Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 22/04/2021 at 22:58, foxes_rule1978 said:

Ranieri couldn’t really sustain things, he was the right man at the right time for sure and will always be a legend for what he achieved here, but Rodgers is a different class of manager in my view. 

We’re bottom of the league with the worst start in history, plus no sign of improvement. Are you serious when you use the words “class” and “Rodgers” in the same sentence ?

Obviously we want to win.

But is anyone fearful we might win?

We shouldn’t win, certainly with Rodgers-ball, decisions and the demeanour within the fanbase and you’d assume camp, but it’d just be like us to get something - or Spurs be awful.

My train of thought has recently been a win could be worse than a loss in the long term, I feel the club are waiting and waiting and waiting for us to get a win and then they can turn around say “See, it’s not so bad, we can afford to give him another 2 months now!” to find ourselves on exactly the same position again, these losses can only go on for so long before they are forced into making a decision whether they like it or not.

The board ought to be careful because there is definitely a shift towards people questioning them and holding them more accountable - whether than be because of Rodgers’ comments turning the blame to them, not sacking Rodgers and people blaming them or both.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Because if he wins, by some miracle, it means he's probably safe for some very winnable upcoming fixtures which he will blow.

But any faith I have in the hierarchy has gone anyway. An absolute disgrace that he wasn't sacked after Brighton.

Yep. 

They'll probably end up sacking him half way through our run of easier fixtures, by which time it'll probably be too late. 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No. Because I know we won't 

I was expecting that and I agree lol 

I’m pretty confident we won’t however, Spurs will no doubt be Spursy at the worse possible time for our future knowing our luck.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

I was expecting that lol 

I’m pretty confident we won’t but Spurs will no doubt be Spursy at the worse possible time for our future knowing our luck.

I just can't fathom us beating anyone right now. How bad would the other team have to be?!

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NFPOUT said:

We’re bottom of the league with the worst start in history, plus no sign of improvement. Are you serious when you use the words “class” and “Rodgers” in the same sentence ?

My opinion has changed now for sure, get him the **** out is where I’m at now :) 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Obviously we want to win.

But is anyone fearful we might win?

We shouldn’t win, certainly with Rodgers-ball, decisions and the demeanour within the fanbase and you’d assume camp, but it’d just be like us to get something - or Spurs be awful.

My train of thought has recently been a win could be worse than a loss in the long term, I feel the club are waiting and waiting and waiting for us to get a win and then they can turn around say “See, it’s not so bad, we can afford to give him another 2 months now!” to find ourselves on exactly the same position again, these losses can only go on for so long before they are forced into making a decision whether they like it or not.

The board ought to be careful because there is definitely a shift towards people questioning them and holding them more accountable - whether than be because of Rodgers’ comments turning the blame to them, not sacking Rodgers and people blaming them or both.

Unless top has made a final call and told both coach and squad that there will be no changes this season then there is no chance we win this.

and we’ve heard nothing of this so it’s v unlikely to have happened 

Consequently there is no chance we win this - conte will have it covered from all angles 

Edited by st albans fox

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That’s the gist of it, pretty much.  Not acting after Brighton was basically the proof that the board is sitting on deck playing Nearer My God to Thee at this point.  No reason to think they’ll act no matter how low we sink under Rodgers - either they’re so disconnected from reality that they can’t imagine we’re facing certain relegation, or they just don’t care and will avoid a payoff to BR under any circumstances.

Honestly whatever it is, it's a lose lose, because I completely take the other point that actually wanting to lose is also mental and it should never have to come to that. But what honestly is it going to take?

The problem ultimately is they seem unable to view the bigger picture on this. I cannot ever think of a scenario where something like this was turned around. Even Puel never hit a point where he was this unpopular, possibly with the exception of after Palace itself and he went. This is nearer a Newcastle/Bruce situation at this point. It's ridiculous.

If it's a money thing and they're hoping he turns it around before it looks critical then I think they're foolish. We seem to have this habit where we think doing nothing and everything will work out in the end is the case. Well it isn't. We've so passive and I'm fed up of it now.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Just out of curiosity anyone know how long the arses were at the bottom last season under arteta before they went on a winning run?

I see some parallels here. No one expected them to stay there or get relegated and no one is seriously thinks that will happen to us. 
everton were dangerously close to the drop last season and they not achieved anything like what we have in the past decade.

we will get out of this mess just need to turn the corner that’s all. Other teams will suffer a drop in form just as we pick up so it can all change quickly fingers crossed.

3 games, two of which against three of the best sides in the league. We've so far played two bottom half sides at home, a midtable side away and three of the bigger teams - but probably the weakest three of the six and one of which who were bad enough in the other games to get rid of their manager, who've already lost to Leeds, Southampton and Dinamo Zagreb, but beat us with 10 men.

Not really comparable to be honest. This is nearer to Juande Ramos at Spurs or De Boer at Palace. It's surely our worst ever start.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Because if he wins, by some miracle, it means he's probably safe for some very winnable upcoming fixtures which he will blow.

But any faith I have in the hierarchy has gone anyway. An absolute disgrace that he wasn't sacked after Brighton.

Which is kind of my point, if he loses he’ll probably still be safe too. People said exactly the same thing about hoping to lose so he gets sacked before each of our last 4 or 5 games.

Even a heavy defeat to Brighton didn’t seal his fate, so I’m not sure why anyone is so convinced a heavy defeat to Spurs, a side who are much better than Brighton on paper, will see him leave.

I think the owners have shown that he’ll stay regardless of the result tomorrow, they are probably thinking the exact same thing about giving him the easier fixtures coming up and writing off these harder games.

If there was a guarantee he’d go if we lost they might have a point, but I think our owners continue to show that he’s still more likely to stay after a defeat.

We can’t keep going game after game of losing hoping this will be the one, we desperately need the points.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Which is kind of my point, if he loses he’ll probably still be safe too. People said exactly the same thing you said before each of our last 4 or 5 games.

Even a heavy defeat to Brighton didn’t seal his fate, so I’m not sure why you’re so convinced a heavy defeat to Spurs, a side who are much better than Brighton on paper, will see him leave.

I think the owners have shown that he’ll stay regardless of the result tomorrow, they are probably thinking the exact same thing about giving him the easier fixtures coming up and writing off these harder games.

If there was a guarantee he’d go if we lost you’d have a point, but I think our owners continue to show that he’s still more likely to stay after a defeat.

We can’t keep going game after game of losing hoping this will be the one, we desperately need the points.

That's why pressure then needs to go onto Rudkin, Whelan and Top if it gets to that point. Rodgers has clearly been trying to get sacked all season. There's no other explanation for the decisions he's been making. Playing a weak back 4 and then a midfield with no legs or ability to track runners was suicide against Brighton and he must surely have known that.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I am pretty certain , if he had been cheaper to remove , he would have gone by now. Its obvious now that the profit made on Fofana was going to cover the current wage bill and not to sack Rodgers. As usual it is 100% about money.

That'll be the sickening thing about it. I can take us going down if we're simply not good enough but if it comes down to us penny pinching and taking a gamble then serious questions will have to be asked 

Never been so not arsed about a game in my life, another loss, sky jumping all over it, 2 week international break sitting on 1 point, knowing full well he's still going to be here when the next 2 weeks is up, would genuinely have preferred this to have been cancelled 

9 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

During the international break. It's happening.

Q

Nope, or even after shipping 7,8,or 9 at Spurs, its not gonna happen, he will be here until the WC at least because the people who will make the decision do not want him out and they are the only ones who matter.