Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I would say we’re 5000/1 to win this. Absolutely no chance at all. If we took the lead we’d fold like wet toilet paper. If we concede first we will just fall apart. 

Whilst I agree but.... just how well does wet toilet paper fold?

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We're at the 'absolutely fine getting tonked by spurs if it gets him sacked as we might have lost anyway' stage aren't we? :(

I don't know. I really do dislike Spurs. It's certainly not cut and dried for me. I think I'd take a win there even if it meant Rodgers gets a reprieve.... dunno, tough one.

Though to be honest, I reckon that whatever the result, it won't make a difference as to whether Rodgers gets the boot or not. I think that decision has already been made. It fears me to say it, but I think we might be in for the long haul.

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We're at the 'absolutely fine getting tonked by spurs if it gets him sacked as we might have lost anyway' stage aren't we? :(

Not for me bud, l never want to get beaten by anyone but especially not by that lot.

If it was a cast iron guarantee (by Top) that 5 or 6 nil made his position untenable then maybe in the greater interest of LCFC I'd accept it but the evidence is staring us in the face -  as he's still in place now then clearly he's not going to be sacked for losing at Spurs heavily or otherwise.

It's like doing the lottery atm, we hope -  oh how we hope - but all the evidence and all the signs say it wont happen.

If we are getting truly battered tomorrow then the supporters there have to really turn on him. Don't just leave, make your voices heard and send a message a clear message to the board that this is not acceptable. A few bedsheets with 'Rodgers Out' on and a few songs may not be enough, but at least you would have done your bit. How depressing is it that I'm saying this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I would say we’re 5000/1 to win this. Absolutely no chance at all. If we took the lead we’d fold like wet toilet paper. If we concede first we will just fall apart. 

Lol, maybe not the best odds example - 5000/1 - in the case of LCFC to illustrate "no chance" but l take you're point.

Incidentally, l think dry toilet paper folds easier that wet!  🤣

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

Whilst I agree but.... just how well does wet toilet paper fold?

I don't know. I really do dislike Spurs. It's certainly not cut and dried for me. I think I'd take a win there even if it meant Rodgers gets a reprieve.... dunno, tough one.

Though to be honest, I reckon that whatever the result, it won't make a difference as to whether Rodgers gets the boot or not. I think that decision has already been made. It fears me to say it, but I think we might be in for the long haul.

Personally I think he should have gone after the  Brighton game but from the looks of things, they are going to give him until the midseason break to turn things around, that's my view on things. Of course if we get absolutely spanked by Spurs, it could be his end here:dunno:

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

3 games, two of which against three of the best sides in the league. We've so far played two bottom half sides at home, a midtable side away and three of the bigger teams - but probably the weakest three of the six and one of which who were bad enough in the other games to get rid of their manager, who've already lost to Leeds, Southampton and Dinamo Zagreb, but beat us with 10 men.

Not really comparable to be honest. This is nearer to Juande Ramos at Spurs or De Boer at Palace. It's surely our worst ever start.

I wonder if the last bit is the key, it being the start of the season. Maybe the board just have their heads in the sand thinking how much time there is to turn it around but it’s one game less by the week. It’s sad that realistic supporters are now of the mindset finishing 17th on GD would be an achievement!

Then again, Shakespeare went early in the season so they have shown they will as oppose to Ranieri and Puel in the new year. Shakespeare was also no where near as bad as Rodgers but possible the board felt pressured into giving him the gig full time and were waiting to replace him whereas they seem obsessed with Rodgers. It’s well and truly become a case of one man (wrongly) being treated like he is bigger than the club….

46 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Which is kind of my point, if he loses he’ll probably still be safe too. People said exactly the same thing about hoping to lose so he gets sacked before each of our last 4 or 5 games.

Even a heavy defeat to Brighton didn’t seal his fate, so I’m not sure why anyone is so convinced a heavy defeat to Spurs, a side who are much better than Brighton on paper, will see him leave.

I think the owners have shown that he’ll stay regardless of the result tomorrow, they are probably thinking the exact same thing about giving him the easier fixtures coming up and writing off these harder games.

If there was a guarantee he’d go if we lost they might have a point, but I think our owners continue to show that he’s still more likely to stay after a defeat.

We can’t keep going game after game of losing hoping this will be the one, we desperately need the points.

For me the only thing is the situation has changed - we go into a two week break on the back of six straight defeats, coming back to five relatively kind fixtures. It's such an obviously right time but then again, I keep saying this and it doesn't happen.

The passivity is totally ridiculous though. They must be the only people who can't see he needs to go. Even a lot of neutrals, largely brainwashed by  media who are overly pro Rodgers think he needs to go.

I don't see why he should get Forest and the other games. He's already blown Brentford and Southampton inexcusably, and Brighton while a decent side absolutely massacred us. I don't know what it needs to take.

