Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

2 things 

1) brighton won’t pay brendan what he wants by a long way so he won’t resign to take that 

2) Brendan won’t leave us without his £10m 

if he gets his payoff and then takes the brighton job (that’s feasible because he will have his big wedge) , what have we gained?? 

If he stays with us and takes us down, it might finally, FINALLY have a negative impact on his public image.

People outside the club are already starting to change their tune on him, and the longer he stays here the louder that will be.

The quicker he buggers off and swiftly take a new job, the more self-image he saves. Is the money more important to him than other people's perception of him, only he will know.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That is history, the here and now is obvious to everybody. He is a failing manager. If you take away his debatable excuses , he is a failing manager. When they go into decline , managers rarely make it back to the top.

Most managerial jobs end in failure. Many still go onto other clubs and do well, at least for a short while. Mourinho has been sacked how many times and has still gone onto win trophies at other clubs. 

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If he stays with us and takes us down, it might finally, FINALLY have a negative impact on his public image.

People outside the club are already starting to change their tune on him, and the longer he stays here the louder that will be.

The quicker he buggers off and swiftly take a new job, the more self-image he saves. Is the money more important to him than other people's perception of him, only he will know.

My point is he won’t leave us without his payoff to take a job at Brighton on a third of what he’s earning here

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

To be fair, 18 months ago we'd just won the FA Cup and I think Brendan's status was in pretty high regard

Hmmm, it was, but there were murmers of discontent amongst some of us.

Listen we were all very grateful and excited of our FA Cup win but you strip it down, we were poor in the lead up (Since January iirc) to the final and we were poor since.

In isolation the FA Cup win was fantastic and we’re all grateful for it, take nothing away from it itself but it papered of a lot of cracks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I think he’d still largely avoid the negative perception from others with the ‘I couldn’t strengthen the squad and we weren’t good enough’ excuse. Nothing to do with him. 

He's a master of covering his own deficiencies by blame shifting with convincing words. He fooled me for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know we all want him gone but have we really fallen so low that we are losing our manager to Brighton?!

Imagine being Rodgers, he thought he’d be off to somewhere like Arsenal or Manchester United. 

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know we all want him gone but have we really fallen so low that we are losing our manager to Brighton?!

I look at it more like you have on old settee in the garage. It was good in its day but is all worn and knackered now - with damp patches where the cat pissed on it. 

Your neighbours just asked if he can have it for nowt...

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i wouldn't mind if scunthorpe got him. just want him to piss off

Brighton are more than a worthy club for Brendan. 

They've been a terrific club for a few years now and his BS will probably see them do well for another year or two until his poison starts to work its way through  

• Like 1

Brighton wouldn’t be suckered in by the media noise around Rodgers.

They made a very media-unfriendly decision to fire Hughton and appoint Potter because they have a management team that look past the bluster and are focussed on statistics and what will yield the best results for the club in the long run.

They’d take one look at our underlying stats under Rodgers and close the file on him. Especially for the money Rodgers would want. 

Obviously hope it’s true but no chance it is.