Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, J. James said:

Potter appointed then,  I'm surprised he went for it,  wonder what time assurances he's been given?

Well if he is sacked he will be sure to get a nice payout and still be in demand, he will get another PL job for certain. It isn’t as high risk as some suggest 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Doesn’t realise he’s “ruffled any feathers” with his comments?

Yeah right, Brendan - either cut the crap or get out of your protective bubble. One or the other. Or preferably both.

Hats off to Jason Bourne for the inquisition but why not go further and challenge him about his tactics, selections, substitutions - basically all the decisions he, and he alone, has made which have bombed… and brought us a measly one point this season? Maybe next time, eh?

Though if we lose to Villa, there surely won’t be a next time…

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Yeah right, Brendan - either cut the crap or get out of your protective bubble. One or the other. Or preferably both.

Hats off to Jason Bourne for the inquisition but why not go further and challenge him about his tactics, selections, substitutions - basically all the decisions he, and he alone, has made which have bombed… and brought us a measly one point this season? Maybe next time, eh?

One can only hope.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Just got to that part. He surely can't believe that.

He still managed to indirectly call out the fans for a lack of support again. Cretin.

46 minutes ago, foxsake said:

Anyone who thinks Bourne didn't show BR up there wasn't paying attention. Well done Agent Bourne!

I’d slagged off the reporters going of written quotes.

Having seen the video I apologise to Jason Bourne, he was quality.

However I’ll ask the question I asked before are we really living in a world where Parker’s been sacked (given his run - we know he was sacked because of his comments but do they differ from Rodgers’ comments?), Tuchel been sacked and Klopp is being asked about his job security but no one dares to ask Brendan ****ing Rodgers outright?

Has no one posed the question directly about his comments saying the fans are nervous which makes the players nervous - does he not look deeper and think it might be ‘his football, his philosophy’ why people might be pissed off?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

but no one dares to ask Brendan ****ing Rodgers outright?

Has no one posed the question directly about his comments saying the fans are nervous which makes the players nervous - does he not look deeper and think it might be ‘his football, his philosophy’ why people might be pissed off?

Bourne did ask as much on all counts. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d slagged off the reporters going of written quotes.

Having seen the video I apologise to Jason Bourne, he was quality.

However I’ll ask the question I asked before are we really living in a world where Parker’s been sacked (given his run - we know he was sacked because of his comments but do they differ from Rodgers’ comments?), Tuchel been sacked and Klopp is being asked about his job security but no one dares to ask Brendan ****ing Rodgers outright?

True enough, it's unbelievable he's still in the job for that question to be considered but Klopp and Tuchel are elite managers though so maybe there are higher stakes and risks involved? I guess you only have limited time to ask questions in a press conference and the prospect of being sacked and the subtext of not walking away because of his huge salary was implicit in Bourne's line of questioning. Much better to bring up his disrespect towards the club, players, fans etc. and as JakeMoore pointed out, BR failed to address that even though JB brought it up. He just puffed himself up with his answers. I liked JB's fiery little darts that clearly punctured his ego, if only a little.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

He does have a point about the support. The atmosphere at KP is like a morgue

No he doesn't. Everyone says that about the atmosphere at their team's home grounds and whilst it's not as good as it has been, it's far from the worst around.

Besides, he's talking about making the players nervous at Brighton, when quite frankly, they were getting more support than they deserve at the moment. It's a complete no-no as a manager to criticise the fans (especially at an away game) when they're paying through the nose to watch, especially when the manager is making mistake after mistake.

Maybe you're ok with that, but after paying hard earned money to watch that clown ruin any chance of a result on Sunday, there's no way I'm going to sit here and accept that he'd speak about us like that.