Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Some say this is relegation form and there’s nothing good about this but I disagree.

• No can accuse of forgetting where we’re from when we’re going back
  • More likely to see Pearson back
  • A better pathway from the u23s to the first team
  • Once our injuries clear up we’ll made a tonne of money on the transfer market
  • The They Used to Play for Us thread will have a better quality of player
  • Increased likelihood of East Midlands derbies
  • A bigger stadium for aforementioned derbies
  • Best training complex in the league
  • We could tempt Tavares back with first team assurances
  • Return to our traditional roots
  • Unlikely to see glory hunters infiltrate our ranks

And that’s just of the top of my head. It'll be fine.

Clearly wants to avoid the humiliation of losing to Cov in the Prem next season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

From the post match interview. Fair play to him, I think it's a good assessment of the game. He's not got the blinkers on yet:

"It [the result] is disappointing. I thought we went in front against the run of play. I didn't think we played so well, but we always look like a threat when we're on the attack.

"We scored very good goals, but throughout the game, we didn't look solid defensively in the final 25 yards of the pitch. With the international breaks, that's something that gives us chance to reflect and assess where we can be better in that aspect in our game.

"We're quite a way [from fixing defensive issues] if you look at today from a team that has been defensively good and strong, but today we had poor positioning in the box. They then finished the chances.

"With the ball, we made too many mistakes, losing possession. But what I will say, it's been a tough September period and the players have dug in. We've clearly got talent in the squad, but we need to improve with and without the ball.

"It's a confidence game and, quickly, it can change. Fundamentally, in order for us to create and be really strong with the ball and attack-minded, we need to be strong defensively, and I think it's an area we need to be better in.

"We can reflect on it from the last month or so and we hopefully can be better when we get back."

He's been reading Foxes Talk clearly but missed out the shit substitutions and the attacking threat is almost non existent. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Didn’t grealish go on stage with stormzy at Leeds festival? Having a personal life doesn’t make you a bad footballer

Agreed. This obsession with people doing things in their private lives when they're allowed to is ridiculous. And is just fuelling weird agendas. 

I fully understand his punishment for the covid party thing and that was bad. But that's in the past.

People have this weird expectation for players to be at the training ground 24/7 and not enjoy their off-football life. Very weird. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Soumare will be that player in good time, when he's settled. He did it for Lille so many times. 

Did he though? My understanding is that it was Burak Yilmaz who was their talisman and Jose Fonte who was their equivalent of Evans. Both those players are experienced pros who still had the hunger. He wasn't a mainstay in that team till about a third of the way through the season.

Soumare is a good player, but he' still a young man.

Tielemans is the one we need to be that player. But that's the weakness in his game IMO, and the teason we have him rather than one of Europe's finest. And it's clear that though he likes Leicester, he feels like it's time to move on.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Did he though? My understanding is that it was Burak Yilmaz who was their talisman and Jose Fonte who was their equivalent of Evans. Both those players are experienced pros who still had the hunger. He wasn't a mainstay in that team till about a third of the way through the season.

Tielemans is the one we need to be that player. But that's the weakness in his game IMO, and the teason we have him rather than one of Europe's finest. And it's clear that though he likes Leicester, he feels like it's time to move on.

Yilmaz and Fonte may be experienced but that's not to say Soumare didn't do anything? 

I understand Soumare is young, but I think there's a reason we paid for him and wanted him. Hence in good time he'll come good and be a pivotal player. 

Tielemans is the player we need him to be but in any case, we need the whole team to pull the finger out let alone just needing to rely on individuals. 

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I’ve not said that. 
My issue is taking Hamza off for another midfielder, rather than taking Barnes off for another body in midfield. They were overrunning us for large parts. And for me, you can’t take off Kelechi in the form he’s been in, neither can you take Vardy off. So it has to be one of the wide men I.e Barnes. 

Read what I’m saying. It’s Brendan’s style of subs at critical points which has cost us. 
Think about that and you’ll understand where I’m at. 

I’m not sure Bertrand was playing well enough to be able to take the RW and RB at the same time was he? One of the strikers should have come off today 1000%, wouldn’t have made much of a difference if it was vards or kel. 

Hamza hasn’t played a full 90 in how long? No chance he was going to today. If we left him on and he got injured everyone would have had a go at Rodgers for getting players injured again.

Just now, Dusty said:

I’m not sure Bertrand was playing well enough to be able to take the RW and RB at the same time was he? One of the strikers should have come off today 1000%, wouldn’t have made much of a difference if it was vards or kel. 

Hamza hasn’t played a full 90 in how long? No chance he was going to today. If we left him on and he got injured everyone would have had a go at Rodgers for getting players injured again.

Bertrand shouldn’t be starting.
But that’s another matter entirely. 

