Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Not sure why people care where he ends up. It could be northampton town or oadby town for all I care.

Just as long as we don't have to put up with his shite football.

We care because he is on the brink of getting the chop and if someone come in and paid that compensation it would be like winning the lottery 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I reckon if he mows the grass, the stripes will go from side to side only ….

He would use the lawn mower to plant the flowers and a pair of garden scissors to mow the pitches. 

Edited by Eskay

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Contact was quickly made with Brighton, who gave their approval for talks with Potter to commence with Chelsea prepared to pay the buyout clause of around £20million.

they have enough to get BR and pay him his first years salary just from the compo 

There's no way they're going to suddenly 5/10X what they're paying their head coach regardless of the compensation. Let alone the fact that Brendan is no longer an attractive proposition.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There was no way we were supposedly paying £10 million to sack Rodgers… and then spend another £16 million plus ongoing wages to appoint Potter.

(And I suspect Potter would have said ‘no’ to us as well)

25 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Like potter would come here from Brighton side ways move at best

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think he would be tbf, probably looking at £30m+ in compo for the pair

That is also if Potter would come, and seems like Tuchel wasn’t that out of the blue either so Potter or his agent will probably have heard rumblings about it

it comes down to who you believe, if the club genuinely have changed plans now, they must have had 1) a willingness to pay what it would take and 2) an idea that he would be willing to join. 

Yes we have to pay rodgers to leave but that is inevitable. 16M for a good manager or 16m for a rw? Its not exactly impossible.      We could tripple his wages and still have him on far less than rodgers. I fully understand the poch wouldnt come claims, but this is only brighton we are talking about... another club who spent the summer selling some of their best players.  A good manager would look at us as a whole and realise that 'its only 6 games in' and they can turn us around and build far more than brighton in the long run. 

Thats my opinion anyway 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

There's no way they're going to suddenly 5/10X what they're paying their head coach regardless of the compensation. Let alone the fact that Brendan is no longer an attractive proposition.

If he has 3 years left on his contract and a reported £20m buyout then he is likely to be on more than 1m or 2m per year.

Otherwise why agree to the deal, 

If on one hand the club value him highly enough to put that amount on his head, then logic would suggest that you wouldn’t agree to being the 18th best paid manager in the league 

22 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Just get rid of Rodgers and have literally anyone to pick the team.

I say get rid of him and then each game we have a different foxes talk member picking the team. I don't mind going first unless you fancy it? 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabbaranks said:

Having a quick glance at the Brighton forum a wonderfully staggering amount of their fans seem keen,nay excited at the prospect of him taking over from Potter. 

And I thought this place was mental 

Don’t ****ing tell them.

@Mark hide this thread from non registered members. Set up a Rodgers support thread and pretend all is great.

We might just get away with it.

6 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

It's an easy decision for him. He takes the Chelsea job if offered 100%. He has the chance to win things there. You make your name from winning trophies not by finishing in 8th with Brighton people forget results easily, even upsets in the league, everyone remembers who won a trophy. At Chelsea he has an incredibly talented squad to work with and will no doubt be able to add some more in Jan. They fired Tuchel far too prematurely after a couple of surprising losses so whoever takes the job will get them playing well and make a great name for themselves.  They will definitely get through their champions league group for starters. Last night was just a bad day at the office for too many. They have quality. 

...no disputing the quality that the team possesses, it is difficult to understand why they fail to be competitive in the league!!!

I am sure it can all turn around, and with a man manager in place with a great understanding of the game then they will go far. Tuchel is a coach that in certain circumstances will thrive, but he makes enemies everywhere he goes and I do not suppose it was ever going to get better at, Chelsea. It really is his way or the highway and if someone is given that much latitude and does not produce results, the inevitable happens.

Talk surrounding him coming here are fanciful unless his ego has taken one bruise too many. He would get on the wrong side of the team, it would not take too long for stories of unrest to be coming from the dressing room, he is a divisive figure, we need to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it comes down to who you believe, if the club genuinely have changed plans now, they must have had 1) a willingness to pay what it would take and 2) an idea that he would be willing to join. 

Yes we have to pay rodgers to leave but that is inevitable. 16M for a good manager or 16m for a rw? Its not exactly impossible.      We could tripple his wages and still have him on far less than rodgers. I fully understand the poch wouldnt come claims, but this is only brighton we are talking about... another club who spent the summer selling some of their best players.  A good manager would look at us as a whole and realise that 'its only 6 games in' and they can turn us around and build far more than brighton in the long run. 

Thats my opinion anyway 

A spot on post. My view of it exactly. We are just 6 games in. Football has gone mad. Won the world's top 3 club comps. 6th with 10 points and sacked. 

• Thanks 1