Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He's not going before the next game - hope everybody has fully accepted that. 

The saving grace is bc next game will be against Forest I do think they actually may sack him with a loss.  I don't think they'd have sacked him til Forest anyway even with losses against Villa + Spurs,  So potentially 6 points more to play for.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

He's not going before the next game - hope everybody has fully accepted that. 

The saving grace is bc next game will be against Forest I do think they actually may sack him with a loss.  I don't think they'd have sacked him til Forest anyway even with losses against Villa + Spurs,  So potentially 6 points more to play for.

...why do you think they would have waited for the Forest game and not the games in between!!!

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

As a Leicester fan that lives in Nottingham, I could never find a positive in losing to Forest. 

You misunderstood me. Not somebody who wants the team to lose. I’m saying they would have given him til Forest even if he lost against Villa and Tottenham. So when we inevitably lose to Forest I actually think they may sack him and so we’ll gain the opp to actually have a chance at those 6 points from postponed games. 

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why do you think they would have waited for the Forest game and not the games in between!!!

Why would you think otherwise? What have you seen to make you think they’d sack him with a loss to Villa? 

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

You misunderstood me. Not somebody who wants the team to lose. I’m saying they would have given him til Forest even if he lost against Villa and Tottenham. So when we inevitably lose to Forest I actually think they may sack him and so we’ll gain the opp to actually have a chance at those 6 points from postponed games. 

Why would you think otherwise? What have you seen to make you think they’d sack him with a loss to Villa? 

....defeat after defeat after defeat, that was the rationale for his dismissal!!!

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Will Brighton come in for him? That’s our only saving Grace because Top and co seem to be having their heads in the sand atm!

Why would anyone want him? Apart from sitting at the bottom of the table and the relegation type form during the last few months of the previous season (the latter 3 wins a poor smokescreen), all chairman would have seen the snake 🐍 selling out our respected owners and current players. 

Probably why he's hanging on for compo. His whining gob and refusal to acknowledge his obvious mistakes, together with his questionable decision making and team selections,  doesn't exactly portray him in a good light. The new clothes of the vain Emperor are starting to be exposed for what they really are, even amongst some of his most credulous media buddies that he's clearly smarmed around for years. Chairman don't have such flimsy allegiances, they're usually money men.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Thanks 1

On 09/09/2022 at 10:40, HankMarvin said:

Potter paid 12m a year 5 year deal reported in telegraph 

That’s like £250k a week?! Wtf! No wonder managers take the job, even if he gets the sack in 12 months he is going to get paid life changing money that will help future generations in his family. Fair play to him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That’s like £250k a week?! Wtf! No wonder managers take the job, even if he gets the sack in 12 months he is going to get paid life changing money that will help future generations in his family. Fair play to him.

....more importantly, how much will it cost to terminate his contract!!!

He will have a good career at Chelsea, he has the knowledge of the game but not the experience of handling stars and their ego, so that will be his ultimate challenge. So long as he is backed in releasing certain players who do not fit into how he wishes to play, then he will be successful.

54 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

‘If you keep passing the ball around and recycling possession, the opportunities will present themselves. Don’t go long and don’t take risk, don’t get any crosses in because you lose possession. Just don’t lose possession. Please, just think about the possession, nice and juicy 70% possession. Now let’s go and bore the f**k out of everyone!!!’

This feels much more realistic lol

Are we waiting for someone to pay us for him? Is that why we’re sitting at the bottom of the table casually throwing away points? Are Brighton waiting for us to pay him off so they don’t have to pay us? Are we waiting for Villa to sack Gerrard? Does this season have a button?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Are we waiting for someone to pay us for him? Is that why we’re sitting at the bottom of the table casually throwing away points? Are Brighton waiting for us to pay him off so they don’t have to pay us? Are we waiting for Villa to sack Gerrard? Does this season have a button?

No-one's paying us for him.

I can see a situation where a team perhaps enquires about him but they'll want him cheap/if not free and we're in no position to negotiate when we clearly want rid.

Just think, if today hadn't been cancelled we'd be waiting for an announcement tonight/tomorrow right now, instead we're likely to be waiting another 3+ weeks :(:cry:

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No-one's paying us for him.

I can see a situation where a team perhaps enquires about him but they'll want him cheap/if not free and we're in no position to negotiate when we clearly want rid.

Just think, if today hadn't been cancelled we'd be waiting for an announcement tonight/tomorrow right now, instead we're likely to be waiting another 3+ weeks :(:cry:

I know. It’s torture.

If the board agreed that no one is paying us for him I don’t know what the hold up is unless we’re hoping he walks.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I know. It’s torture.

If the board agreed that no one is paying us for him I don’t know what the hold up is unless we’re hoping he walks.

...he will never walk, far too much to lose!!!

We could however significantly reduce the buy out figure for any team that comes in for him. It would save us a lot of money and we could makes a little as well.

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

As a Leicester fan that lives in Nottingham, I could never find a positive in losing to Forest. 

As a Leicester fan that lives in Leicester, I could never find a reason to live in Nottingham. Have a stern word with yourself, sir.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They don’t grasp a lot of things bud which is what makes this forum a pointless activity.

Seems like you enjoy "pointless activities" then ?

I grasp that

20 minutes ago, itude said:

Seems like you enjoy "pointless activities" then ?

I grasp that

Post about once every two weeks mate on average these days mate, if that. So you clearly grasp nothing, proving my original point.

Even then it’s rarely in the Leicester forum.

Absolute parody compared to what it was 10 years ago.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1