Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

48 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Brendan could have apologised when Jason Bourne pointed out that he had pissed us off. He didn’t. 

Would it have made any difference to my fellow city fans had he chosen to apologise?

Not particularly.

The damage has been done, bridges have been burnt, my main issues has been withstanding for around 2+ years give or take and that is his turgid style and philosophy which he’s never changing.

However, would it give us less bullets to fire? Less ammo against him? Sure it would, so whilst it’d have made little difference, it’d have been within his best interests, as I say damage done, bridges burnt.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest StevieLynex
50 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

He does have a point about the support. The atmosphere at KP is like a morgue

Not surprising, given that he is the undertaker

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well if he is sacked he will be sure to get a nice payout and still be in demand, he will get another PL job for certain. It isn’t as high risk as some suggest 

So we might get him when we sack BR after all! 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the weekend sports fixtures will be postponed, in which case the Queen may have bought Brendan another week.

Possibly games postponed next weekend as well, as the funeral should be in 10 days from today.

Top is also very close to the Royal Family, often playing polo alongside them - sacking Rodgers is likely going to be far from his mind for the next couple of weeks at least. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

skip to 8:20 to hear Jason Bourne hammer him.

The guy after Bourne was ok as well, Rodgers looked increasing uncomfortable as it went on.

Of course the BBC article skipped over most of this seemingly not willing to put him under pressure.

Rodgers asked why he thinks we top of the table for losing after taking the lead, the answer "I dont know".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

An extended break in these unfortunate times of the death of the Queen might be in a bizarre way the trigger we need to boot the dwarf out! We can have a mini preseason with a new gaffer before Forest away. 

More likely he stays in a job if games are postponed and gets the forest game. Which also means an opportunity for an international break with a new manager will be missed. 

1 minute ago, Guppy said:

More likely he stays in a job if games are postponed and gets the forest game. Which also means an opportunity for an international break with a new manager will be missed. 

Depends how true "the support" is from the board Brendan talks about. 

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Interesting listen, thanks for sharing. Fascinating to see his change in tone. When the questioning was not directed at him personally he seemed more than happy to talk at length, then as soon as Bourne started questioning his own actions the response changed to very short closed answers.

Fair play to Jason for avoiding the easy route. Does anyone know if Talksport a partner of the PL? If so, I wonder if that has provided Bourne with a degree of protection in terms of asking some difficult questions as he knows that the club can't turn him away from future press conferences. 

I think he also gave - presumably Bourne - a piercing glancing look in the seconds after he finished his questions. Interesting…

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1