Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

41 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

On the footballing side, we have made so catastrophic **** ups. Like you say, it’s scary where the money has gone that we’ve had a summer like this. No programme notes can justify the amateurish nature this club has been ran to allow this to happen. 

it’s scary to think that each time the pressure has been on to get it right, we’ve not just got it wrong, we’ve weakened ourselves at the same time. 

2016 - Summer

2020 - Jan

2021 - Jan

2021-2022 summer

I think we need some real senior officials to join this club. Hold the hand of Top/Whelan and others.  To consider the mistake we are making off the field too (just try calling the ticket office), there are League One mistakes happening at a PL club. 

....we made what turned out to be poor transfers when we won the league, that is true!!!

We have also invested a lot of money in infrastructure, and we are most likely paying something like £20m a year to service the Training ground loan. We were always going to have a small net amount to spend in the summer window for a period of time and that would have been communicated to Rodgers when he came to us. The amount of money we were paying him, no doubt convinced him that we were not short of funds, for the short term or in the future.

Another loan was taken out for the expansion of the stadium and other plans, but the new FFP directive which came in April would have meant, a change to the long-term calculated financing of the loans.

The other administration problems are definitely something that needs to be looked into, a new customer service system needs to be set up, with a coherent policy and a transparent process to be implemented.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we made what turned out to be poor transfers when we won the league, that is true!!!

We have also invested a lot of money in infrastructure, and we are most likely paying something like £20m a year to service the Training ground loan. We were always going to have a small net amount to spend in the summer window for a period of time and that would have been communicated to Rodgers when he came to us. The amount of money we were paying him, no doubt convinced him that we were not short of funds, for the short term or in the future.

Another loan was taken out for the expansion of the stadium and other plans, but the new FFP directive which came in April would have meant, a change to the long-term calculated financing of the loans.

The other administration problems are definitely something that needs to be looked into, a new customer service system needs to be set up, with a coherent policy and a transparent process to be implemented.

What? :blink:

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Watched PL season 19/20 review on Sky Sports earlier. At the time, I gave him (and the board) the benefit of the doubt for the collapse. 

We had Watford, Palace, Brighton, Sheff United and Bournemouth in that end of season run. We needed 3 wins. 3! And he ****ed it up.

As for the board, these twats bought Bennett to compete in the Champions League run. 

I’m telling you now, senior management at this club is pathetic. It’s ok, we’ll ph the sponsorship fee of another awards ceremony and get CEO of the year - I wonder how many CEO of the year awards David Dein went for, 

7 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He didn’t/doesn’t get nearly enough heat for this. An absolute calamity. 

There's a bit of a myth about it that it was all post lockdown form. The rot set in around January time - losing to Southampton and Burnley in consecutive weeks from 1-0 up. We were dire in February as well.

I think everything about it pointed to a mentality problem. The way we blew it against Villa as well despite leathering them twice in the league under less pressure. I think he loses his nerve and hasn't got a clue how to inspire confidence, and it seems to nosedive further the longer he is here. I said after Brentford I didn't think we'd win another league game under him and stand by it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's a bit of a myth about it that it was all post lockdown form. The rot set in around January time - losing to Southampton and Burnley in consecutive weeks from 1-0 up. We were dire in February as well.

I think everything about it pointed to a mentality problem. The way we blew it against Villa as well despite leathering them twice in the league under less pressure. I think he loses his nerve and hasn't got a clue how to inspire confidence, and it seems to nosedive further the longer he is here. I said after Brentford I didn't think we'd win another league game under him and stand by it.

Yes. 100%. The win over Villa at home masked it about because it was a rout but we'd been slipping since Christmas. I think we'd had another defeat to Liverpool or City and confidence was shot (something like that). It must be 4 years I've been saying we lack leaders, players with proper bottle who will literally bollock someone for a misplaced pass. Not Schmeichel, not Evans, not Vardy. Proper nasty players with a dislike for even dropping 2 points.

I've stood up a lot for Rudkin over the past 5 years, he's made some astute buys (the criminally wasted Iborra and Evans most notably) and some unreal sales (Schlupp, Drinkwater) but our recent business and the clear lack of communication with Rodgers shows he's flapping out of his depth. At some point, as well as Rodgers, the buck has to stop with him. It's just a case of whether Top or Whelan has the balls to tell him. Infrastructure, includes senior management, and there's huge question marks over him and others at the top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

More like 5M.  I doubt they paid more than 5%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

More like 5M.  I doubt they paid more than 5%.

....paying £5m a year would not have us in such a financial deadlock!!!

Without seeing the Balance Sheet and "Sources and Application Report" we do not know exactly where the monies having come in are being spent. I would think such a loan would have an agreement to be paid back over a period of 5 years. The interest rate would be a heavy burden to carry for a long period of time.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....paying £5m a year would not have us in such a financial deadlock!!!

Without seeing the Balance Sheet and "Sources and Application Report" we do not know exactly where the monies having come in are being spent. I would think such a loan would have an agreement to be paid back over a period of 5 years. The interest rate would be a heavy burden to carry for a long period of time.

The ffp only controls the wages.  We have many contracts up before next September so we have options there.  My own take is that there was concern about the bringing in of players on big wages rather than a cash crisis. Under brendan the wage bill went up and the quality of football went down.

I remain astonished that he is still in a job.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The ffp only controls the wages.  We have many contracts up before next September so we have options there.  My own take is that there was concern about the bringing in of players on big wages rather than a cash crisis. Under brendan the wage bill went up and the quality of football went down.

I remain astonished that he is still in a job.

...totally agree with you!!!

51 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

"Should have finished 15th (based on Expected Points".

What a load of shit.

If only we played in a league over 30+ games to determine where each team finishes :rolleyes:

Edited by Fox92

You know when everyone was slagging off xG during Rodgers’ two good spells here? I still don’t understand it. But I reckon there must be something in it.

We were warned we were punching above our weight by the xGers and we didn’t listen.

Problem is, Rodgers thinks he’s punching below his weight with us. How ****ing difficult is it to offload this jumped up cockwomble?

At least with the horric football under your favourite Frenchman we had academy development, contract extensions and first team improvement.

It’s getting to the point where, unless we pull our finger out soon, Brendan’s legacy will be staring at the FA cup trophy from comfort of the Championship.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Imagine the atmosphere of Forest at home in an evening game under a new manager. I’d back us to tear them apart. Then we have Bournemouth (A), Palace (H), Leeds (H). Could easily be 13 points on the board after those!

agreed mate