Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

46 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Spurs will be curtains, surely… 6 defeats in a row… 

Sorry, heard it before, it's getting very difficult to believe that now.

29 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Are people on here for real or have they descended so far into the pit of despair they have lost all perspective. Sure it’s been an awful start but no more awful than in our first season back after promotion and definitely nowhere near as awful as season after season languishing in the championship before eventually dropping into the third tier. 

We could go back further to Brian Little’s poor season in the prem or the utter despair of the Pleat years or even further still to the absolutely abysmal season under Frank Mcklintock. These may be ancient history to many fans but they only go to prove that things have been much, much worse than this.

I know things have been grim but comments about ‘losing all interest’ and ‘this club is a joke’ just because of one shocking but relatively brief run of form seems an bit of an over-reaction.

Yes actually, I think most of us are being realistic. As I said, this appears to have been going on at least since we won the FA Cup.

Seems to me that it is "the management" who are being unrealistic, not most of us.

A stitch in time saves nine as they say, I can't even see the management getting a needle out, can you ?

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not enough is said of Rodgers brief piece of bull shit that he tried to serve up in his first interview back in pre-season when he meant the refresh he talked about last season was as much a mindset for his current players as making changes to his squad. 😂😂😂

That quickly changed didn't it Brendan, he then has systematically slagged them off left, right and centre and moaned about not being backed with a condescending caveat that he will always respect the club and the owners.

Would be fascinated to see him grilled on what happened to his refresh mindset so quickly. 

Over to Jason Bourne…… joking aside might be worth firing it over to him on Twitter as he does seem quite happy to ask him the more challenging questions 

• Like 1

Listened to the Rodgers episode of the Ben and Kammy podcast, it was recorded during pre-season in and around the time Kasper returned to training. 

Nothing ground breaking but he did talk about leaving Celtic ….resources, not being able to compete etc etc and then when talking about us and our aspirations for this season, he used language like balance the books, don’t have same resources as others. 

on a different note, comparing this season to last seasons corresponding results so far, this season has yielded 1 point against 10 points last season, let that sink in and tell me he should not leave ASAP

Let’s hope if there are any performance  clauses in his contract they are measured and reviewed at international breaks hence why he has been given until the Spurs game. 

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I asked for a season card, for which I had email proof, and the club gave me an E-ticket. And then refused to change it back saying I had to wait until next season, and essentially told me it was my fault, and despite showing them that I actually requested it, they still suggested it was me who got it wrong and not them. They just point blank refused to help, and the person I spoke to on the phone was disgustingly rude.  

This also happened to three of my mates.

If you cam be bothered to try again to sort it email lcfchelp and ask for Louise.

7 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Sure it’s been an awful start but no more awful than in our first season back after promotion and definitely nowhere near as awful as season after season languishing in the championship before eventually dropping into the third tier. 

I'm sure different kinds of dog crap smell worse than others too. Doesn't mean I have to like what I've just trodden in.

Seriously though, there's a problem now and that needs addressing. That ought to be the focus. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Claude Puel's last 30 games for Leicester = 35 points

Brendan Rodgers last 30 games for Leicester = 36 points

Claude Puel's last 6 games equalled 1 point

Brendan Rodgers last 6 games equalled 1 point, with 5 losses on the spin

Did Puel get a vote of confidence?

I think Ranieri did.

I don’t see us sacking without a statement ‘backing him’ or a vote of confidence, even though that virtually always ironically signals the end is near.

Saying that didn’t they come out on the back of rumours Rodgers had been sacked last season and give him backing/a vote of confidence - he’s still here :(

Well, if Top and the board don't get rid of Rodgers knowing full well he will get us relegated, then my vote of confidence for them is ended for the first time ever. How he has survived thus far is very worrying. It's clear he doesn't want to be here as much as we and the players don't want him here anymore, the owners must know this so why the inaction? if it really is about having to pay him off then we are in bigger trouble than any of us can imagine.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not enough is said of Rodgers brief piece of bull shit that he tried to serve up in his first interview back in pre-season when he meant the refresh he talked about last season was as much a mindset for his current players as making changes to his squad. 😂😂😂

That quickly changed didn't it Brendan, he then has systematically slagged them off left, right and centre and moaned about not being backed with a condescending caveat that he will always respect the club and the owners.

Would be fascinated to see him grilled on what happened to his refresh mindset so quickly. 

Haha this is a great point. 

His narrative has been all over the place but as long as the blame doesn't lie at his door, he's happy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Well, if Top and the board don't get rid of Rodgers knowing full well he will get us relegated, then my vote of confidence for them is ended for the first time ever. How he has survived thus far is very worrying. It's clear he doesn't want to be here as much as we and the players don't want him here anymore, the owners must know this so why the inaction? if it really is about having to pay him off then we are in bigger trouble than any of us can imagine.

This is where I am.

Yes Top made a statement about finances the other week in his notes but the longer this goes on, the silence is deafening and a massive concern.

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 09:32, daddylonglegs said:

Has anyone else totally lost enthusiasm about this topic? 

I have personally wanted Rodgers to not be our manager for about a year or so now. With the exception of Forest away, in that time I never genuinely thought we'd sack him. But then after the start of the season, his comments in the press, & the manner in which we lost at Brighton I felt there was no way he could see another day in the job.

Him not getting the boot after Brighton has made me totally give up on the idea that the club will do the right thing before its too late & removed any enthusiasm I have about us at the moment lol

Gone from being angry about him still being here to abject indifference over anything LCFC…and believing the board should leave with him as they’ve failed to act and therefore shoulder the responsibility too.

On the other hand, I’m delighted I don’t have a season ticket anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Listened to the Rodgers episode of the Ben and Kammy podcast, it was recorded during pre-season in and around the time Kasper returned to training. 

Nothing ground breaking but he did talk about leaving Celtic ….resources, not being able to compete etc etc and then when talking about us and our aspirations for this season, he used language like balance the books, don’t have same resources as others. 

on a different note, comparing this season to last seasons corresponding results so far, this season has yielded 1 point against 10 points last season, let that sink in and tell me he should not leave ASAP

Let’s hope if there are any performance  clauses in his contract they are measured and reviewed at international breaks hence why he has been given until the Spurs game. 

If you consider we got 10 points in our final 4 games of last season, mainly against relegation fodder or teams with nowt left to play for and you realise that that19 point differential in terms of where we finished is very very concerning. We have been regressing big time right before our eyes.

• Like 2