Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Percy has spoken

Don’t get too excited, it doesn’t tell us much more than the quotes we’ve heard today.

It does claim he is “under enormous pressure”, “facing a potentially make-or-break weekend” and “defeat to Steven Gerrard’s team could leave his position vulnerable”.

*Tweet has been deleted.

Link to article: 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/09/08/brendan-rodgers-pledges-fight-future-leicester-city/

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Percy has spoken

Don’t get too excited, it doesn’t tell us much more than the quotes we’ve heard today.

It does claim he is facing a ‘make-or-break weekend’.

Hopefully he has realised the job here isn’t bad and knows that getting a job like Chelsea actually requires you to be interested in the current job to the fullest. Just worried the players don’t trust him anymore, and several that I think are more than capable of doing a job have totally been ignored by him. That leaves us very short 

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hopefully he has realised the job here isn’t bad and knows that getting a job like Chelsea actually requires you to be interested in the current job to the fullest. Just worried the players don’t trust him anymore, and several that I think are more than capable of doing a job have totally been ignored by him. That leaves us very short 

Surely it is already untenable

Given its highly likely the next couple of games are going to be postponed, I wouldn’t be overly shocked if the club do relieve Rodgers of his duties. This extended time frame without games would the ideal time for a change and give the club the perfect opportunity to press the reset button, give the whole club a lift in readiness for a push to get the season back on track before the break for the World Cup.

Also and without sounding callous but if the club were to dispense of Rodgers services in the next few days, given the current events, it is highly likely to happen with minimal media coverage/attention. 

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given its highly likely the next couple of games are going to be postponed, I wouldn’t be overly shocked if the club do relieve Rodgers of his duties. This extended time frame without games would the ideal time for a change and give the club the perfect opportunity to press the reset button, give the whole club a lift in readiness for a push to get the season back on track before the break for the World Cup.

Also and without sounding callous but if the club were to dispense of Rodgers services in the next few days, given the current events, it is highly likely to happen with minimal media coverage/attention. 

It’s a great opportunity to have a new manager work with the squad for a prolonged period of time, without having any games. 

If the past week has taught us anything it’s Top & the board have a very different outlook on when the ‘right’ time to fire him is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

It’s a great opportunity to have a new manager work with the squad for a prolonged period of time, without having any games. 

If the past week has taught us anything it’s Top & the board have a very different outlook on when the ‘right’ time to fire him is. 

Or even 'if' to fire him...

19 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Can you motivate the players?

’I do my best’ 😳

I laughed at this comment when you posted it, but actually having watched the video it's such a Nigel Pearson response. The way his look drops and he stares. It's a comment I'd expect Pearson himself to make.

Bourne's questions were good, fair play to him and the best questions I've heard directed at Rodgers during this poor period, but it felt like I was watching Pat Murphy grill Pearson again. I don't think I've seen such a City press conference like that again until this one.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Rodgers body language and demeanour in the press conference is that of a man clearly feeling the pressure, he looks stressed and uncomfortable and was clearly rattled by Jason Bourne's questioning, I think he realizes he needs to beat Aston Villa or it's the sack.

I definitely think he was rattled by some of the questions but I felt it was more because he likes to be in control and setting the narrative for a press conference rather than be cornered with questions. Good on JB for asking questions the rest of the media haven't even thought of asking.

One thing I have felt from his press conferences and interviews the last couple of weeks is he doesn't look under any real strain or pressure at all. It's almost like he knows at this point he either starts winning games and he's a hero again or he gets sacked and takes a huge payout. It's almost win win for him now and he doesn't look arsed.

• Like 1

It is possible that our next game will be against Forest. If that is the case, what better time to sack him than now? Give the new manager a couple of weeks to work with the players, let the new set piece coach work with the players and most importantly, give the fans a real lift going into the game! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Spurs may also be off due to strike action on the railway. 

They surely won’t cancel because of rail strikes 

Brighton v palace was a special case because of how Brighton’s stadium works with nearly all away fans accessing the ground via train (and more importantly the enmity that exists between the clubs in the context of the above ) 

19 hours ago, mod hero said:

skip to 8:20 to hear Jason Bourne hammer him.

It was good to hear Jason asking proper questions, and to be honest, Rodgers answered them pretty well; actually took some responsibility. The least pissed off I’ve been listening to one of his press conferences in ages…