Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

You know when everyone was slagging off xG during Rodgers’ two good spells here? I still don’t understand it. But I reckon there must be something in it.

We were warned we were punching above our weight by the xGers and we didn’t listen.

Problem is, Rodgers thinks he’s punching below his weight with us. How ****ing difficult is it to offload this jumped up cockwomble?

At least with the horric football under your favourite Frenchman we had academy development, contract extensions and first team improvement.

It’s getting to the point where, unless we pull our finger out soon, Brendan’s legacy will be staring at the FA cup trophy from comfort of the Championship.

We've never created an abundance of chances and we have got terrible at preventing chances up the other end. What's quite astonishing is we were 15th for xG last season and yet really ought to have finished 6th if it weren't for horrendous capitulations in the final 10 mins of games.

41 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Bit of a random article with no quotes and significant proof of indication that this is actually happening. A clickbait in other words...

https://foxesofleicester.com/2022/09/12/leicester-city-chair-may-sack-boss/

I just saw this on Twitter, got very excited, then realised I’ve never heard of the Journo and some of the quotes look like they’ve been stolen from The Athletic 

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

If Spurs game is played as rumoured, he’ll be gone for the international break if the result is as expected. Total incompetence and negligence on the boards part if he’s not gone after another loss.

Confirmed Spurs game is on.

Annoyingly (although most of us just want rid now regardless), he’ll go somewhere else, have a good season or two and everyone will believe the hype around him again. He’ll use it to consolidate the narrative around why things turned sour at Leicester (not being backed this summer/over achieving squad etc). His head will grow to unfathomable  proportions… then it’ll happen all over again. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I have lost hope that top will fire Rodgers.   I cant fathom it.... but Rodgers has already done enough to be sacked uet he is still here

I'm afraid I agree with you. Apparently he has to stink the place out some more !!

Top doesn't want to spend the ten mil just yet.

Not looking forward to getting stuffed by Spurs but l am looking forward to the posts on this thread when we are nailed 8 or 9 nil and still Rodgers isn't even close to being sacked.

I keep saying it people but I'm afraid he really is here for some months yet. ☹️

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

I'd put it further back - Dec 2019 - when the first cracks started to show. We had stormed the league with probably the best football I'd seen from us, second only to Man C in the Prem.  Then we came up against Man C and Liverpool in successive weeks.  Our performances in those games were a disappointment, timid, and I just got the feeling that we exhibited a willingness to accept our place in the hierarchy rather than challenging hard in those games ... a first indication of Rodgers's lack of boldness.  Our performance was tepid in that later game v Vill too. 

I think he's shown more and more this lack of confidence in our team, for example sitting back to hold onto leads rather than pressing on.  Just my take; I think that his regression in this aspect and in so many other areas is now so deeply ingrained that there is no chance that he has the ability to turn it round.

The annoying thing is - the timid performances (which were also evident in the Semi-Final losses that year) disappeared the following season when we went and won the FA Cup.

Rodgers had seemingly learnt his lesson that you can’t creep your way to finals and silverware, you have to go for it. 

The other thing that was crazy about our league form and the FA Cup sun was that we were pulling it off during yet another injury crisis, where our first 11 and shape was largely dependent on who was actually fit. 

Anyway - I’m intrigued to see what this mini break might bring in terms of team performance and attitude. 

Might it have refreshed minds and brought everyone together? 

58 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hopefully Rodgers last game 

Hopefully.

Hopefully the last week opens the power that be's eyes, they should have got rid a week ago today, it seems something happened midweek (A spanner in the works? What that was I don't know) according to ramadaone, I then think given the unfortunate events that took place Thursday, the Villa game cancelled, I think the club have then found themselves down a rabbit hole, when the fear was that we didn't know if we'd playing for 4 weeks and our next game would potentially be against Forest - I pray that's a wake up call they need to act and the next opportunity. 

45 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Ive lost faith in the board in letting Rodgers go even after a defeat to Spurs.

Unfortunately, this is where I am.

What are the possible reasons we’ve not sacked him yet?

- we think he’ll turn it around

- waiting for someone to pay his release clause

- waiting for him to walk

- waiting to get a new manager lined up

- waiting for him to agree to better (for us) severance terms

- waiting for a some performance related clause to come into effect

If we did sack him, who’d step in to manage us until we sign a new manager?

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hopefully the last week opens the power that be's eyes, they should have got rid a week ago today, it seems something happened midweek (A spanner in the works? What that was I don't know) according to ramadaone,

...very much the Tuchel sacking changed the landscape,  where possibilities of a move for Rodgers!!!

The ensuing push by Chelsea to bring in Potter caused us to pause.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

.. Stowell with back up staff for a few games!!!

We should already have a target, we (the club) should have some indication of the timescale when we release him (Rodgers).

23 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

1 and 5 seem the most plausible. It is pretty clear he doesn't want to be here but what price do we have to pay to end it?

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Probably the same baffling reason they didn't sack Puel for months and months. I think they kid themselves they'll turn it around but the threshold for the sack is 5 defeats on the spin and/or flirting with relegation. Brendan is over his overdraft, its staggering he's still not gone yet. They've blood on their hands if this carries on and we keep losing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably the same baffling reason they didn't sack Puel for months and months. I think they kid themselves they'll turn it around but the threshold for the sack is 5 defeats on the spin and/or flirting with relegation. Brendan is over his overdraft, its staggering he's still not gone yet. They've blood on their hands if this carries on and we keep losing.

Claude gave himself extra time with an unexpected win in London. Maybe Brendan will do the same. :ph34r:

• Haha 2