Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

This is the thing.....it's a gamble,but if we put him on gardening leave,would his ego accept that?Personally i don't think he'd like that at all.........just depends if we have the finances to pay him until he leaves and get a decent manager in.

Surely spreading the cost over a time is better than just a big payment, if we were to do it for a month and see a sudden upturn in results, surely gives everyone within the club more confidence, an if it doesn't change results, we haven't lost much apart from a negative influence being around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Surely spreading the cost over a time is better than just a big payment, if we were to do it for a month and see a sudden upturn in results, surely gives everyone within the club more confidence, an if it doesn't change results, we haven't lost much apart from a negative influence being around.

He's got 3 years left on his deal hasn't he? Be far more to put him on gardening leave than pay him off! 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we sack him then we have to negotiate a severance package 

if we relieve him of first team duties and place him on gardening leave indefinitely then it’s up to him if he gets a new job. The point where he does would mean he has to resign and his salary stops 

In that case give him the choice between a years salary as compensation or gardening leave. He'll choose the former and be in another job within 3-6 months. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Most managerial jobs end in failure. Many still go onto other clubs and do well, at least for a short while. Mourinho has been sacked how many times and has still gone onto win trophies at other clubs. 

Only thing Rodgers has in common with Mourinho is he too thinks he's a special one...or should that be spavvy one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

Having a quick glance at the Brighton forum a wonderfully staggering amount of their fans seem keen,nay excited at the prospect of him taking over from Potter. 

And I thought this place was mental 

He'd do brilliantly there for a couple of years, as he did here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

Having a quick glance at the Brighton forum a wonderfully staggering amount of their fans seem keen,nay excited at the prospect of him taking over from Potter. 

Shhhhhh don’t correct them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jabbaranks said:

Potter hasn't achieved anywhere near what Rodgers has here. He'd do a good job there until it fizzled out.

I want Rodger's out now as much as the next guy, but if we were Brighton and and were linked with a guy who's finished top 8 three times and won the FA cup, we'd be interested.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 4