Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, shiv said:

Still doesn’t address the issue of them getting through on our left hand side :dunno:

Albrighton should've come on the left to sure things up on that side + the extra midfielder means one can support out wide without leaving a gap in the middle. The reality is if you play two up top with 2 attacking wingers who don't track back you'll get dominated. 

Wrong subs today (how often do we say it?). Admittedly it’s easy to say in hindsight but they were clearly getting on top and it was crying out for a change of shape to sure it up. Soumare should have been in addition to Hamza, not instead of. Moving to a 5 at the back would have helped with us getting doubled up on out wide. 

That being said, there are positives:

- We started well for the first time in ages and it didn’t take us going a goal down to attack

- Lookman looked dangerous and has the workrate and defensive awareness to mean Perez shouldn’t be getting a look in anytime soon

- We seemed to be playing it forward a lot quicker (rather than pointless passing around the back)

33 minutes ago, Dusty said:

At the same time tho, we have over performed for the last 2 years as well. We’re definitely in a bad patch of form but that doesn’t mean he should go. 

Look at Liverpool last season, they were far worse than we are now and for much much longer. It was have been suicide for them to sack klopp. We have to stick with Rodgers for now, if it continues then ofc we can question him, but there’s only so much he can do when 3 of the back 4 are injured.

Don’t talk so much sense just talk over the top nonsense instead and hyperbole rubbish 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

Well it wasn’t. We threw away a winning position and needed a striker to help swing it back our way. 

We should have made subs. Im

not saying subs in general is a bad thing. It’s the timing and the type of subs he keeps ****ing up on. 

So you wouldn’t have taken off a striker for an extra midfielder? I can’t believe anyone watching that didn’t see we needed someone extra in there. And the only options are Madders or KDH, and KDH is yet to prove he can play in the prem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I thought it was odd to play 2 in the middle of midfield when Wilf isn’t there.

im not a Hamza hater, but I don’t think he’s good enough to play in a cm pair in a tough away game. Selection was poor today 

We've been poor with a middle 3. We need that 10 to link midfield and attack. 

Just now, foxoffderby said:

Im bored with BR regarding Madders has his plan A and plan B whatever the situation. He should of got rid in the summer. Wants to be Grealish. 

It amazes me that people genuinely hate Maddison, as if he’s personally insulted them. Who is our most creative player over the last 3 years? Drop the personal agenda and just hope he gets back to full fitness and form asap.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

But Vards cant make the ball stick. He never has done. 

We were 2-0 up and being overrun in midfield. 

Vards should've been hooked for an extra midfielder.  Kel up front to buy fouls. Ditto Madders for Barnes. How the fck have we lost the ability to manage the game?

I agree with you here, this is the change I would have made too, Soumare for Vardy.

But today despite feeling that was a better change, at the end of the day it was the players not turning up that cost us 3 points today rather than the manager. The way we played today didn't look like a Brendan Rodgers team, and that's probably what will disappoint him the most. Passive play, lack of aggression, poor passing, etc. We were 2-0 up and all we had to do was draw the second 45 to come away with three points, but we were atrocious at the back.

The big problem right now is I don't see how things change, unless someone magically plays themselves back into top form. This is a poor start to the season and yet we still have the top scorer in the league! It's down to the players themselves to pick themselves up and play for the manager.

Otherwise this has the 16/17 season feel to it where things spiral out of control until a new manager has to come in to get the bounce effect. I really hope it does not come to that because I think Rodgers is a great manager, one of the best we've ever had.

For me the thing we've lacked is a player that can grab the game and team by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going well and either get us through it or make something happen out of nothing. Kante and Mahrez were those players for me, which is they the best we've ever been is when we had those two and Vardy.

4 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

Im bored with BR regarding Madders as his plan A and plan B whatever the situation. He should of got rid in the summer. Wants to be Grealish. 

So the idea is just to freeze him out? 

That wouldn't be very good management... 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

It amazes me that people genuinely hate Maddison, as if he’s personally insulted them. Who is our most creative player over the last 3 years? Drop the personal agenda and just hope he gets back to full fitness and form asap.

The he should act like a professional not a wanna be pop star

4 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

Im bored with BR regarding Madders as his plan A and plan B whatever the situation. He should of got rid in the summer. Wants to be Grealish. 

Wants to be a 100 million pound player? Is that a bad thing? 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

For me the thing we've lacked is a player that can grab the game and team by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going well and either get us through it or make something happen out of nothing. Kante and Mahrez were those players for me, which is they the best we've ever been is when we had those two and Vardy.

