Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Has Jason Bourne mentioned on his social media why he wasn't there today? Presumably the club didn't like their manager being held to account..

Club weren’t fans of him before that. And plenty of his peers thinking he’s veering to Club TV territory, so don’t be surprised if it’s Talksport what asked him to give it a miss 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we lose to Spurs we’ll have a mountain to climb, 2 or 3 more losses in a row and we’ll already be down. 

Need a win but also need him to go, catch 22. 

That’s why it’s a shame the Villa game was off. A win for us there would have been a double whammy.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Never want us to lose a game but long term if it means he’ll go I’m all for it. He’s not turning this around. 

People have been saying that for weeks now and it doesn’t matter, losing doesn’t seem to make him lose his job.

We desperately need the points, we’re already getting cut adrift. 

Cannot fathom how anyone wouldn’t want us to win this game 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

It's a guess that our points total with another manager sooner will be higher than our points total with Brendan for longer.

He beats Spurs and keeps his job, but there's no turn around. He wins a match every three or so matches. The season rolls on with him just hanging on. The board considers sacking him but don't have any confidence in Stowell et al. Brendan relegates us.

It's no outlandish scenario currently.

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

People have been saying that for weeks now and it doesn’t matter, losing doesn’t seem to make him lose his job.

We desperately need the points, we’re already getting cut adrift. 

I want us to win this game but genuinely can’t see us doing that with him in charge. We have a better chance although very slim with him not being in charge. Long term as much as it pains me saying it, we’ll be more beneficial if we lose and heavily. So far this season we’re having to score at least 2 goals just to get a draw out of games. The sooner he’s gone the better. 

Can't dislike Rodgers more than I do already, he is finished here and just collecting his wages.

If Top can't or won't get rid it's just a total nightmare and I'd rather we forfeit the season now than suffer every match and the following week hoping for a change that never happens.

Just out of curiosity anyone know how long the arses were at the bottom last season under arteta before they went on a winning run?

I see some parallels here. No one expected them to stay there or get relegated and no one is seriously thinks that will happen to us. 
everton were dangerously close to the drop last season and they not achieved anything like what we have in the past decade.

we will get out of this mess just need to turn the corner that’s all. Other teams will suffer a drop in form just as we pick up so it can all change quickly fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we lose to Spurs we’ll have a mountain to climb, 2 or 3 more losses in a row and we’ll already be down. 

Need a win but also need him to go, catch 22. 

Agreed, but as Spurs would be one we'd struggle to win in the current climate anyway, possibly better if we lost this one handsomely and got a manager or caretaker in before the Forest's or Villa's of this world etc. If we did lose in such a manner and he didn't go, you'd have to smell a rat and get a bit disillusioned possibly. Surely the same rules should apply to him as Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel?

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Gold digger

Possibly, I was just refering to the fact that if the team can't stand him for just a few hours a week, how does she do it for more than that? Gold digging is definitely one good reason though, still if that was the reason fair play to her to put up with that much of a narcissistic person.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Because if he wins, by some miracle, it means he's probably safe for some very winnable upcoming fixtures which he will blow.

But any faith I have in the hierarchy has gone anyway. An absolute disgrace that he wasn't sacked after Brighton.

That’s the gist of it, pretty much.  Not acting after Brighton was basically the proof that the board is sitting on deck playing Nearer My God to Thee at this point.  No reason to think they’ll act no matter how low we sink under Rodgers - either they’re so disconnected from reality that they can’t imagine we’re facing certain relegation, or they just don’t care and will avoid a payoff to BR under any circumstances.

35 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Just out of curiosity anyone know how long the arses were at the bottom last season under arteta before they went on a winning run?

I see some parallels here. No one expected them to stay there or get relegated and no one is seriously thinks that will happen to us. 
everton were dangerously close to the drop last season and they not achieved anything like what we have in the past decade.

we will get out of this mess just need to turn the corner that’s all. Other teams will suffer a drop in form just as we pick up so it can all change quickly fingers crossed.

They lost their first 3 games and then quickly improved. I can't think of a manager in recent years who has been at a club a while and then regressed this badly and turned it around. 

Hassenhutl has been very up and down so I suppose he is the closest, but we surely have higher aspirations than that anyway.

• Like 2

This feels like the end of the Peter Taylor era, the regression, poor transfers and a media darling for a coach, who was hopefully out of his depth once we hit poor form. 

I hope the capitulation at Brighton is the last straw for the owners and that the international break offers the opportunity to bring an end to this before it becomes anymore toxic. 

let’s hope a replacement is lined up and by the end of next week our new man is in and getting to work with the squad in readiness for what looks to be run very winnable games 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Club weren’t fans of him before that. And plenty of his peers thinking he’s veering to Club TV territory, so don’t be surprised if it’s Talksport what asked him to give it a miss 

Do they!? 🤣

What a load of bollocks here.

37 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This feels like the end of the Peter Taylor era, the regression, poor transfers and a media darling for a coach, who was hopefully out of his depth once we hit poor form. 

I hope the capitulation at Brighton is the last straw for the owners and that the international break offers the opportunity to bring an end to this before it becomes anymore toxic. 

let’s hope a replacement is lined up and by the end of next week our new man is in and getting to work with the squad in readiness for what looks to be run very winnable games 

It’s the Peter Taylor long play version for sure.

Was a blessing in a way that Villa was postponed as Rodgers would have lost that. Better to have that in the bank for down the line. 

2 weeks have passed and the dust settled after Brighton. So maybe we go in to Spurs a bit fresher. 

However do we think Brendan has it in him to turn this around? Absolutely not in my opinion. I expect we will do what we always do when needing to get a result. A toothless match where we offer little and Spurs cruise in 3rd gear to a 2-0 win. A bit like the Roma matches last season. 

That is why he must go. The guy has no bottle. We need a siege mentality and some fight ready to take in to the more favourable matches after the international break. 

I hope to be pleasantly surprised come full time tomorrow and we got something from the game with a different mentality. I just don't see it unfortunately. 

I expect a schooling tomorrow and lots of attention as a Spurs home match , late KO , bank holiday weekend will get a lot of media coverage and post match analysis. It will be uncomfortable for sure.

At some point soon the owners will calculate the cost of relegation is greater than termination of Rodgers contract as for now I think they are hoping the problem goes away.

I can't believe he can turn it around. He's actually been rubbish for far longer than this season. And morale seems much worse now and the competition stronger.

It's a sad state of affairs. Survival will be a massive achievement this season. 

• Like 1