Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

Turns out Tops been playing 4D chess all week whilst we’ve been having a meltdown in here. I’m here for it.

Doesn't matter how many dimensions you look at it from. We are bottom of the league and the team are without a leader.

Rodgers wouldn't take the Brighton job. At least I don't think he would.

I think he'd fancy a job in Spain or somewhere away from the spotlight to rebuild his reputation until Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal etc inevitably are looking for a new manager in 2/3 years time again.

If he takes the Brighton job and fails again then he's done.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

As much as I’d like to see Rodgers go to Brighton. The fact that Brighton are even in the discussion to poach our manager shows just how far we’ve fallen. 

They won't poach our manager unfortunately. Even Brighton aren't stupid enough to think they could do that, they're still a step down. 

As much as I’d like to see Rodgers go to Brighton. The fact that Brighton are even in the discussion to poach our manager shows just how far we’ve fallen. 

You're doing Brighton a disservice. They've made gains while we've stagnated (rather than fallen).

Just now, RumbleFox said:

There's no way we would even entertain it if we were mid-table. At the minute it's the best thing that could happen though. We part company with the manager, we don't have to pay him off AND we don't face the backlash that we would do if we were to sack him. 

It’s not really poaching though. He’s time is done here, it’s not like we are in the same position when we had our top 4 (5) runs. It’s looking toxic and it’s pretty clear it’s run it’s course (for most) and I surmise that he’s done. It’s just a matter of dotting the i’s and crossing the T’s and getting a new man in.  

Guest Kopfkino

Potter to Leicester would have been like Everton thinking Rodgers would go there 2 years ago, or West Ham thinking he would go there when they sacked Pellegrini. It’s just delusion.

Still bravo to us for fannying around and not even having it as an option as a result. Might not be Brighton’s choice but 4pm on Sunday I couldn’t imagine it being Brighton who wouldn’t have a manager for their next game. Mainly cos I didn’t expect us to be so impotent.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Rodgers wouldn't take the Brighton job. At least I don't think he would.

I think he'd fancy a job in Spain or somewhere away from the spotlight to rebuild his reputation until Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal etc inevitably are looking for a new manager in 2/3 years time again.

If he takes the Brighton job and fails again then he's done.

Rodgers after one month managing in Spain. 

I think they're too sensible and well run to do it, but given they're in a reasonable position to have a push at Europe maybe somebody like Rodgers could give them the bump to get them there? If they kept their same recruitment structure and/or binned him after a couple of years before it went sour it might not be the worst appointment for them.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Unpopular opinion- BR might have been alright at Chelsea if the trend of great starts / tepidness staleness occured as it has at Liverpool, Celtic and here.

I dare say he would've been a better appointment than Potter for them. Potter has slowly built up Brighton from relegation candidates to a mid table side, and I know that approach will not be good enough for Chelsea. If he goes there, he will be sacked by the end of the season. Rodgers on the other hand, he tends to bring immediate success followed by the inevitable decline, basically the opposite of Potter. That's the approach that works for Chelsea. Get Rodgers in for two and a half seasons and I think he'd do well for two of them. I'm not sure Potter would bring the immediate success that I think Rodgers would. 

• Like 2