Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It certainly does to Brendan Rodgers, its his first language. 

"If I could do two things in the world I'd speak every language and I would play every musical instrument. Why? It's the ability to communicate. As you grow older you understand communication is so important."

Brent or Brendan?

Shame his communication at the moment stinks as much as his football huh?

• Like 2

So one of tops planes spent the week in Nice, landing in the UK last night, and one arrived In london today after a refuel in Zagreb.

So he either got here to make decisions last night or this morning. 

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Agreed, his stock's never been higher, you have to take these chances when they come along - you wouldn't want to be wondering what could have been.

Yep. All it takes is for a slump of form at Brighton for perception to change. Put it this way, Rodgers is not being linked with any of these jobs anymore. This time last year he was. Managers have to strike while the iron is hot. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Yep. All it takes is for a slump of form at Brighton for perception to change. Put it this way, Rodgers is not being linked with any of these jobs anymore. This time last year he was. Managers have to strike while the iron is hot. 

Exactly, a few bum games and suddenly he's yesterday's man in the eyes of the super-big clubs.

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Going to show my complete lack of business naos here, but if Brighton really wanted Rodgers and didn't want to pay him the salary that we pay, could they not just give him an advance as a way of levelling up? 

Same difference 

whether they pay a big lump and then 60k/week or no big lump and 100k/week, they are still paying him 100k/week by the end of his deal 

of course he earns nearly twice that here but he isn’t leaving without his £10m so he could afford to take a lower salary for a few years 

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We are contracted to pay Brendan for the next 3 years if we sack him and he sits on his arse for that time period.

If he get another job in that time period are payments to him stop.........I think or maybe wrong 🤷

If we sack him then we have to negotiate a severance package 

if we relieve him of first team duties and place him on gardening leave indefinitely then it’s up to him if he gets a new job. The point where he does would mean he has to resign and his salary stops 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Brendans had doubts in his head if he'd could handle the it when Arsenal were interested in him before they chose Arteta......so he opted to have his salary doubled to 10m here.

He could have gone to Spurs last year when no manager was interested in them.......if he was confident that he would succeed there, he would have been active to making moves to go there.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why wouldn't Brighton want Rodgers?!

I mean he's an 'elite manager', someone who we should consider 'lucky to have', they should be 'careful what the wish for' if the were to look elsewhere.

Absolutely...

He must of impressed them last Sunday surely?

• Haha 1

Just now, weller54 said:

Absolutely...

He must of impressed them last Sunday surely?

They might back him, something nasty old little Leicester aren't doing, surely we're all in agreement such an 'elite', 'top, top level' manager deserves that? :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we sack him then we have to negotiate a severance package 

if we relieve him of first team duties and place him on gardening leave indefinitely then it’s up to him if he gets a new job. The point where he does would mean he has to resign and his salary stops 

This is the thing.....it's a gamble,but if we put him on gardening leave,would his ego accept that?Personally i don't think he'd like that at all.........just depends if we have the finances to pay him until he leaves and get a decent manager in.