Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

. I swear the only games I've actively wanted us to win since March 2021 are Newcastle at home (lost 4-2 to Steve Bruce), Spurs at home (Lost 3-2 against a team with nothing to play for) and the FA Cup.

That is really, really weird

• Like 1

He has no doubts the results will improve. Safe comment actually as getting worse than 2-5 against Brighton would be an achievement for him.

Edited by mozartfox

Things got so toxic I really thought the wheels would have been greased and we'd have been ready to get rid after Brighton. I suppose I am choosing to see a positive side in this - in that maybe we want to have somebody lined up and ready to go. That is a different process for us than it is for someone like Chelsea who can throw the money at whoever they want to get in for the job, which might explain the slow moving.

However, we are in the very real situation of being cut adrift at the bottom. Getting to the point where a win wouldn't even see us move up a place if things go badly at the weekend. I think there are a couple of positives still though:

1. I do believe there is a lot of quality in the squad and so even with 8 fewer games we should have enough under a new manager - though it will be tight.

2. A break for internationals is a nice point to get a new man in, and we have more games post Christmas this year - so there is time to implement a philosophy and style. Again I think this will benefit teams who have got off to a poor start. 

It's going to look pretty bleak by that international break though. The best situation would be 4 points from 8 I think and you never know how the squad will react when they need to dig in and fight.

Ever thought about walking away?

“No.”

Conversations with hierarchy?

“Been very supportive. I’m not daft. I understand football. It’s not been a great start at all. Their support shows the level of work that has gone on, and an appreciation of the difficulties of the summer. It’s my responsibility to help improve the results.”

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as a severance that has been agreed by both parties, the £10m needs to be paid, along with the contracts of his other staff, who have been asked to leave!!!

Fair enough.

I was under the impression that we would only pay him until he found another team/job. I didn't think we paid him and his new team did as well.

That's why I thought it was called 'gardening leave'.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ever thought about walking away?

“No.”

Conversations with hierarchy?

“Been very supportive. I’m not daft. I understand football. It’s not been a great start at all. Their support shows the level of work that has gone on, and an appreciation of the difficulties of the summer. It’s my responsibility to help improve the results.”

IN RODGERS WE TRUST!!!! #WEREMASSSIIVEEEEE 5-0 WIN TOMORROW. #UPTHERODGE #FUTUREISBRIGHTFUTURE IS BRENDAN

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wortho said:

Fair enough.

I was under the impression that we would only pay him until he found another team/job. I didn't think we paid him and his new team did as well.

That's why I thought it was called 'gardening leave'.

It’s a choice

gardening leave or severance.  

I’m not an employment lawyer so I don’t know if the employer can insist on one or it has to be by agreement.  I guess it will depend what’s in his existing contract 

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

IN RODGERS WE TRUST!!!! #WEREMASSSIIVEEEEE 5-0 WIN TOMORROW. #UPTHERODGE #FUTUREISBRIGHTFUTURE IS BRENDAN

Probably got more chance of winning tomorrow than we do on Saturday to be fair... 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a choice

gardening leave or severance.  

I’m not an employment lawyer so I don’t know if the employer can insist on one or it has to be by agreement.  I guess it will depend what’s in his existing contract 

Knowing Rodgers , there will be no holes in his contract. For a man with no playing career to speak of he has accumulated a great deal of money. His business acumen is very highly developed and we are going to have to suck it up and pay. Get it done - now!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as a severance that has been agreed by both parties, the £10m needs to be paid, along with the contracts of his other staff, who have been asked to leave!!!

it said on the BBC today that a severance was agreed with Tuchel he was paid 13m and his backroom staff 2m. This is one reason why we don't want to sack Dodgers and pay out 10m+ for him and his staff.