Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

I think so too. Why would he sign for 2m a year one of the lowest managerial wages in the premier league with a 20m compensation clause? It makes no sense.

Could he be getting a cut of the compensation?

Not sure if this has been asked and I can't be bothered trawling through all the pages, but can we put him on gardening leave in the hope we can get compensation from another club who will inevitably come in for him?

Edited by ousefox

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They are, but it’s not clear whether Rodgers would go there for the money offered. Villa would also very likely approach Rodgers if they sack Gerrard.

I don't think Brighton will pay the wages he would want. They will appoint someone else like Graham Potter who will come from a lower league and probably turn out really good. Villa are the ones who could come through for us here. The slight spanner in the works is whoever loses gets sacked probably so we would have to beat them for them to need him and if we beat Villa Top might decide to keep him on a bit as he's stuck by him this far. 

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Could he be getting a cut of the compensation?

Unlikely.  Chelsea would probably pay him a signing bonus and a huge salary.  I think any compensation will be fully payable to Brighton. I just can't see him or his agent allowing a 20m clause on a 2m a year contract although perhaps he wanted the job so bad he would have signed anything. 

14 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

At this moment Brighton are better and richer than us .

With Faes and hopefully Iversen being better than Ward they aren't better than us. They just had a manager everyone was willing to run through walls for and great positive momentum and we are in a rut. If you take the manager out of the equation man vs man we have a better squad than Brighton and a better starting 11. 

• Like 1

There's a further problem here, there are some good options out there but not many, by dragging our heels over the inevitable departure of Rodgers, we're giving Brighton a head start in the race to appoint one of the better managers who are available. For example if Brighton were to replace Potter with Rose, it's an opportunity missed, all because we're holding on to this plum.

Edited by Tielemans63

What happens when Brighton get Cooper from Forest and then Rodgers joins Forest where he assembles a squad of 55 players as the Greek owner says ‘you want signings? I give you ****in signings lad’. 

Within 3 months, the squads in mutiny as Brendan keeps playing the same 11 lads and makes no subs. Numerous injuries. Brennan Johnson becomes a crock. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Not sure if this has been asked and I can't be bothered trawling through all the pages, but can we put him on gardening leave in the hope we can get compensation from another club who will inevitably come in for him?

Stick him in the under 23s

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

There's a further problem here, there are some good options out there but not many, by dragging our heels over the inevitable departure of Rodgers, we're giving Brighton a head start in the race to appoint one of the better managers who are available. For example if Brighton were to replace Potter with Rose, it's an opportunity missed.

I know it’s just an example but Rose is all but done to join Leipzig. Point still valid 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

There's a further problem here, there are some good options out there but not many, by dragging our heels over the inevitable departure of Rodgers, we're giving Brighton a head start in the race to appoint one of the better managers who are available. For example if Brighton were to replace Potter with Rose, it's an opportunity missed.

Rose is going to RB Leipzig!

15 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Gardening leave 99% can’t legally happen 

26 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Thread’s been hot for 3 days and literally nothing has happened. 

Can’t see anything other than a loss on Saturday. What a waste of a week we could’ve spent bedding in a new manager.  

This is my issue.... the soon a new guyn8d on the better for all.of us.

I also want top to be a leader 

• Like 1

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Rose is going to RB Leipzig!

Point still valid though. It was just an example. If anything this proves my point! If we'd not dragged this out, Rose could have been a realistic option for us before the Leipzig job was even a possibility.

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

With Faes and hopefully Iversen being better than Ward they aren't better than us. They just had a manager everyone was willing to run through walls for and great positive momentum and we are in a rut. If you take the manager out of the equation man vs man we have a better squad than Brighton and a better starting 11. 

Even the owners horses are winning more times than tops.lol

19 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I don't think Brighton will pay the wages he would want. They will appoint someone else like Graham Potter who will come from a lower league and probably turn out really good. Villa are the ones who could come through for us here. The slight spanner in the works is whoever loses gets sacked probably so we would have to beat them for them to need him and if we beat Villa Top might decide to keep him on a bit as he's stuck by him this far. 

They could actually go for Thomas Frank. That would make sense for them.

• Like 1