Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'm almost more worried about the Spurs game because they're one of the greedy six. I find it hard to imagine a loss against Spurs as being the final nail in his coffin.

What is that are we going to learn from a game against one of the established top 6, that we don't already know?

Perhaps if they humiliate us that would do the trick, but I can't say I want that to happen.

It would be sods law for us to somehow eek a draw and for Kane not to score against us now when an embarrassing score is probably the only thing that saves us from him.

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm almost more worried about the Spurs game because they're one of the greedy six. I find it hard to imagine a loss against Spurs as being the final nail in his coffin.

What is that are we going to learn from a game against one of the established top 6, that we don't already know?

Perhaps if they humiliate us that would do the trick, but I can't say I want that to happen.

It would be sods law for us to somehow eek a draw and for Kane not to score against us now when an embarrassing score is probably the only thing that saves us from him.

Puel lost 3-1 away there and we played some unreal stuff but the club had seen enough. He did then get the Palacegame the following weekend but Brendan had already been lined up.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel lost 3-1 away there and we played some unreal stuff but the club had seen enough. He did then get the Palacegame the following weekend but Brendan had already been lined up.

I really hope this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, it just seems odd to me.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably the same baffling reason they didn't sack Puel for months and months. I think they kid themselves they'll turn it around but the threshold for the sack is 5 defeats on the spin and/or flirting with relegation. Brendan is over his overdraft, its staggering he's still not gone yet. They've blood on their hands if this carries on and we keep losing.

Oh, from now onwards, this board and the Chairman are just as responsible for our demise as the manager. They’ve backed the wrong horse. A horse who doesn’t even want to be here. It’s criminal how they are running a gift that was handed to them on a plate.

• Like 3

I was quite relaxed about the possibility of us going down because I felt that if it became a real possibility, the board would act accordingly. However, I am really questioning that at the minute. It has become clear to everyone that his time is up. Even Jamie Carragher, who has been one of his cheerleaders has said that this team shouldn't be where they are in the league and that he looks to be finished here. I am starting to question whether the board actually watch our games. 

• Like 2

Has to be the size of his payoff and the financial situation I suspect, they're holding out to see if our results pick up to avoid the biggest sacking fee during Charles's reign so far.

Well we really desperately needed to sell the house but we didn't have the cash for the conveyancing fees so we just let the place rot 🤔

Edited by maddog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Contract clause. If we’re bottom after 7 league games Brendan has to walk for free. It’s the ONLY explanation that makes sense, because the other ones just don’t FACKING add up. 

Nor does this. Why on earth would a contract have such a clause? 7 games is such an arbitrary number.

Given we were so desperate to sign Brendan to an improved contract its highly unlikely there's any "walk for free" clause unless its his decision (apart from obvious gross misconduct etc.).

Unfortunately we're in a mess of the Execs own making. Similar in many ways to the contracts a number of our players appear to be on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Nor does this. Why on earth would a contract have such a clause? 7 games is such an arbitrary number.

Given we were so desperate to sign Brendan to an improved contract its highly unlikely there's any "walk for free" clause unless its his decision (apart from obvious gross misconduct etc.).

Unfortunately we're in a mess of the Execs own making. Similar in many ways to the contracts a number of our players appear to be on.

:fishing:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

It was a joke man. Are you devoid of humour?  It was meant to be stupid because the way the board are behaving is stupid. Jeez. 

4 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

....the comments by @ARM1968 was sarcasm!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

Tops plane is back in Bangkok anyway, so whatever he's been doing here this week it's seemingly resolved and not sticking around for the game.

Was quite surprised actually as I'd assumed he may have bene invited to the funeral on Monday given his links to the royals.

I guess with it being Tuesday he might still come back but would be surprising.

7 minutes ago, FLAN said:

There could be a timing issue to the payoff.  Not position related but in the last x years it is this much vs that much ?

new contract was December wasn’t it?

literally making shit up now. Lets face it.. hes staying for the long HAUULLL, #weremasssive #BR2027 #UPTHERODGERS

Edited by Simoken

If we give this bloke another chance to embarrass the club against Forest then I won't forgive the upper management. 

I wanted him sacked as I left the Shitty Ground last season. I never expected he'd be leading his group of limp wristed pushovers into another game against them. 

Will be the most toxic thing we've ever witnessed if we lose to them at home. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sly1 said:

Lose Saturday &he will be gone for sure :nigel:

When we lose Saturday, the narrative will be that he then has 2 weeks to work with the players before the next game. 

Then when he loses that, we have a good run of fixtures. He's earnt a good run of fixtures. 

And on, and on, and on...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If we give this bloke another chance to embarrass the club against Forest then I won't forgive the upper management. 

I wanted him sacked as I left the Shitty Ground last season. I never expected he'd be leading his group of limp wristed pushovers into another game against them. 

Will be the most toxic thing we've ever witnessed if we lose to them at home. 

I have played down the ability of the fanbase to get like that a turn these days. However I agree think if he is still here and we lose to them it will turn very ugly.