Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I wouldn't take any notice of what recent ex-players say on the matter to be honest.

It's not going to be a good look to start snagging Rodgers off, especially if Top is still backing him and they obviously respect Top. Even if Vards and Albrighton have, for example, spoken to Simpson and said they want him gone, he's hardly going to share that is he? 

They're probably just calling for unity whilst BR is still here because we desperately need some points and some positivity back.

We won’t be getting any more points with Brendan in charge

• Like 3

The sad thing is, I can see is putting 3-4 past villa and him getting another month because of it. I’ve got this real gut feeling that he will keep somehow buying himself disproportionate time and we will end up sacking too late. I was convinced he would be gone by now, given the national mourning period and the international break coming up now would have been the perfect time to find a replacement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

So assuming that he remained in place for the rest of the season, we would be relegated with just the one point - ten less than Derby County in 2008. Righto. 

More spectacular insight and predictive prowess from the pages of Foxes Talk. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

So assuming that he remained in place for the rest of the season, we would be relegated with just the one point - ten less than Derby County in 2008. Righto. 

We will get some points but not many granted.

We will be lucky to get 20 points this season. Get Brendan sacked asap.

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We will get some points but not many granted.

We will be lucky to get 20 points this season. Get Brendan sacked asap.

So not this then...

31 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

So not this then...

What I am trying to say is we will not be able to produce a winning run with Rodgers any more. So in terms of points it will be stop start right now the trend is not looking good. We are on track to finish with 6 points if this form continues. So the sooner we sack Rodgers and get a competent manager through the door the better :thumbup:

• Like 3

Really not sure which way this is going to pan out ..  convinced his days were numbered but now not sure ..  if he clears the air with the players he wanted out and gets a couple of results I can see him staying here for the duration.  

Stranger things have happened !! :dunno:

It's very simple really, He's got to get the players back onside whatever has gone on. He's got to rally them into the mentality that we're in a battle and win them over to commit accordingly. It's die for the cause time.  If he doesn't there's noway we move forward.

Then he has to play our best players available in their best positions. They're the two starting points.

When he has done that he has to devise a plan that works. Not the same shit he's been serving up. All the opposition are too wide to us now.

A new plan that moves the ball quicker and takes advantage of the really good attacking threat we have. 

If he cant do that then I fear for the worst.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I wouldn't take any notice of what recent ex-players say on the matter to be honest.

It's not going to be a good look to start snagging Rodgers off, especially if Top is still backing him and they obviously respect Top. Even if Vards and Albrighton have, for example, spoken to Simpson and said they want him gone, he's hardly going to share that is he? 

They're probably just calling for unity whilst BR is still here because we desperately need some points and some positivity back.

He’s unlikely to come out with such staunch defence on BR though like he has done if he knew that Vardy and Albrighton hated him. 

Obviously this is all ridiculously tenuous but I did find it slightly interesting. 

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The sad thing is, I can see is putting 3-4 past villa and him getting another month because of it. I’ve got this real gut feeling that he will keep somehow buying himself disproportionate time and we will end up sacking too late. I was convinced he would be gone by now, given the national mourning period and the international break coming up now would have been the perfect time to find a replacement. 

Don’t worry about that mate, villa have a much better team than us this year. Unlike us, their team and fans are pulling in the same direction which would have resulted in a comfortable win for them 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The longer Rodgers remains manager the less chance we have of staying up in my opinion. His whole demeanor is a negative one, and its dragged the team down from before the season even kicked off.  Throwing the players under a bus, remarking on how they are lacking in quality, and taking some not so sly digs at the board, and then finally blaming fans for making the players anxious. I really can't see him turning things round, too much water has gone under the bridge.  He should have been sacked last Monday morning, the fact he hasn't been, is either because we can't afford too, or it's just gross incompetence from the hierarchy, that may have far reaching consequences for the club. 

Either one of those two, or that they have some kind of blind faith that he can turn it around. It's getting very hard to understand why he has not yet gone, one way or another. Scott Parker and Tuchel did not have the benefit of any of those it seems. I fear we will pay badly for this indecision. We will have fewer decent choices for a replacement as well, Potter and Rose are no longer possible, and clearly Brighton and Bournemouth will take advantage of this break and get a decent manager in, whilst we just wait..and wait.

