Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Ok, you've just set out a few of the classic reasons that businesses fail!

1.Delegating too much to the wrong people.

2. Poor communication

3. Poor cash flow due to unknown reasons probably over/poorly timed investment and unforseen events (KP downturn due to covid)

4. Delay/inability to make difficult decisions.

The points you make are valid but if true they do not indicate a good businessman in fact quite the opposite.

Vichai was criticised by many for his swift disposal of Ranieri but his decision was that of a man used to making tough and decisive business decisions, and taken in the best interests of LCFC.

Ps. I can tell you from personal experience that working with a father who is a successful businessman is absolutely no guarantee of the future success of an offspring, in many cases being brought up in a wealthy household has quite the reverse effect.

Since Top took over we have finished 5th, 5th and 8th and won the FA Cup suggesting that Top is useless when he has been in charge and precided over this success is just plain wrong. 

Yes we are going through a tough time at the moment but every club does at some point no matter how well run they are circumstances come about that cause problems. 

The big question is how he gets us out of this situation. If he does then it shows that he is perfectly cabable and knows exactly what he is doing which I'm sure he will and does. If he doesn't then is the time to critisise at the moment there has been no proof that anything they have does is wrong. The people turning on the board need to get a grip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

We played such great, high-intensity football when Rodgers took over, then he admitted he toned it down when we had to cope with European football added to the schedule. Maybe he forgot to turn the dials back up to ten. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Eskay said:

So looks like he's the boss for another week at least. The question on my mind is the social media black out from the players........is it that they're embarrassed and just wanting to get heads down in training..........OR told the club to go **** themselves when it comes to posting generic shit 'thanks for the support' captions? 

...I suspect the Tuchel and subsequent Potter situation scuppered the club's plans!!!

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Since Top took over we have finished 5th, 5th and 8th and won the FA Cup suggesting that Top is useless when he has been in charge and precided over this success is just plain wrong. 

Yes we are going through a tough time at the moment but every club does at some point no matter how well run they are circumstances come about that cause problems. 

The big question is how he gets us out of this situation. If he does then it shows that he is perfectly cabable and knows exactly what he is doing which I'm sure he will and does. If he doesn't then is the time to critisise at the moment there has been no proof that anything they have does is wrong. The people turning on the board need to get a grip

Errr, excuse me for interrupting your flight of fancy, if you take the trouble to read the whole conversation you will see that l take the trouble to point out that l am NOT saying he is either good, bad or indifferent!

Try a little less reactionary aggression and more reading buddy.

In a usual season I'd expect the squad to be picking up 12/18 minimum from the next 6 games. If we win on Saturday and the crowd are clapping along like mindless idiots and it prolongs that. I very much doubt we'll pick anywhere as many points up from some very favourable fixtures.

I'm down for backing one more loss which hopefully generates a lot of vitriol. Surely it'll be enough to pull the plug. If it's not then pressure really needs to be cranked up massively on the execs and board.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Something went wrong for us to be financially crippled?

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fvck me we're actually getting relegated aren't we. When was the last time one of these types of stats came out and we weren't bottom? 

We are consistently at the bottom of these or not even on it at all - when it comes to the individual stats (most pressures, dribble success rate, duals won etc.) we're lucky if we've even got one player on them. I know stats can be misleading but in this instance they feel pretty accurate. 

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In a usual season I'd expect the squad to be picking up 12/18 minimum from the next 6 games. If we win on Saturday and the crowd are clapping along like mindless idiots and it prolongs that. I very much doubt we'll pick anywhere as many points up from some very favourable fixtures.

I'm down for backing one more loss which hopefully generates a lot of vitriol. Surely it'll be enough to pull the plug. If it's not then pressure really needs to be cranked up massively on the execs and board.

If you can guarantee me he goes after Saturday with a defeat then where do I sign. Might stand a chance of a result vs Spurs as well if that's the case. If he stays it could be double figures.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

This could turn quite nasty if we don't win at the weekend, fortunately Whelan et al have never been in a position where the fans turn against them, I can only assume they're underestimating the fans reaction and the situation as a whole.

I don’t think the board have underestimated things. It will cost a lot of money to sack Brendan, so they’re probably hiding their time and thinking of a contingency plan. 

However, there’s a shred of hope Brighton may come in for him. He would be up for the gig I think, and I think he’s a manager Brighton would be interested in. I think the board have decided he is going, it’s just a case of when. We’ve scuppered ourselves somewhat with the ludicrous contract we gave him, but there’s no way they’re all sitting pretty…

9 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Might be the worldwide pandemic + competing at a top level + investing in the stadium and training ground...dunno though. 

Yeah, King Power are Duty Free Shops mainly at Airports so the Pandemic curtailed travel for quite a while, plus being based in Thailand meant they probably had stricter restrictions.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If you can guarantee me he goes after Saturday with a defeat then where do I sign. Might stand a chance of a result vs Spurs as well if that's the case. If he stays it could be double figures.

This is the question isn't it.  I was delighted he chose that team against Brighton as it basically guaranteed we would be walloped and that was going to be the back of him. 

How much does it take? Villa will never batter us at our gaff, so if the game is close, maybe the match going fans won't be voicing much disapproval and it just goes on.

I don't know at this point mate. I can't even back myself to back the man though, he's despicable. I swear the only games I've actively wanted us to win since March 2021 are Newcastle at home (lost 4-2 to Steve Bruce), Spurs at home (Lost 3-2 against a team with nothing to play for) and the FA Cup.

I really want to get back to wanting my team to win, but I just don't feel it at all while Rodgers is in charge lol