Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

There’s some brilliant ones here. 

On a Rangers fan approaching him while he was stuck in traffic: “He said: ‘I just wanted to say thank you for coming up to Scottish football. I’m a Rangers supporter but you are a breath of fresh air up here’.”

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study and that’s been my biggest influence.”

https://www.football365.com/news/outstanding-brendan-rodgers-top-20-quotes

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I don't accept that view. I've seen enough "snippets" from previously reliable ITKs on here to believe that the wheels are in motion to get rid of Rodgers but also that things are not straightforward, probably due to a combination of his sizeable severance payment and the availability of viable alternatives. I think it is only a matter of time, I just hope it comes quickly enough to give the new manager time to turn things around.

Ok lets put this often quoted reason for him not being sacked into context,  the figure most often used is £10 million, the weekly wage bill is £2 million, so his severance payment which posters say we cant afford is 5 weeks staff wages!

His severance package is 10% of our yearly WAGE bill, our turnover is massively more than this!

A new manager would most likely be paid circa £3 million per year so a massive saving there too.

And relegation? God alone knows the cost of that!  100 - 200 million?

All this is why l think Top still believes he is the man for the job and his sacking is not being considered.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, J. James said:

This is a totally valid question,  it was Vichai who set up and made KP the billion pound business it is, he who reinvigorated us and gave us our amazing triumph.

Top is not Vichai and does not have the same business acumen (maybe more or less) and it is entirely possible that he is simply a very generous and lovely person but not good as a businessman.

Personally l dont know so my opinion is worthless - but the question is as l say a valid one.

Why would Top not be a good businessman? He must have worked with his dad for a long while, admittedly that doesn't make him as good as his dad was. I just think he might have delegated a bit too much and not to good people on the board and the fact that Bodgers hasn't gone already must be down to financial issues that Bournemouth and Chelsea haven't got. The only trouble with that is the longer results go against you, the worse the situation (in league terms) gets and if relegated then even worse than firing the guy. How this farcical situation resolves itself, we will have to wait and see, but poor communication to the fans about this will eventually turn them against themselves.

9 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

How are we so skint?! Clubs up and down the country have been spending fortunes and have been through the pandemic and yet we’re in a position where we can’t afford to sack this incompetent twat

...we are not skint, the money is there, we just have what may just be, a power situation at the moment!!!

Imagine if Top was so affronted by Rodgers in regards to his remarks about the ambition of the club, the board, and the players under his charge. What if Top adamantly refused to pay anything to Rodgers, not a single penny for him to go, and Rodgers is insisting that he will not leave without a fistful of pound notes in his pockets? How would that look!!!

It would look pretty much exactly as we are viewing at the moment, poor performances and even poorer results do not matter for both parties trapped in this death match. Top is hoping, that a post becomes available for Rodgers to apply for, or for Rodgers to quit, Rodgers, on the other hand, is going to pass up opportunities in order to get the upper hand, the only ones losing out are us (the fanbase) and the club itself.

If we do have these two wills locked in moral and principled combat, how do we break the spell, how do we stop any further damage to our image and possible erosion of the fanbase?

Arbitration would be the only way out and both parties are not going to get all they wanted, but we might just end up there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

There’s some brilliant ones here. 

On a Rangers fan approaching him while he was stuck in traffic: “He said: ‘I just wanted to say thank you for coming up to Scottish football. I’m a Rangers supporter but you are a breath of fresh air up here’.”

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study and that’s been my biggest influence.”

https://www.football365.com/news/outstanding-brendan-rodgers-top-20-quotes

“If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league.” - Brendan Rodgers

£220mil later and we’re bottom. :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Why would Top not be a good businessman? He must have worked with his dad for a long while, admittedly that doesn't make him as good as his dad was. I just think he might have delegated a bit too much and not to good people on the board and the fact that Bodgers hasn't gone already must be down to financial issues that Bournemouth and Chelsea haven't got. The only trouble with that is the longer results go against you, the worse the situation (in league terms) gets and if relegated then even worse than firing the guy. How this farcical situation resolves itself, we will have to wait and see, but poor communication to the fans about this will eventually turn them against themselves.

Insight is not the same as expertise

There is no way we can form a definitive opinion, and of course, on a football forum we come to conclusions through the lens of that footballs club wellbeing

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think that's a bit premature.We could well be four or five adrift which makes it a bigger challenge. We have the players to turn this around but not playing the idiot high line system. Rodgers typically is too stubborn to change his religion so we need to find a manager who will adopt a much more pragmatic approach. 

....there is nothing wrong with the "Highline" it suits this team well!!!

It is the "possession football" that makes this team seem so risk-averse. If you take a look at the players within this team, they are a team with the mentality to go forward and impose themselves on other teams, our manager's philosophy is to make progression as slow as possible, allowing teams to reset and then trying to break them down.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Be interesting if he is challenged on his record if he can maintain his glib, patronising waffle. He hasn’t got the answers, he knows it, we know it.

get rid.

Will Owynn or Piper be there today? There's no coming back from what Piper has said, Jason Bourne has been asking him very precise and awkward questions for weeks now and I'm sure he'll be very eager to scrutinise Brendan again today.

The biggest question he needs to answer is on thr way he has ripped all confidence and morale from this team with his behaviour and comments over the last 2 months. He needs to answer what he thinks has caused this crisis from the players and whether his actions have had any impact.

The response to that would either be sheer delusion by not admitting any culpability or finally admitting he's made huge mistakes and failures which put him in a pisutoon of admitting he deserves to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Insight is not the same as expertise

There is no way we can form a definitive opinion, and of course, on a football forum we come to conclusions through the lens of that footballs club wellbeing

True, just disappointed that we are where we are on this situation. We are totally tarnishing our legacy of recent years. Of course no team/club has a right to be in the league they're in due to our pyramid system but for no action to be taken yet for our abject performances on the pitch gives me grave concerns for the club as a whole.

Totally ridiculous that Rodgers is still at the club and will be presiding over a press conference with his future supposedly up in the air, he's bound to know what is going on at the club, we're looking like an absolute shambles - lets see if the media ask him any interesting questions, his response to Tuchel sacking could be interesting.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there is nothing wrong with the "Highline" it suits this team well!!!

It is the "possession football" that makes this team seem so risk-averse. If you take a look at the players within this team, they are a team with the mentality to go forward and impose themselves on other teams, our manager's philosophy is to make progression as slow as possible, allowing teams to reset and then trying to break them down.

Boring football wins matches. You can enjoy yourself in your own time. #fearless

• Haha 1