Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If he has 3 years left on his contract and a reported £20m buyout then he is likely to be on more than 1m or 2m per year.

Otherwise why agree to the deal, 

If on one hand the club value him highly enough to put that amount on his head, then logic would suggest that you wouldn’t agree to being the 18th best paid manager in the league 

Possibly. Depends when he sign that contract? I've only seen estimates online of 1 to 2 million a year. It sounds like the buyout is more like a transfer fee/compensation to Brighton rather than a paying off of his contract.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Brighton would be genuinely interested in Rodgers. 

They are, but it’s not clear whether Rodgers would go there for the money offered. Villa would also very likely approach Rodgers if they sack Gerrard.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Possibly. Depends when he sign that contract? I've only seen estimates online of 1 to 2 million a year. It sounds like the buyout is more like a transfer fee/compensation to Brighton rather than a paying off of his contract.

Yeah I get that, but on one hand they are saying you’re paid peanuts because you’re up coming etc, on the other a buyout to suggest 10 times your annual wage.

If you was Potter or his agent at the time, would you not think thats a tad high and it only allows elite level club to get him.

Potentially not allowing his career to progress.

Its worked out well, but who would’ve seen that coming a couple of years ago

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’d love to know how Chelsea can get over the FFP rules for this season. That’s like £270m they’ve spent isn’t it? 

Totally agree.

Lampard spent 1/4 billion 2 years ago as well.

Don't know how they managed to avoid it as well as tapping up players from other clubs that are on long contracts 😡😡

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no disputing the quality that the team possesses, it is difficult to understand why they fail to be competitive in the league!!!

I am sure it can all turn around, and with a man manager in place with a great understanding of the game then they will go far. Tuchel is a coach that in certain circumstances will thrive, but he makes enemies everywhere he goes and I do not suppose it was ever going to get better at, Chelsea. It really is his way or the highway and if someone is given that much latitude and does not produce results, the inevitable happens.

Talk surrounding him coming here are fanciful unless his ego has taken one bruise too many. He would get on the wrong side of the team, it would not take too long for stories of unrest to be coming from the dressing room, he is a divisive figure, we need to look elsewhere. 

Yeah it's strange how it always seems to end on a sour note and falling out with the club after a couple of years of being massively successful.  It's seems a recurring theme with a few of the most successful managers around not just him. Sometimes it just reaches a point where its best for everyone to part company.  Perhaps this is how managers do it. Fall out with the board to get the sack and a payout rather than walk once their interest in the project has faded?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah I get that, but on one hand they are saying you’re paid peanuts because you’re up coming etc, on the other a buyout to suggest 10 times your annual wage.

If you was Potter or his agent at the time, would you not think thats a tad high and it only allows elite level club to get him.

Potentially not allowing his career to progress.

Its worked out well, but who would’ve seen that coming a couple of years ago

Yea, it seems odd. I'm leaning more to the compensation quoted being higher than it actually is rather than Potter being on 100K odd a week at Brighton, but if for some reason they're interested in Rodger's and somehow they could do a deal for him then like you say that's a lottery win for us.

Still seems far fetched for me though. Villa seem like the only real hope of us not paying him his pot of gold.

Edited by BigGibbo

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That seems a very high compensation for Potter. Rodgers was/is way less than that and he's on a shit load more than Potter. 

I think so too. Why would he sign for 2m a year one of the lowest managerial wages in the premier league with a 20m compensation clause? It makes no sense.

• Like 2