Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Should we have made 0 subs then? I’m not saying subbing him was right, but people are acting like it’s the reason we lost. Taking off a striker for another midfielder was the right call, no doubt about it.

Edited by Dusty

4 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Manager will be staying. He won’t be sacked. Can’t imagine us getting anyone better anyway. We won the FA Cup last year don’t forget  and we are not Manchester City with tons of money. 

Point take.

So why are we trying to play like Man City?

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

They've got nobody lined up, though. As long as we are clear of the bottom three I think they'll hold off.

We're never giving a manager a huge and long contract again.

I expect that we will have an idea of managers were interested in. I fully back the people running the club to do the right thing, whatever it might be.

At the time it seemed a no brainer didn't it. We looked electric and Rodgers had the lads playing some incredible football.

It now looks like hes had a personality change and is completely the opposite of what made us so good and enjoyable to watch

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

At the same time tho, we have over performed for the last 2 years as well. We’re definitely in a bad patch of form but that doesn’t mean he should go. 

Look at Liverpool last season, they were far worse than we are now and for much much longer. It was have been suicide for them to sack klopp. We have to stick with Rodgers for now, if it continues then ofc we can question him, but there’s only so much he can do when 3 of the back 4 are injured.

Agree with this. We have had an amazing purple patch. Even finishing 5th was highly overachieving for us and should have been applauded but the narrative of ‘failure’ overshadowed our success to the degree that people on here are genuinely questioning our FA Cup win which is utterly bonkers. We are due some splash back and will have to ride it out as a team, a club and supporters. Brendan has most definitely earnt our support in these tricky times.  Judge him when he gets his full toolkit to play. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We were being over run in midfield, if you're playing a lone striker it makes sense for it to be Vardy left on. Neither 1 of our strikers were seeing much of the ball. My only complaint is that he didn't do it sooner. 

Hamza kept giving the ball away and hasn't played any football this season so was never likely to last 90 minutes. 

Amartey cost us the goal against Legia. 

We are where we are, down to the bare bones in defence which means the midfield can't be as progressive as they'd like because they need to protect the back 4.

The reason our midfield was being overrun was because Barnes and Bertrand couldn’t deal with their RB and RW causing Youri or Hamza to push wide. The source of the problem was our left IMO.

• Like 1

Didn’t watch the game but sounds like the manager is creating a rod for his own back by sticking with certain players in the hope they come back to form.

He’s been decisive with Ricardo, Perez and Maddison, yet not with Barnes and Bertrand. 

It had the right effect on Maddison as he looked proactive and hungry when he came on vs Legia Warsaw.

Wonder if it’s worth taking Barnes out or rotating between him and Lookman so the former plays EL and the latter in the domestic league? And similarly, playing Bertrand in the Europa, and Thomas in the league until Justin returns? 

1 minute ago, shiv said:

The reason our midfield was being overrun was because Barnes and Bertrand couldn’t deal with their RB and RW causing Youri or Hamza to push wide. The source of the problem was our left IMO.

So an extra man in midfield would have helped? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Should we have made 0 subs then? I’m not saying subbing him was right, but prime are acting like it’s the reason we lost. Taking off a striker for another midfielder was the right call, no doubt about it.

Agree we did need the extra midfielder on as we were getting completely dominated from the start but that's what happens when we play 4 4 2 without a physical box to box midfielder and two wingers who don't track back so well.  Then it's a choice between Vardy or Nacho and a sub to sure things up on the left where we getting exploited all game. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Didn’t watch the game but sounds like the manager is creating a rod for his own back by sticking with certain players in the hope they come back to form.

He’s been decisive with Ricardo, Perez and Maddison, yet not with Barnes and Bertrand. 

It had the right effect on Maddison as he looked proactive and hungry when he came on vs Legia Warsaw.

Wonder if it’s worth taking Barnes out or rotating between him and Lookman so the former plays EL and the latter in the domestic league? And similarly, playing Bertrand in the Europa, and Thomas in the league until Justin returns? 

We’ve only got a finite amount of players tbf. If you take out Bertrand then you’ve got Thomas or Castagne. Thomas has been poor this season and was shocking midweek. If castagne plays there then Ricardo goes to RB and you’ve praised Brendan for dropping him. 

If we drop Barnes then lookman goes there and perez right mid, and everyone’s slated perez at RW for 2 years.

I get what you’re saying, but there’s only so much rotation we can do. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'd be tempted to chuck big money at Conte when BR leaves 

Absolute no chance he comes here. Even if he did he’d leave the first opportunity a bigger job comes up. Plus his sides usually commit suicide after a couple of years anyway, we’d be in the same situation as we are now. 

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We were being over run in midfield, if you're playing a lone striker it makes sense for it to be Vardy left on. Neither 1 of our strikers were seeing much of the ball. My only complaint is that he didn't do it sooner. 

Hamza kept giving the ball away and hasn't played any football this season so was never likely to last 90 minutes. 

Amartey cost us the goal against Legia. 

We are where we are, down to the bare bones in defence which means the midfield can't be as progressive as they'd like because they need to protect the back 4.

But Vards cant make the ball stick. He never has done. 

We were 2-0 up and being overrun in midfield. 

Vards should've been hooked for an extra midfielder.  Kel up front to buy fouls. Ditto Madders for Barnes. How the fck have we lost the ability to manage the game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

But Vards cant make the ball stick. He never has done. 

We were 2-0 up and being overrun in midfield. 

Vards should've been hooked for an extra midfielder.  Kel up front to buy fouls. Ditto Madders for Barnes. How the fck have we lost the ability to manage the game?

That's a decision for the manager to make but the fact that we'd be relying on the counter attack, Vardy seemed the obvious choice to me. 

22 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Should we have made 0 subs then? I’m not saying subbing him was right, but people are acting like it’s the reason we lost. Taking off a striker for another midfielder was the right call, no doubt about it.

Well it wasn’t. We threw away a winning position and needed a striker to help swing it back our way. 

We should have made subs. Im

not saying subs in general is a bad thing. It’s the timing and the type of subs he keeps ****ing up on.