Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

With Faes and hopefully Iversen being better than Ward they aren't better than us. They just had a manager everyone was willing to run through walls for and great positive momentum and we are in a rut. If you take the manager out of the equation man vs man we have a better squad than Brighton and a better starting 11. 

Sanchez is a far better keeper than Ward or Iversen. Their squad is much more balanced with wide players we could only dream of at this point. 
When fully fit and playing to potential I think we have a better squad overall but we are not better than them man to man in all positions, they have lost two of their best players this summer as well.

17 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Rodge motivational team talk on Saturday 

Christ, can you imagine having to listen to that claptrap before every match?  Trust no one but yourself should be on his gravestone. Self-serving used car patter merchant. The games up Rodgers just ..... off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

So many on here are trying to re-write history. It's going badly at the moment and we are annoyed with him now. However, we should not forget what he achieved in the first 2.5 years. Some are making out as though his whole reign has been a disaster. 

Not sure why this is funny? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Rodge motivational team talk on Saturday 

This is so shit hahahaha. Trust no one… proceeds to name three groups you should trust lol 

Look at Johnson stood behind him. Glad he got to explain his thoughts here:

Mills is a **** but 55:00 onward is so believable on Brendan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Matt Mills is a cnut but apart from calling Brendan a gobshite, these two other statements are very telling, and sums up exactly why Brendan is failing with us right now - "The way he wanted to play, just didn't suit the players"  but  "He didn't want to move away from his philosophy". 

Plan A and only Plan A.

Sometimes you can have success with just one plan and style, but unless you are Pep and have billions to spend, this constant obsession with having possession and control of the ball, will always be his downfall. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is so shit hahahaha. Trust no one… proceeds to name three groups you should trust lol 

Glorious. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Not sure why this is funny? 

Sorry Mrs. Rodgers, the general feelings of ill will towards your son are only for his recent performance, or lack there of. We are all thankful for the earlier part of his tenure, the European spot finishes and the FA Cup. But have you heard him speak to the media these past 12 or so months? If he had taken some responsibility for the mess he’s placed us in, people probably wouldn’t be finding humor in your other post. It’s all good though. Perhaps you could convince him to shove off to Brighton, or Bournemouth, or really anywhere other than here.  Best wishes! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skid_1884 said:

Sanchez is a far better keeper than Ward or Iversen. Their squad is much more balanced with wide players we could only dream of at this point. 
When fully fit and playing to potential I think we have a better squad overall but we are not better than them man to man in all positions, they have lost two of their best players this summer as well.

Balance being the word here, totally agree. Potter is getting his players to perform way above their abilities.

It's reached a point where Trossard is the better Belgian for me over Youri. He's certainly playing a hell of a lot better now. If anyone suggested to me 2 years ago that Trossard was even as good as Youri I'd have sniggered. 

Now I'm thinking I was wrong back then because he's certainly looking excellent now and decent in the past to be fair.

Those 2 Belgian midfielders are the ultimate juxtaposition of the two managers and how effective those managers are.

10 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Sorry Mrs. Rodgers, the general feelings of ill will towards your son are only for his recent performance, or lack there of. We are all thankful for the earlier part of his tenure, the European spot finishes and the FA Cup. But have you heard him speak to the media these past 12 or so months? If he had taken some responsibility for the mess he’s placed us in, people probably wouldn’t be finding humor in your other post. It’s all good though. Perhaps you could convince him to shove off to Brighton, or Bournemouth, or really anywhere other than here.  Best wishes! 

I mean, you don't have to look very far to see posts where I have been begging for him to be sacked. He needs to go. I have felt that way since the Forest debacle in February. I have stated that during the first 2.5 years he was a good manager for us and that can't really be disputed. Some people want to conveniently forget that. 

How anyone could read that post and think that I am some sort of Rodgers fanboy that wants him to stay here forever is bizarre beyond all comprehension. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Ok now I’m on a roll. Just watched the first episode of Being Liverpool. The guy had a huge canvas of himself in his family home in Liverpool lollol 

• Haha 1

Rodgers..No Rodgers...

I am a very simple fan...

This club,This Manager,This group of players can't get this set of players together to start to perform .??!!

Formation..any one chooses...

Forgodake,that's a solid base to get us out of this crap ..

Vardy..

Nacho(Daka)

Barnes

Maddison

Tielemans ( Praet

Soumare ( Ndidi, Mendy)

Faes ( Soyuncu)

Evans 

Justin ( Thomas)

Castagna 

Iverson ( Ward)

With,Perez/Amartey, 2-3 Academy players in the Background...

Cut out the noise,the crap, & the shit,

Everybody pull together...Fans FFS everything has been said,repeated,& soaked in fat & paper..T-shirts sold..

Now fking start playing, & earning what your payed for,& supporting the whole of the squad...and own fans quit digging hate-holes, to throw players into..

Stop creating & listening to every bit of singular media & punditry crap..

The above team/squad..get your  finger out...I am & would be embarrassed that even Now EOS-result is anywhere near relegation...It's you the players,who pick up the performances & results...Not outside influence...Don't like,do like manager... You play for the team...get it done....No Excuse..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

So many on here are trying to re-write history. It's going badly at the moment and we are annoyed with him now. However, we should not forget what he achieved in the first 2.5 years. Some are making out as though his whole reign has been a disaster. 

What's the old adhege...

Be carefull what you wish for....

So..Ditto fans..so Ditto club...so Ditto high club management...

So Ditto Brendan Rodgers..!

Maybe a call & sit down with a woman..

Can Ms Whelan find some decouram in this fleeting,bombsare of madness...

Organise a pow-wow,reassess & not let it drift...Give the players & manager something to bite on...!!

& Fans to chew..

Edited by fuchsntf

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What's the old adhege...

Be carefull what you wish for....

So..Ditto fans..so Ditto club...so Ditto high club management...

So Ditto Brendan Rodgers..!

Maybe a call & sit down with a woman..

Can Ms Whelan find some decouram in this fleeting,bombsare of madness...

Organise a pow-wow,reassess & not let it drift...Give the players & manager something to bite on...!!

& Fans to chew..

You know something of biblical proportions is coming when @fuchsntfsays something like this :P

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Haha 1

It’s all very strange at the moment, as others have said, very quiet on social media by the club, no training gallery’s of any sort, social media blackout from the players with exception of KDH birthday and JJ’s baby news . 

Also very little from Percy or other ITK journalists in reference to vote of confidence or  if he has 1, 2 or 10 games to save his job. It’s all eerily quiet considering what unfolded in his Man Utd post match interview and then the debacle at Brighton. 

If something has changed I can only hope Brighton are seriously considering Rodgers and there is a chance we would accept a minimal compensation package  to release and his coaching team to avoid a heavy pay off. Even this scenario could save the club £15 to £20m so if it is even a distinct possibility it could explain why the situation has not yet been resolved.