Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I expected him to do it nude to continue his push for sacking and compensation.

If you're reading this and haven't thought of it yet, just do it Brendan. Nobody will laugh and I don't need crediting for the idea.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

We are consistently at the bottom of these or not even on it at all - when it comes to the individual stats (most pressures, dribble success rate, duals won etc.) we're lucky if we've even got one player on them. I know stats can be misleading but in this instance they feel pretty accurate. 

Of course stats aren't the be all and end all but when you're bottom of nearly all of them then it's pretty good indication of us being shit.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This is the question isn't it.  I was delighted he chose that team against Brighton as it basically guaranteed we would be walloped and that was going to be the back of him. 

How much does it take? Villa will never batter us at our gaff, so if the game is close, maybe the match going fans won't be voicing much disapproval and it just goes on.

I don't know at this point mate. I can't even back myself to back the man though, he's despicable. I swear the only games I've actively wanted us to win since March 2021 are Newcastle at home (lost 4-2 to Steve Bruce), Spurs at home (Lost 3-2 against a team with nothing to play for) and the FA Cup.

I really want to get back to wanting my team to win, but I just don't feel it at all while Rodgers is in charge lol

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2289789/leicester-0-aston-villa-5

Just now, Wortho said:

Fair enough.

I was under the impression that we would only pay him until he found another team/job. I didn't think we paid him and his new team did as well.

That's why I thought it was called 'gardening leave'.

....two different scenarios...!!!

The first one is an agreed severance, we pay him a lump sum and he goes and it is all over. The other is "Garden Leave" , where he is no longer in the role, but we continue to pay him as if he was still in the manager's position. We get someone in either temporarily and we pay them a fee to manage the team. We are then paying two wages at the same time for the one role (Manager). Should he (Rodgers) take up a position with another club after say 3 months, Leicester I believe, would be entitled to a compensation payment from the club seeking to employ Rodgers. These situations do have a habit of ending up in court. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The “Hierarchy have been very supportive” comment is frightening. The board is lost and I have little faith in it. 

What do you expect him to say "the e told me I'm only still here because I would cost so much to sack and if I don't beat villa they are going to sack me anyway" of course he's not going to say that

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The “Hierarchy have been very supportive” comment is frightening. The board is lost and I have little faith in it. 

Well I suppose even if they hadn’t and they’ve told him he’s running out of time, he’s not going to come out and say it in a press conference. He’s on borrowed time with a fair percentage of the fans on his case now

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

... What do you expect him to say? "Yeah, Top is on the phone daily telling me I'm about to be sacked." 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, djskydiver said:

Potter to be announced as the next Chelsea manager within 24 hours. Feels like we've missed a good opportunity by not sacking Rodgers off earlier. 

I think the reported 23 million pounds compensation Chelsea are paying Brighton would have been a bit too much for us to find.

Fed up with the shit questioning from reporters.

Are we really living in a world where Klopp gets asked about his job security but everyone is scared to ask Brendan ****ing Rodgers?

Wheres the follow up questions?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If anyone's going to protest then it needs to be done at the final whistle.

**** Rodgers but the lads need our support for 90 minutes because there's a genuine concern we're gonna go down.

Also, if we get behind the team and do our bit, it removes another excuse for Rodgers if we lose. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Try to avoid the match thread on here then , everyone of our players is rubbished on that.

I mean in the ground. If we urn the place toxic during the game, Rodgers will use that as an excuse. Whereas if the atmosphere is decent and we lose, he doesn't have the 'toxic atmosphere is making it harder for the players' excuse. 

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fed up with the shit questioning from reporters.

Are we really living in a world where Klopp gets asked about his job security but everyone is scared to ask Brendan ****ing Rodgers?

Wheres the follow up questions?

Thought Bourne did a good job personally. 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Please please please protest! We need to up the pressure, everything about this club is too nicey nice 

foxestalk makes fun of clappers while these fanbase is probably one of the worst when it comes to actually address people who are in charge.

Any other club's fanbase would put owners in mud if they had same situation 

Couldn't the club get rid of BR's coaching assistants Chris Davies, Kolo Toure and Glen Driscoll as a first step towards making him feel completely unwelcome? Basically undermine his position internally, as a way of getting him out of his comfort zone. Control freaks hate to think that they're not completely in charge of everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1