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

it's slightly hyperbolic, but unless there's a grand revelation or big changes, it won't be that far off.

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

One thing I have found interesting lately is ex Leicester players coming out in support for Rodgers - Ulloa and Simpson in the last week. 

They’re still friends with some of the current squad and I presume must have spoken even a tiny bit about things going on at the moment. If the players weren’t having Rodgers anymore I’d imagine Simpson and Ulloa wouldn’t say to get behind the manager? 

(Yes I am very bored without the football this weekend)

The players will be far from impressed that their manager has gone from being a smarmy car salesman to a moaning, negative finger pointer who in the last 4 weeks alone has thrown his players under the bus and been rude about them more than he had in the 3.5 years he'd already been here.

You don't start saying this squad lacks quality because it's largely the same as when he joined and as a consequence complacency is also setting in and the players not be effected by it.

It's enough to lose those marginal gains we were getting in his successful element of his tenure but it's a long road back when you go from being diplomatic and very complimentary in public about his players to one whose now not afraid to call them out, it doesn't work. If that's always the management style like Mourinho or Conte then fair enough but you don't start acting like Rodgers does and it have a positive effect.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The players will be far from impressed that their manager has gone from being a smarmy car salesman to a moaning, negative finger pointer who in the last 4 weeks alone has thrown his players under the bus and been rude about them more than he had in the 3.5 years he'd already been here.

You don't start saying this squad lacks quality because it's largely the same as when he joined and as a consequence complacency is also setting in and the players not be effected by it.

It's enough to lose those marginal gains we were getting in his successful element of his tenure but it's a long road back when you go from being diplomatic and very complimentary in public about his players to one whose now not afraid to call them out, it doesn't work. If that's always the management style like Mourinho or Conte then fair enough but you don't start acting like Rodgers does and it have a positive effect.

I agree - just found it interesting. Nothing more. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Yeah it's quite funny, to think we have played 5 matches and got 1 point, and scrambled through a cup game on penalties, hilarious why people might think, where are the next batch of points coming from 

4 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I think some are underestimating Villa a tad. They just managed to keep the best team in the league (probably the world) at bay for a draw. Whereas we were at sixes and sevens trying to keep the score down at Brighton. I’d say it’s more than likely they win that game. 

Have a look on Villa's forum and you'll see how bad they think they are.

Watched PL season 19/20 review on Sky Sports earlier. At the time, I gave him (and the board) the benefit of the doubt for the collapse. 

We had Watford, Palace, Brighton, Sheff United and Bournemouth in that end of season run. We needed 3 wins. 3! And he ****ed it up.

As for the board, these twats bought Bennett to compete in the Champions League run. 

I’m telling you now, senior management at this club is pathetic. It’s ok, we’ll ph the sponsorship fee of another awards ceremony and get CEO of the year - I wonder how many CEO of the year awards David Dein went for, 

Rodgers's seemingly in questionable creed of high line possession football is being exposed as obsolete and he is too stubborn to change. If he thinks he can sustain that with Evans and Amartey at CB , then he will fail. Liverpool exposed by Napoli , Arsenal by Man Utd. have once again showed its weaknesses. If teams stopped playing it out from the back against Man.City's in your face press , they would do better. So with Rodgers its both the man and his redundant tactics. Is see no way back for him now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Watched PL season 19/20 review on Sky Sports earlier. At the time, I gave him (and the board) the benefit of the doubt for the collapse. 

We had Watford, Palace, Brighton, Sheff United and Bournemouth in that end of season run. We needed 3 wins. 3! And he ****ed it up.

As for the board, these twats bought Bennett to compete in the Champions League run. 

I’m telling you now, senior management at this club is pathetic. It’s ok, we’ll ph the sponsorship fee of another awards ceremony and get CEO of the year - I wonder how many CEO of the year awards David Dein went for, 

He didn’t/doesn’t get nearly enough heat for this. An absolute calamity. 

• Like 2