Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I have, I’ve just lost lost interest at the moment. I’ve been screwed over by the club anyway with my season ticket, so I’m in the camp of not really giving a toss at the moment, and I don’t think I’ve ever been at this stage. 

For the first time supporting this club I’m genuinely completely disinterested, and it’s down to one chap. And until he has gone I probably won’t find any enthusiasm with the club again. It’s become beyond a slog to watch us this season. 

What happened?

10 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Has anyone else totally lost enthusiasm about this topic? 

I have personally wanted Rodgers to not be our manager for about a year or so now. With the exception of Forest away, in that time I never genuinely thought we'd sack him. But then after the start of the season, his comments in the press, & the manner in which we lost at Brighton I felt there was no way he could see another day in the job.

Him not getting the boot after Brighton has made me totally give up on the idea that the club will do the right thing before its too late & removed any enthusiasm I have about us at the moment lol

Yeah, I have seen too many..... " he must go now"  and  "he will go if we lose to **** ", ....threads for a lifetime.

And yet he his still there

I really do have no idea why, heard all the explanations, but they really don't make much sense anymore when balanced against the reality of possible relegation.

I don't think this is about the club doing the sensible or intelligent thing anymore. There have been occasions when they should have acted already, yet they have all passed by and he remains.

Parker and Tuchel had no such " luck", if that is what it is.  Seems to me they both deserved the boot a lot less than Rodgers.

Cast a voodoo spell or something has he then ?

My enthusiasm has also just about run out, especially for speculating about when Rodgers will go.

Edited by itude

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Just saw this. I didn’t think I could dislike him more. But he is and has been strangling this club’s future.

...if Top is not aware of this, then he should be!!!

Surely if you are not inspiring the youth in your academy, you are a barrier to the club moving forward. We cannot have someone so disliked, leading us, it serves no purpose to be beholding to this manager, because that is what we are, and there is an answer to this, but the board cannot see or understand the problem.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I have, I’ve just lost lost interest at the moment. I’ve been screwed over by the club anyway with my season ticket, so I’m in the camp of not really giving a toss at the moment, and I don’t think I’ve ever been at this stage. 

For the first time supporting this club I’m genuinely completely disinterested, and it’s down to one chap. And until he has gone I probably won’t find any enthusiasm with the club again. It’s become beyond a slog to watch us this season. 

Yes, a hard slog is right, and its a real shame to have to say that. Its also very very frustrating to see the club being torn down week after week, and those at the "top" seeming either blind, or incapable of doing the right thing.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What happened?

I asked for a season card, for which I had email proof, and the club gave me an E-ticket. And then refused to change it back saying I had to wait until next season, and essentially told me it was my fault, and despite showing them that I actually requested it, they still suggested it was me who got it wrong and not them. They just point blank refused to help, and the person I spoke to on the phone was disgustingly rude.  

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I asked for a season card, for which I had email proof, and the club gave me an E-ticket. And then refused to change it back saying I had to wait until next season, and essentially told me it was my fault, and despite showing them that I actually requested it, they still suggested it was me who got it wrong and not them. They just point blank refused to help, and the person I spoke to on the phone was disgustingly rude.  

Hideous club

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Ticket office is a joke - have you raised with Jim or emailed Susan?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I am real sorry to hear that.

The way this club is acting at the moment is  becoming almost self destructive.

I am closer to just leaving it all be than I ever have been.

I have never seen such a run of crazy behaviour as that since we won the FA Cup.

I don't see any decent explanation for it anymore, Covid, injuries, contracts, and so on ??

Nah, they simply don't wash anymore.

Its apalling management ,from top to Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Sounds rough. Was it requested in good time? (Not saying you're wrong or that I don't believe you). 

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

...somewhere down the line we are going to find out what it is that has changed at this club!!!

Susan Whelan has as much to do with this as Top, the message regarding "The family" is obviously not filtering down to the people at the sharp end.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sounds rough. Was it requested in good time? (Not saying you're wrong or that I don't believe you). 

