Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Post about once every two weeks mate on average these days mate, if that. So you clearly grasp nothing, proving my original point.

Even then it’s rarely in the Leicester forum.

Absolute parody compared to what it was 10 years ago.

Well that's twice today already isn't it ? kind of proves my point, not yours.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That is a horrible horrible dilemma that is brewing. We simply cannot not beat Forest, the little arseholes. They need a good hiding, but any decent win and Ridgers will coat himself in creosote and he'll be sack proof for 10 bastard year.

Not after the last game vs them when they were a league below. That's a big reason why lots of us started to turn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itude said:

Well that's twice today already isn't it ? kind of proves my point, not yours.

A whole two posts in one day, oh yes, shows I’m here all the time. That’s three now though, guess that makes me a prominent poster again.

My posting history is available on my profile if you want to test the validity of your point. 

I’m sorry if my original post about the lack of quality posters on this forum has offended you, it’s in fact you that has proven my point with this utter drivel. I didn’t even address you, you personal insecurities aren’t my problem.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Post about once every two weeks mate on average these days mate, if that. So you clearly grasp nothing, proving my original point.

Even then it’s rarely in the Leicester forum.

Absolute parody compared to what it was 10 years ago.

9B2A5B32-25F4-4061-B3F4-9BEE60E00AF1.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

A whole two posts in one day, oh yes, shows I’m here all the time. That’s three now though, guess that makes me a prominent poster again.

My posting history is available on my profile if you want to test the validity of your point. 

I’m sorry if my original post about the lack of quality posters on this forum has offended you, it’s in fact you that has proven my point with this utter drivel. I didn’t even address you, you personal insecurities aren’t my problem.

336D1685-0685-4512-B16A-E1539D01D2B4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nope, but your own certainly are.

Now all you have done is to get yourself into a no win situation, answer and it certainly does prove my point, don't answer, and you leave me with the last word.

Hoist by your own petard matey.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That is a horrible horrible dilemma that is brewing. We simply cannot not beat Forest, the little arseholes. They need a good hiding, but any decent win and Ridgers will coat himself in creosote and he'll be sack proof for 10 bastard year.

At this point, no matter how much I want Brendan out, I desparately want us to get some wins on the board. 

5 minutes ago, itude said:

Nope, but your own certainly are.

Now all you have done is to get yourself into a no win situation, answer and it certainly does prove my point, don't answer, and you leave me with the last word.

Hoist by your own petard matey.

Not really mate, I’ll just reply to you next one in two weeks time 😚

36 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not really mate, I’ll just reply to you next one in two weeks time 😚

Four. Four posts. This is getting ridiculous now. Someone should clamp down on people like this who are flooding the forum. Why aren’t there any mods?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Crikey - its not a dilemma, I want us to beat forest. There’s not even a tiny part of me that is wanting us to lose or draw that game even with Rodgers in mind 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Crikey - its not a dilemma, I want us to beat forest. There’s not even a tiny part of me that is wanting us to lose or draw that game even with Rodgers in mind 

100%. But it's insane that it is even a question. He's ****ing toxic as ****.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Beating them really could be winning the battle to lose the war.  With no regime change relegation is a 98% lock.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep. We're in a ****ing awful position here. The board are showing themselves up to be incompetent.

We need Spurs to save this but I feel like the fact we're talking on such utterly ludicrous terms quite telling about how much faith we have in them to make the right decision.

I still cannot process he survived Brighton. Just... what the ****.

• Like 2

One thing I have found interesting lately is ex Leicester players coming out in support for Rodgers - Ulloa and Simpson in the last week. 

They’re still friends with some of the current squad and I presume must have spoken even a tiny bit about things going on at the moment. If the players weren’t having Rodgers anymore I’d imagine Simpson and Ulloa wouldn’t say to get behind the manager? 

(Yes I am very bored without the football this weekend)

On 06/09/2022 at 18:15, deep blue said:

To relieve the gloom I'm rereading Muzzy's autobiography.  He loved playing under the O'Neil/ Walford / Robertson management team.

Picking out 3 reasons from the book - 1) All 3  were brilliant in going out of their way to up the confidence of the players, with little words in their ear, arms round shoulders, positive thoughts, etc.  2) O'Neill knew the exact role he wanted from each of his players and it fitted that player's abilities to a T, round pegs for round holes etc, and he integrated those perfectly into the team organisation such that the whole was better than the sum of the parts.  3) O'Neill was a super- intelligent guy who was wise enough to understand that employing simple and obvious remedies to problems during matchplay was usually the best solution; no unnecessary overcomplication.

Looking at those 3 approaches to run a football team makes me think "what a difference from our current management team", and it illutrates just a part of what is wrong, and how it could be different.

To those who haven't seen it, Muzzy's book is an excellent read. :scarf:

Oh, one other quality of O'Neill's that Muzzy identified was his ability to "pick a player". Another lack in Rodgers' armoury.

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

One thing I have found interesting lately is ex Leicester players coming out in support for Rodgers - Ulloa and Simpson in the last week. 

They’re still friends with some of the current squad and I presume must have spoken even a tiny bit about things going on at the moment. If the players weren’t having Rodgers anymore I’d imagine Simpson and Ulloa wouldn’t say to get behind the manager? 

Fuchs also.  

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I found this puzzling too.  On the one hand it points to many of us misjudging the feeling amongst the players, but it's very hard for us to dismiss the evidence of our own eyes at the disjointedness of the squad, the displeasure of Rodgers with some of our players, the falling-outs on the pitch and the lack of cohesive effort.

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

...I  can understand Simpson coming out to bat for Rodgers,  we did allow him to maintain his fitness levels when he did not have a club he was contracted to.

Ulloa maybe viewing things from afar or he is close to a player who is pro- Rodgers. Half the squad would be split at this moment, so any feedback would be slanted that way. 

It's a touch patronising to be told to get behind Rodgers.

He and us have been a shitshow for so long I can only think he is still getting sympathy for having fcuk all chance to buy quality players.

I can see us being officially relegated in February and a couple days later Top will triumphantly announce he has sacked him.

Edited by Royston.

I wouldn't take any notice of what recent ex-players say on the matter to be honest.

It's not going to be a good look to start snagging Rodgers off, especially if Top is still backing him and they obviously respect Top. Even if Vards and Albrighton have, for example, spoken to Simpson and said they want him gone, he's hardly going to share that is he? 

They're probably just calling for unity whilst BR is still here because we desperately need some points and some positivity back.