No problem taking a striker off, but (A) not for an out of form Maddison and (B) when we know they’re overrunning the midfield and look guaranteed to score. 

He should have taken Barnes off, thrown in KDH to help pack the midfield and told Lookman to drift in behind Vards and Kel. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yilmaz and Fonte may be experienced but that's not to say Soumare didn't do anything? 

I understand Soumare is young, but I think there's a reason we paid for him and wanted him. Hence in good time he'll come good and be a pivotal player. 

Tielemans is the player we need him to be but in any case, we need the whole team to pull the finger out let alone just needing to rely on individuals. 

I'm saying Soumare isn't the type of player that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn a bad performance into a good one. Think Roy Keane away to Juventus in 99, etc.

The reason we have a soft underbelly is because we don't have a player like that. Maybe Vardy to some extent, but he doesn't get many touches of the ball. Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans have the skillset but they not the mentality. Imagine if any 3 of those had the mindset of Jordan Henderson for example.

Just now, ozvaldo said:

Bertrand shouldn’t be starting.
But that’s another matter entirely. 

No problem taking a striker off, but (A) not for an out of form Maddison and (B) when we know they’re overrunning the midfield and look guaranteed to score. 

He should have taken Barnes off, thrown in KDH to help pack the midfield and told Lookman to drift in behind Vards and Kel. 

Bertrand has been terrible, I agree there. 

Not being funny but our entire team apart from Vards and Kel are out of form, it would be hard to make a sub that isn’t an out of form player. As I said previously too, I’ve not seen yet that KDH would have added anything better than Madders would have.

Soumare is not the issue at all can’t understand him getting any stick really he’s just arrived. However I’d sooner see Thomas start ahead of Ryan and we have to Pereria on the pitch. Taking nacho off and Hamza was a mistake they were both doing ok. Identical to the Napoli draw bad subs again. 

• Like 2

What makes Rogers a top class manager?

Kept Watford in the championship left to go to reading. 

Went to reading. Sacked by reading by Xmas.

Went to Swansea and guided them to the prem via play off's.

Went to Liverpool 2012 to 2016 winning nothing ( came 2nd from a winning position)

Went to Celtic after being sacked by Liverpool and won a lot of trophy's playing in a  league with hardly any opposition.

Came to Leicester and we started playing great football. but finished 5th twice from great champion league positions.

Yes we won the fa cup and charity shield ( by luck rather than fantastic play).

He has managed 6 teams in 13 years and only things he,s won is at the end of last season.

4 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

What makes Rogers a top class manager?

Kept Watford in the championship left to go to reading. 

Went to reading. Sacked by reading by Xmas.

Went to Swansea and guided them to the prem via play off's.

Went to Liverpool 2012 to 2016 winning nothing ( came 2nd from a winning position)

Went to Celtic after being sacked by Liverpool and won a lot of trophy's playing in a  league with hardly any opposition.

Came to Leicester and we started playing great football. but finished 5th twice from great champion league positions.

Yes we won the fa cup and charity shield ( by luck rather than fantastic play).

He has managed 6 teams in 13 years and only things he,s won is at the end of last season.

Is this part of a larger work? it’s a crap stanza if so.

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Soumare had Benjamin Andre alongside him at Lille, yet another experienced player who averages highly in terms of tackles & interceptions.

That was my biggest concern when we signed Soumare, when Ndidi is out, does Soumare have the defensive qualities to step in as a replacement, Rodgers preferring to play Choudhury instead Today tells us no.

• Like 2

I don’t get why he took Hamza off. I understand that he hasn’t played many matches but he was brilliant today and then he goes off and we concede. I can excuse Rogers for signing Bertrand and Vestergaard. The latter was signed as disparate cover and the former was signed to bring in experience. Neither player will feature when we have a fully fit squad. But why change a winning side so early? There was so much time to hang on today without a recognised CDM on the pitch once he took Hamza off. I really don’t get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Thought Hamza was playing well, off he goes and then concede. Iheanacho playing well, off he goes and we concede. 

This is such a comical post, are you saying that Iheanacho would’ve backed up Bertrand and stopped that goal? 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

He’s not turning this around, he’s just been absolutely schooled by a Vieira and completely outfootballed by a team that had Hodgson as manager 5 months ago. We’re absolutely hopeless at the moment

He seems to have been out-thought by every other manager so far :(

• Like 1

Just now, lozzyblue fox said:

Did I once say he hasn't won anything!!

Plus on those 2 top 6 finishes we were looking at being in champions league.

But the football and his decisions were questionable.

Who was the manager when we were looking at being champions league? Do you think that was just luck and then his incompetence ruined it at the end? 

Getting 5th is an achievement for this club. 

• Like 1