Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If the board want a change then it probably needs to be done soon, because there's two weeks before the Forest game, but I doubt anything will change after Saturday as Spurs are a very good side. If we'd have lost to Villa this weekend then perhaps.

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Has anyone else totally lost enthusiasm about this topic? 

I have personally wanted Rodgers to not be our manager for about a year or so now. With the exception of Forest away, in that time I never genuinely thought we'd sack him. But then after the start of the season, his comments in the press, & the manner in which we lost at Brighton I felt there was no way he could see another day in the job.

Him not getting the boot after Brighton has made me totally give up on the idea that the club will do the right thing before its too late & removed any enthusiasm I have about us at the moment lol

I needed some time away from this topic, so with what’s going on at the moment.. I took it as an opportunity to switch off. It’s only because I usually find football as an outlet in my life, but with it being so bad and the club seemingly not reacting to it.. it’s just depressing.

I’m hoping the club have used this time to assess and research. For me, irrespective of result now he just has to go. Too much has happened that there’s no way back for him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I have personally wanted Rodgers to not be our manager for about a year or so now. With the exception of Forest away, in that time I never genuinely thought we'd sack him. But then after the start of the season, his comments in the press, & the manner in which we lost at Brighton I felt there was no way he could see another day in the job.

Him not getting the boot after Brighton has made me totally give up on the idea that the club will do the right thing before its too late & removed any enthusiasm I have about us at the moment lol

He's holding us to ransom!...£10m to sack him.

Whoever agreed to give him that contract has a lot to answer for 🤬!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I expect us to lose against Spurs and I expect him to go afterwards.

International break is a normal time to make a change.

I find the 'wait until the international break' attitude very frustrating. If for example we were to sack him tonight and we were able to get a new manager in for Spurs, OK it wouldn't be ideal in terms of preparation time for the new manager, but they would learn more about the squad seeing them in a game situation a d a couple of training sessions than just in training. We're going to lose to Spurs if he is here anyway! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We’re not sacking him because Top’s selling the club to him. #itk

Can you imagine the carnage?

Daniel Sturridge in on a 5 year contract

Congerton back as DOF

Loans taken out by the club to build tanning salons and cosmetic surgeries at Seagrave

A throne built by pitchside for Brendan to sit on during games.

Edit: Forgot of course we've got to have the Brendan statue outside the ground commemorating our glorious 5th place finishes. Not lifesize of course ;)

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Exactly how I'm feeling. It's difficult to find any enthusiasm about the club at the moment. I'm not interested in any of the games we've got coming up. The fact of the matter is we need a fresh start. The fans know Rodgers time should be over. Even BBC Radio Leicester have said it. Too much has happened for him to turn our fortunes around. We need a new voice and a new approach and we need the owners to show him the exit, before it's too late. I don't care how much it costs. 

• Like 2

In summary

we have a coach that doesn’t want to be here 

we have a squad that (probably) doesn’t want the coach to be here 

we have a fan base who largely don’t want the coach to be here

we have a board who (probably) don’t want the coach to be here 

and yet we retain the status quo (probably for financial reasons)  …

• Like 4

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

It's the first time in a long time that I have seriously questioned the hierarchy at this club. How can they possibly allow this to continue? Sacking Rodgers is not the only thing that needs to happen to turn our fortunes around, but it sure as hell as the first thing that needs to happen. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Can you imagine the carnage?

Daniel Sturridge in on a 5 year contract

Congerton back as DOF

Loans taken out by the club to build tanning salons and cosmetic surgeries at Seagrave

A throne built by pitchside for Brendan to sit on during games.

Edit: Forgot of course we've got to have the Brendan statue outside the ground commemorating our glorious 5th place finishes. Not lifesize of course ;)

I was quite proud of myself that I could think of a situation more torturous than our current one.

Actually, John Terry as DOF, Gerard as the manager and Dennis Wise as the chairman.

God, our situation is so bad I’m spending my time thinking about BDSM football fantasies for some light relief.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I'd resigned myself for a lot of last season despite wanting him out to the idea that he'd probably still scab his way through another couple of years simply due to the qualify of player we have, all while the quality of player does diminish over that time. It's gone off a cliff quicker than I thought it would but I did eventually think we'd get to around here.

If we don't do it soon we will be relegated. This isn't bad form. This has been coming a while. He's lost it.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe. It perhaps depends upon the manner of the defeat, assuming that's what happens. A narrow loss but a good performance might be okay for BR to survive, whereas an utterly shambolic Brighton-type surrender might just persuade the Board and Top that the humiliation can't continue any longer. I think a lot will depend on the pre-match mindset of our senior players.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

International break, 1 point from 7 games, before a run of Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves? If they aren't going to sack then, I really do worry what it'll take - tells me it'll be something that a new manager might have virtually no chance of recovering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

International break, 1 point from 7 games, before a run of Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves? If they aren't going to sack then, I really do worry what it'll take - tells me it'll be something that a new manager might have virtually no chance of recovering.

If they haven’t sacked him on the back of brighton then is reckon they will decide he has a decent chance of three wins from those five games and ten points from 12 games is something to build on !