Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If they haven’t sacked him on the back of brighton then is reckon they will decide he has a decent chance of three wins from those five games and ten points from 12 games is something to build on ! 

I still think the fact he survived Brighton means we're probably down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Has anyone else totally lost enthusiasm about this topic? 

I have personally wanted Rodgers to not be our manager for about a year or so now. With the exception of Forest away, in that time I never genuinely thought we'd sack him. But then after the start of the season, his comments in the press, & the manner in which we lost at Brighton I felt there was no way he could see another day in the job.

Him not getting the boot after Brighton has made me totally give up on the idea that the club will do the right thing before its too late & removed any enthusiasm I have about us at the moment lol

TBH, its the only subject, vis-a-vis LCFC that is worth discussing. Everything depends on the outcome. At least Foxestalk has finally seen the light.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd resigned myself for a lot of last season despite wanting him out to the idea that he'd probably still scab his way through another couple of years simply due to the qualify of player we have, all while the quality of player does diminish over that time. It's gone off a cliff quicker than I thought it would but I did eventually think we'd get to around here.

If we don't do it soon we will be relegated. This isn't bad form. This has been coming a while. He's lost it.

Yeah absolutely. Us finishing 8th last year was an absolute joke really wasn't it. If we'd have been in a relegation scrap in the last few games I don't think anyone could've complained. 

His luck's run out. There's not a lot more to it.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If they haven’t sacked him on the back of brighton then is reckon they will decide he has a decent chance of three wins from those five games and ten points from 12 games is something to build on ! 

They will have definitely changed the direction of travel, from disruption of the top 6, to capitulation and basic survival, with our points tally it's looking like we eont meet the basic direction of travel survival. Totally depressing thought!

8 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Yeah absolutely. Us finishing 8th last year was an absolute joke really wasn't it. If we'd have been in a relegation scrap in the last few games I don't think anyone could've complained. 

Us finishing 8th last year was remarkable 

it reflected an efficiency in performances against bottom half sides 

of course that’s ok if you can maintain it but so far this season, our failure to beat Brentford and soton doesn’t bode well 

but it’s more than that - last season we looked like we were trying and had a plan of sorts - this season has been laughable in that respect 

14 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Last season was awful. If you keep playing as badly as we were consistently, it will eventually catch up with you. That has now happened. We haven't passed the eye test for a long time now. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Area88 said:

Like Ron Atkinson used to say, you don't become a bad manager overnight.

If we're going down the route of quoting Ron Atkinson, how about this for one of his many pearls of wisdom "Women should be in the kitchen, the discotheque and the boutique, but not in football". Even BR's numerous quotes aren't quite in the same league as that!

Edited by String fellow

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

International break, 1 point from 7 games, before a run of Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves? If they aren't going to sack then, I really do worry what it'll take - tells me it'll be something that a new manager might have virtually no chance of recovering.

If they don't we are in big trouble. 

27 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If we're going down the route of quoting Ron Atkinson, how about this for one of his many pearls of wisdom "Women should be in the kitchen, the discotheque and the boutique, but not in football". Even BR's numerous quotes aren't quite in the same league as that!

I thought the same, except the quote that came to my mind wasn't quite as mild as that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

No worries, just given the number of mind numbingly dumb comments on here from people it can sometimes be difficult to tell.

Well, yes, but sometimes you need to realise you’re in the presence of genius. Seriously. 

(that was also merely humour - just in case).

On 06/09/2022 at 01:13, Burbagefox89 said:

just to add my little bit to the Brendan hate 😂 I can tell you the vast majority of the youth players in and around the under 23’s cannot stand him and don’t have a good word to say about him. Yes he has invited a fair few of them to train with the first team over his time here but they have been treated like training cones when they have and nothing more. No opportunities, pathway or even advice on what certain players need to improve on to be able to stake a claim for an opportunity. The under 23’s are utterly demoralised with him. Yes he integrated Luke Thomas and KDH but both situations he didn’t really have a choice. For a manager who is apparently excellent at bringing through the youth look at the post match comments about Alves from the Watford cup game talk about motivational! And not to focus purely on one player but add to that leuven in the friendly Alves was taken and was the only player not to feature even for a couple of minutes as a moral boost. He was utterly dejected at the final whistle as he was running around the pitch with our fitness guy. Not only is this man killing our first team he is killing the youth teams too. No doubt about it he needs to leave for the good of the club

Just saw this. I didn’t think I could dislike him more. But he is and has been strangling this club’s future.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Contract clause. If we’re bottom after 7 league games Brendan has to walk for free. It’s the ONLY explanation that makes sense, because the other ones just don’t FACKING add up. 

They don't now do they ??

We have all come up with what might be seen as reasons he is still here, but they don't really make much sense anymore.

Maybe we are all missing something ?

1 minute ago, itude said:

They don't now do they ??

We have all come up with what might be seen as reasons he is still here, but they don't really make much sense anymore.

Maybe we are all missing something ?

Waiting to see if someone wants to poach him while we line up someone new at least makes financial sense.

• Like 1