Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

If he survives another defeat. He’s getting until at least the international break I’d think. 

We’ve just become nigh on unwatchable. 

Seems likely, horrifying as that is.  But - while I know Tottenham under Conte are hardly expansive and swashbuckling - it’s the sort of side that could easily put 6 or 7 on the board against us in current form.  Something like that might force the board’s hands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Anyone else think ‘nice and tight’ is super creepy?

Straight out of the Brent book of speeches! Have our lads been having to listen to that shite for 3yrs! No wonder players want to leave. That was a speech for the camera's and ultimately his favourite person, himself and his reputation. He's absolutely cringeworthy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Seems likely, horrifying as that is.  But - while I know Tottenham under Conte are hardly expansive and swashbuckling - it’s the sort of side that could easily put 6 or 7 on the board against us in current form.  Something like that might force the board’s hands.

If we fail to perform against Villa and the Crowd turns against BR I would be very surprised if Top doesn’t act.

The Spurs situation also is highly likely based on current form / mentality and again if we get tanked I would expect them to bin him.

I struggle to understand what is gained by delaying a decision- unless the Club is negotiating behind the scenes to bin / replace and doesn’t want Stowell to take temp charge.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sly said:

If he survives another defeat. He’s getting until at least the international break I’d think. 

We’ve just become nigh on unwatchable. 

He will get this weekend + the Spurs game. Sacked after losing 5-1 to Spurs. Sacked before the international break. At least we hope....

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

If we fail to perform against Villa and the Crowd turns against BR I would be very surprised if Top doesn’t act.

The Spurs situation also is highly likely based on current form / mentality and again if we get tanked I would expect them to bin him.

I struggle to understand what is gained by delaying a decision- unless the Club is negotiating behind the scenes to bin / replace and doesn’t want Stowell to take temp charge.

will be v interesting to see it top is there in the front seat on Saturday 

Of course a defeat will be ‘toxic’ but we are supporting the team and if we somehow manage to win then the atmosphere will be decent and the owner will see that rather than the toxicity 

between a rock and a hard place 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Nothing is gained by it except digging an ever-deeper hole for the new skipper to dig out of to keep us in the PL.  The fact that this is even still a conversation is an indictment of our decision-making structure, organization-wide.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

will be v interesting to see it top is there in the front seat on Saturday 

Of course a defeat will be ‘toxic’ but we are supporting the team and if we somehow manage to win then the atmosphere will be decent and the owner will see that rather than the toxicity 

between a rock and a hard place 

Exactly, I can see us getting some form of result against Villa and the can is kicked down the road.

less confident about Spurs and if we lose to the tree botherers then toxicity would be off the scale.

BR has a near impossible job to turn around the problems he has mostly created.

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Nothing is gained by it except digging an ever-deeper hole for the new skipper to dig out of to keep us in the PL.  The fact that this is even still a conversation is an indictment of our decision-making structure, organization-wide.

The possibility of Brighton or Villa taking him off our hands, saving us a fortune in the process, must be weighing on the board’s mind. The team needs to find a way of winning on Saturday that finishes off  Gerrard but isn’t enough to save Rodgers. It’s a tightrope, Spud.

If he stays for the next two games and will fail to pick up 3pts, then we are as good as gone. We cannot fail against Villa.  The PC today will be very interesting.   Wait for the ‘I am here until I am told otherwise’ comment.  I reckon Ric Flair will get two barrels as will FT.

12 minutes ago, shiv said:

Jason Bourne saying Rodgers is scheduled to take the press conference today.

OMG. Let’s see what inspirational masterpiece he comes up with today. I presume he spent most of yesterday crying in the seagrave toilets because his Chelsea call never came. 

Maybe the press will grow some balls and actually give him a suitable grilling. It’s no less than he deserves, but I don’t see it happening. 

Edited by Chelmofox

It would be hilarious if he spends the entire press conference applying for the Chelsea job. 

Setting out how he would line up with the current Chelsea players. What system to play, etc. 

Absolutely no point to discuss Leicester anymore. The fact he is still taking the press conference shows how embarrassing we really are. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shiv said:

Jason Bourne saying Rodgers is scheduled to take the press conference today.

22 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Yep, he’s not going anywhere… unbelievable 

22 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What a shitshow, get the bastard gone. 

I thought we knew this earlier this week. Think it was @Chocolate Teapot that said on Monday or Tuesday that he's planned to take the conference.