Soumare will be that player in good time, when he's settled. He did it for Lille so many times. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

People have a right to be upset and frustrated by recent performances. I certainly am. Defensively we’ve been awful and some of the decision making from BR has been very strange.

But if last year has taught us anything it should be that no matter the attacking prowess, defensive problems can massively affect the whole team and the mentality. Look at Liverpool. 

People have a right to be frustrated but let’s face it, losing Evans and Fofana has hurt us big time. Brendan can turn this around but realistically it’s going to be difficult whilst those two are out. 

To those that want him gone, who do you realistically think we can get in that is better? 

Agree. But I think questions have to be raised (even by the commentators today) why Kel has been frozen out . Why ricardo and castagne can't play together. Why Wilf played at Millwall. Why Mendy wasn't selected for the PL squad. Why Perez appears to have preferential  treatment etc etc

13 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Wrong subs today (how often do we say it?). Admittedly it’s easy to say in hindsight but they were clearly getting on top and it was crying out for a change of shape to sure it up. Soumare should have been in addition to Hamza, not instead of. Moving to a 5 at the back would have helped with us getting doubled up on out wide. 

That being said, there are positives:

- We started well for the first time in ages and it didn’t take us going a goal down to attack

- Lookman looked dangerous and has the workrate and defensive awareness to mean Perez shouldn’t be getting a look in anytime soon

- We seemed to be playing it forward a lot quicker (rather than pointless passing around the back)

We were battered for the opening 30 minutes. The goal came from nothing thanks to Kel's pressure. 

From the post match interview. Fair play to him, I think it's a good assessment of the game. He's not got the blinkers on yet:

"It [the result] is disappointing. I thought we went in front against the run of play. I didn't think we played so well, but we always look like a threat when we're on the attack.

"We scored very good goals, but throughout the game, we didn't look solid defensively in the final 25 yards of the pitch. With the international breaks, that's something that gives us chance to reflect and assess where we can be better in that aspect in our game.

"We're quite a way [from fixing defensive issues] if you look at today from a team that has been defensively good and strong, but today we had poor positioning in the box. They then finished the chances.

"With the ball, we made too many mistakes, losing possession. But what I will say, it's been a tough September period and the players have dug in. We've clearly got talent in the squad, but we need to improve with and without the ball.

"It's a confidence game and, quickly, it can change. Fundamentally, in order for us to create and be really strong with the ball and attack-minded, we need to be strong defensively, and I think it's an area we need to be better in.

"We can reflect on it from the last month or so and we hopefully can be better when we get back."

• Like 2

Some say this is relegation form and there’s nothing good about this but I disagree.

• No one can accuse us of forgetting where we’re from when we’re going back
  • More likely to see Pearson back
  • A better pathway from the u23s to the first team
  • Once our injuries clear up we’ll made a tonne of money on the transfer market
  • The They Used to Play for Us thread will have a better quality of player
  • Increased likelihood of East Midlands derbies
  • A bigger stadium for aforementioned derbies
  • Best training complex in the league
  • We could tempt Tavares back with first team assurances
  • Return to our traditional roots
  • Unlikely to see glory hunters infiltrate our ranks
  • Can protest about the Champions League by not being good enough for the Champions League
  • Non ironic cheers of “We’re staying up”

And that’s just off the top of my head. It'll be fine. If you stop wanting us to be good you can actually enjoy this period.

Edited by Foxxed
I thought of some more
  • Haha 4

Just now, Dusty said:

Didn’t grealish go on stage with stormzy at Leeds festival? Having a personal life doesn’t make you a bad footballer

Grealish can get away with it because he was outstanding for Villa last year and got a move to Man City. Madders just thinks hes a superstar. 

Starting line up was probably what we all wanted thinking about who was available. However,  subs were wrong. Lucky 2-0 up, he should have put Soumare for Nacho and shored up a midfield and defence that was going wrong. But he went like for like. Poor game management. 

Hopefully during the break he can huddle with his team and figure this out. Glad we have some easy games coming up…. Oh. 

14 minutes ago, Dusty said:

So you wouldn’t have taken off a striker for an extra midfielder? I can’t believe anyone watching that didn’t see we needed someone extra in there. And the only options are Madders or KDH, and KDH is yet to prove he can play in the prem. 

I’ve not said that. 
My issue is taking Hamza off for another midfielder, rather than taking Barnes off for another body in midfield. They were overrunning us for large parts. And for me, you can’t take off Kelechi in the form he’s been in, neither can you take Vardy off. So it has to be one of the wide men I.e Barnes. 

Read what I’m saying. It’s Brendan’s style of subs at critical points which has cost us. 
Think about that and you’ll understand where I’m at. 

• Like 1