It was in and around the time the first email came through. In the end the club merely stated they empathised with the situation but did not hold themselves responsible, and basically I can’t change anything.

Ive managed a work around so I’m now not too fussed, but the the lack of integrity shown by the club is unacceptable, especially for the amount of money they have off us. I know I’m not the only one either, it has happened to a couple of people I know. 

You can rock the boat as much as you like, however, it seems to make no difference. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was in and around the time the first email came through. In the end the club merely stated they empathised with the situation but did not hold themselves responsible, and basically I can’t change anything.

Ive managed a work around so I’m now not too fussed, but the the lack of integrity shown by the club is unacceptable, especially for the amount of money they have off us. I know I’m not the only one either, it has happened to a couple of a few people I know. 

You can rock the boat as much as you like, however, it seems to make no difference. 

Sounds like the sort of thing they would say as to why Brendan hasnt been moved on, and the reason he is still here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itude said:

Yeah, I have seen too many..... " he must go now"  and  "he will go if we lose to **** ", ....threads for a lifetime.

And yet he his still there

I really do have no idea why, heard all the explanations, but they really don't make much sense anymore when balanced against the reality of possible relegation.

I don't think this is about the club doing the sensible or intelligent thing anymore. There have been occasions when they should have acted already, yet they have all passed by and he remains.

Parker and Tuchel had no such " luck", if that is what it is.  Seems to me they both deserved the boot a lot less than Rodgers.

Cast a voodoo spell or something has he then ?

My enthusiasm has also just about run out, especially for speculating about when Rodgers will go.

Sadly I have to say I feel the same after all these years albeit we're in the Premiership,  won an FA Cup and statistically, finished 8th last year? Doesn't make sense in some ways and I'm certainly not the entitled sort. The above though doesn't anywhere tell the full story though and arguably, it's been a slow death coming since Rodgers first day.

I've always enjoyed going, even when we were in the first division. Didn't bother me nearly as much as many others under Puel either, possibly because he was having to do a particular job that needed doing and I also felt that in some areas, he hadn't got much to work with. It needed changing when it did, but it was dealt with accordingly and we looked to move forward yet again. 

I just can't stand the egotistical, conceited, smarmy dishonesty at the moment. Also, unlike Puel, albeit we could have done with a particular couple of players, we have absolutely still got a very decent squad of players! Not top 6 perhaps but prospects of relegation should really be laughed at if managed properly with what we have available!

The standard of and philosophy of playing, if that's the right way of explaining it, is so obviously flawed but also monotonous and mind numbing. Yes, part of being a proper supporter is about accepting difficult times and cheering and encouraging your team regardless. But I can stand and have no problem with losing. I can accept relegation (we've had to) but, it just usually meant having a break over the summer and coming back refreshed with some renewed expectation and fire in your belly. 

This summer was different and I was pleased to not having been able to attend the first couple of games. Never happened before. Something different has to be wrong to make people feel like that. I certainly can't think of any other manager I've despised so much.

Just now, Wymsey said:

Stop saying silly things about players and encouraging the players that the next few games are crucial for everyone in the team (and obviously himself).

You are asking him to become a different person. Not going to happen. Sorry. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Claude Puel's last 30 games for Leicester = 35 points

Brendan Rodgers last 30 games for Leicester = 36 points

Claude Puel's last 6 games equalled 1 point

Brendan Rodgers last 6 games equalled 1 point, with 5 losses on the spin

Spurs will be curtains, surely… 6 defeats in a row… 

• Like 1

Are people on here for real or have they descended so far into the pit of despair they have lost all perspective. Sure it’s been an awful start but no more awful than in our first season back after promotion and definitely nowhere near as awful as season after season languishing in the championship before eventually dropping into the third tier. 

We could go back further to Brian Little’s poor season in the prem or the utter despair of the Pleat years or even further still to the absolutely abysmal season under Frank Mcklintock. These may be ancient history to many fans but they only go to prove that things have been much, much worse than this.

I know things have been grim but comments about ‘losing all interest’ and ‘this club is a joke’ just because of one shocking but relatively brief run of form seems an bit of an over-reaction.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1