Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Brighton ain’t gonna give us some wedge for Brendan are they surely 😂

if we're thinking of sacking him would we demand a wedge? I doubt it, we'd be getting him out without having to pay him off

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

2 things 

1) brighton won’t pay brendan what he wants by a long way so he won’t resign to take that 

2) Brendan won’t leave us without his £10m 

if he gets his payoff and then takes the brighton job (that’s feasible because he will have his big wedge) , what have we gained?? 

We'll have got rid of Rodgers, which is by far the most important thing at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not a chance Brighton would go for Rodgers after Sunday's result and performance.

there is a reason Rodgers has been spouting the shite he has to protect his reputation and it works, people from outside will simply put it down to us not spending

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not a chance Brighton would go for Rodgers after Sunday's result and performance.

Do you think they would base their decision entirely off that?  It's turned sour here but in the last three seasons he has still finished 5th, 5th and 8th and won an FA cup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Do you think they would base their decision entirely off that?  It's turned sour here but in the last three seasons he has still finished 5th, 5th and 8th and won an FA cup. 

That is history, the here and now is obvious to everybody. He is a failing manager. If you take away his debatable excuses , he is a failing manager. When they go into decline , managers rarely make it back to the top.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Rodgers to Brighton is all over Twitter. Limited reputable sources though 

His family moved back up to Manchester as they thought Leicester was too far. Can't see Brighton being an option for him? But let's hope I'm wrong! 

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

No but if they look into it a bit deeper we have been on the decline for a while now and he’s failed to do anything about it. His poor signings have added to the mess we’re in.

I hope I’m wrong and they do come in for him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Some of you lot are almost as naive as you’re making the board out to be.

I’m sure if what Bert/Ramadaone are alluding to is true, it would have been because Top and co were getting the right noises out of Potter’s camp that it was infact doable and wasn’t as much of a pie in the sky dream as some of you have made it out to be.

Exactly

Some people on here are so naive when it comes to how modern football works

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That is history, the here and now is obvious to everybody. He is a failing manager. If you take away his debatable excuses , he is a failing manager. When they go into decline , managers rarely make it back to the top.

Most people n here would take Mancini, who has recently failed to qualify for the World Cup with Italy. 

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

But people told me Brighton was a well run club? :dunno:

Id take rodgers for a few years, on paper why wouldnt you? 

He's always done good things to start with.  Still think he's got villa written all over him. 

If we were brighton and you had the options of bren or dyche im pretty sure youd want the one who won an fa cup and reached europe twice with leicester.   There will be plenty that look at our situation and will blame it on the lack of transfers (even if that is so obviously not the problem) 

I think Brendan would likely go in and do well at first at most places, its just what follows that alarms you. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2