Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If we're eyeing up Potter, it does confirm Rodgers position as untenable, I get wanting to get a replacement ready to go but this is ridiculous!

Edited by Tuna

14 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What an unnecessary dig.

yep unfortunately this whole saga is having a very negative effect on our fanbase- toxic in every way- no need to get lairy and mouthy with each other at all- exactly the last thing we should be doing- we are the ones that love this club- we need to be together

Some of you lot are almost as naive as you’re making the board out to be.

I’m sure if what Bert/Ramadaone are alluding to is true, it would have been because Top and co were getting the right noises out of Potter’s camp that it was infact doable and wasn’t as much of a pie in the sky dream as some of you have made it out to be.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not when we are bottom of the league, it's not. I think his salary is the biggest thing standing in the way of it if Brighton were interested. As I mentioned earlier, he has better chance of getting a 'top 6' job in a year or two if if he was to go to Brighton and get them to a top half finish than staying here and sulking. The fact that Potter is now seemingly far ahead of him in the queue is a sign of how much his stock has fallen over the past year. 

Going by that logic only Liverpool and Man City were a step up from us for the best part of two years during early Rodgers days.

By all accounts Brighton had a good season last season and we were awful, still finished above them though. Leicester > Brighton, by a country mile. Clubs aren't even comparable in terms of size. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

I’m sure if what Bert/Ramadaone are alluding to is true, it would have been because Top and co were getting the right noises out of Potter’s camp that it was infact doable and wasn’t as much of a pie in the sky dream as some of you have made it out to be.

Chelsea journalists are saying Potter had been spoken to last week so not sure I believe it. Given how quickly it’s moved it clearly wasn’t a surprise to Potter. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You realise our manager left Celtic who had just won the treble? 

couldn't be more different- 1- he wanted back in the premier league and we offered him stupid money and 2- we have 1 point from 6 games and are bang in trouble

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

Chelsea journalists are saying Potter had been spoken to last week so not sure I believe it. Given how quickly it’s moved it clearly wasn’t a surprise to Potter. 

Would make more sense why Tuchel was sacked now if we was after Potter. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

having another club searching for a new coach (especially one of Chelsea’s status) is going to complicate matters

it could be that they could ask to interview rodgers  - boehly will want to show his investors that he’s undertaken a decent search and process to arrive at a new coach rather than just pick one (in case it’s a disaster) 

the slightest chance that BR might interview really well and say all the right things would surely put us off firing him whilst there is that slightest chance ….. 

if potter takes the job by tomorrow morning then that ‘process’ is obviously not happening 

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

yep unfortunately this whole saga is having a very negative effect on our fanbase- toxic in every way- no need to get lairy and mouthy with each other at all- exactly the last thing we should be doing- we are the ones that love this club- we need to be together

Wow, I’d hate to see how you reacted if somebody actually got lairy and mouthy. I even used a laughing emoji - such a sensitive bunch 

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Make it happen PLEASE

2 things 

1) brighton won’t pay brendan what he wants by a long way so he won’t resign to take that 

2) Brendan won’t leave us without his £10m 

if he gets his payoff and then takes the brighton job (that’s feasible because he will have his big wedge) , what have we gained?? 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Would make more sense why Tuchel was sacked now if we was after Potter. 

If true, Chelsea have officially became my most hated club of all. Constantly trying to unsettle our team, and now sacking their manager prematurely just to get our target before us. I never realised we had gotten under their skin so much.