Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

In that case give him the choice between a years salary as compensation or gardening leave. He'll choose the former and be in another job within 3-6 months. 

Based on what? How do you know if he will not see out his 'Gardening leave'. As others have stated its all conjecture, we have no idea what his contract stipulates. There may be no gardening leave option. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Yep. All it takes is for a slump of form at Brighton for perception to change. Put it this way, Rodgers is not being linked with any of these jobs anymore. This time last year he was. Managers have to strike while the iron is hot. 

Karma for Rodgers if he won even 3 games Chelsea would have probably approached him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Potter hasn't achieved anywhere near what Rodgers has here. He'd do a good job there until it fizzled out.

I want Rodger's out now as much as the next guy, but if we were Brighton and and were linked with a guy who's finished top 8 three times and won the FA cup, we'd be interested.

Its more the slow, laborious, sideways, predictable football that had I had knowledge of prior to him joining us i'd have been dead set against.

Going from Potter to Rodgers....

:nigel::revenge:

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

Its more the slow, laborious, sideways football that had I had knowledge of prior to him joining us i'd have been dead set against.

Tbf the football was great when he first came in. It’s mental that he changed the style completely even having the same players.

• Like 4

L

6 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

It really does make you wonder if this is reason he has kept his job so long, maybe the right people have known about Brighton lining up a replacement for a while.

There's no way Brighton could afford Brendan. They'd only pay a 3rd of his wages at most and money is the only thing that motivates Roger's so he'd rather be on gardening leave than take a pay cut.

I'm just gutted Chelsea didn't sack Tuchel a month or so ago when his stock could still have been high enough to fluke hs way into that job, but he's been exposed as a fraud now so that's a non-starter.

The funniest thing is that if he didn't completely balls up the game against Chelsea, they'd probably be in for him. If he didn't completely balls up the game against Brighton, they'd probably be in for him.

He can only blame himself, but he can't do that, so he's probably in a frustrating frustration feedback loop right now. It's probably sending his head round the bend. I ****ing hope it is. I really do. The absolute gimp. 

• Like 1

I still wonder if the relationship between Top and Brendan goes beyond manager/employee, more of a friendship, and this my make the reality of sacking him more difficult. :dunno:

I realise people will say Top is a businessman and emotion does not come into, but he is still a person

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

It really does make you wonder if this is reason he has kept his job so long, maybe the right people have known about Brighton lining up a replacement for a while.

Chelsea pays Brighton for Potter and Brighton pays Leicester for Rodgers and Leicester gives Dyche many pound notes?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I still wonder if the relationship between Top and Brendan goes beyond manager/employee, more of a friendship, and this my make the reality of sacking him more difficult. :dunno:

I realise people will say Top is a businessman and emotion does not come into, but he is still a person

That is a massive issue if true. It’s imperative that he can be ruthless. Sentimentality might kill us. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don't think so, if he was that good mates he wouldn't have ripped into the club and top surely would have backed him in the window.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ranieri and both Vichai/Top were very close. Didn’t stop them then. 

27 minutes ago, shiv said:

Ranieri and both Vichai/Top were very close. Didn’t stop them then. 

No it didn’t, but the wise old head of Vichai isn’t here now. Anyway, as @whoareyaaa pointed out, there would have been less criticism about the ownership/club if it were true, so probably not

Edited by Dahnsouff

Just now, KansasFox said:

I do think our owners are slower to deal with things like this but I think it has a lot to do with the way their culture views honor and loyalty.  We are benificiaries of this in many ways... but in this kind of situation it means frustration.

We’ve been loyal to no manager when the results have gone against them. And that makes this all the stranger. It’s hopefully financial, strategic or a mixture. 

58 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can’t we lose him? People lose things all of the time….

You mean get the team bus to stop at Corley Services, make sure Brendan gets off and goes for a comfort break, added by a dodgy serving of lasagne, then round up the players, get them back on the bus sharpish and just drive off?!?

All done whilst Brendan is sat in a cynical, furiously scribbling notes on the quality of his bowl movement? 

• Haha 2