14 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I wonder if the last bit is the key, it being the start of the season. Maybe the board just have their heads in the sand thinking how much time there is to turn it around but it’s one game less by the week. It’s sad that realistic supporters are now of the mindset finishing 17th on GD would be an achievement!

Then again, Shakespeare went early in the season so they have shown they will as oppose to Ranieri and Puel in the new year. Shakespeare was also no where near as bad as Rodgers but possible the board felt pressured into giving him the gig full time and were waiting to replace him whereas they seem obsessed with Rodgers. It’s well and truly become a case of one man (wrongly) being treated like he is bigger than the club….

We're just totally passive in general. Every January we do nothing and think we'll get away with it, and we don't. This summer we've just allowed Southampton to hold us to ransom and done virtually nothing (if we're so hard up, why are we rejecting bids for anybody?). I stress, I am not somebody delusional enough to think we're going to splash £200mil a year, but we're not being sensible, or prudent, we're being completely passive. It's going to get us relegated. How can they just sit there and allow this bloke to do this?

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

For me the only thing is the situation has changed - we go into a two week break on the back of six straight defeats, coming back to five relatively kind fixtures. It's such an obviously right time but then again, I keep saying this and it doesn't happen.

The passivity is totally ridiculous though. They must be the only people who can't see he needs to go. Even a lot of neutrals, largely brainwashed by  media who are overly pro Rodgers think he needs to go.

I don't see why he should get Forest and the other games. He's already blown Brentford and Southampton inexcusably, and Brighton while a decent side absolutely massacred us. I don't know what it needs to take.

This on top of all the dreadful performances last season. 

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're just totally passive in general. Every January we do nothing and think we'll get away with it, and we don't. This summer we've just allowed Southampton to hold us to ransom and done virtually nothing (if we're so hard up, why are we rejecting bids for anybody?). I stress, I am not somebody delusional enough to think we're going to splash £200mil a year, but we're not being sensible, or prudent, we're being completely passive. It's going to get us relegated. How can they just sit there and allow this bloke to do this?

The signings thing is frustrating. There are so many young talents in the championship and even league one. Not every signing has to cost £25mill and 70/80k pw wages but that seems to be the way the club wants to operate now rather than in the way we got where we were in the first place. Sadly the board and Top in particular are going to become increasingly under pressure. Is Top ready for that? Does he think that he is exempt from criticism from the fans due to the past?

• Like 1

It really is a sad state of affairs when a large number of fans actually want us to lose a game!

I wouldn't ever want us to lose a game, and this one in particular because even if we do lose this game Brendan will just say something like "great game, I can't expect too much more from the lads, they are a far superior side to us, because let's face it we are about at our level now after years of over-achieving. Just look at their front line, world class all of them, we got ours from Poundland in the sales, still it's not their fault, it was the fans holding up the strange banners, with "Todgers Out" on them - strange lot, Leicester fans, aren't they? Still, we'll take this 10-0 loss and go again".

The point is, we can lose this game (let's face it, we WILL lose this game), and he won't be sacked, because Spurs are a decent side. The fact that he stayed after the Brighton debacle speaks volumes.

This is now on the board, no matter the result tomorrow if Brendan is still in charge for the F*rest game heads should roll.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Lol, maybe not the best odds example - 5000/1 - in the case of LCFC to illustrate "no chance" but l take you're point.

Incidentally, l think dry toilet paper folds easier that wet!  🤣

Try living in wales. Wet is my only point of reference. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are you quoting posts from April 2021? lol

I'm guessing this guys opinion has changed substantially from then lol

Didn't look at the date, as l actually have a life.  Who cares anyway except pedantic twats !!!1

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Why haven’t Brighton made a move yet? 

Brendan's realized nobody wants him... remember his face last week at the Villa press interview.

He was seething, partly because all the journalists were having a go at him and I think a small part was that he wasn't in the running for the Chelsea job and they were going for Potter.

9 minutes ago, NFPOUT said:

Didn't look at the date, as l actually have a life.  Who cares anyway except pedantic twats !!!1

Mate it really wasn't that deep, relax :schmike:

The only reason I realised was because I couldn't believe that somebody would still have that opinion and then I noticed the date lol

Edited by foxfanazer

46 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I just find it strange that the owners are being so loyal to Rodgers. Why don’t they make a change and keep the club in the premier? Very odd considering the financial implications!!!

Because currently there is a belief that we are 'too good to go down' so at the minute the only realistic financial implications are those involved in sacking Rodgers. 

That'll change if we don't get a win at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because currently there is a belief that we are 'too good to go down' so at the minute the only realistic financial implications are those involved in sacking Rodgers. 

That'll change if we don't get a win at the weekend.

Why would it change though? Why is it any different to being thrashed by Brighton? Go through the pre-match thread in all of our last 4 or 5 games, people have been convinced that it’d be the turning point and said similar things to what you have if we lost in every single one of them and it hasn’t. 

• Like 1