Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why would it change though? Why is it any different to being thrashed by Brighton? Go through the pre-match thread in all of our last 4 or 5 games, people have been convinced that it’d be the turning point and said similar things to what you have if we lost in every single one of them and it hasn’t. 

Because there is an international break after this game, would give the club time to get something sorted. Plus it would be 1 point from 21 form no manager can survive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because there is an international break after this game, would give the club time to get something sorted. Plus it would be 1 point from 21 form no manager can survive.

If he survives that then we should all be turning up outside of the training ground and not leave until he is sacked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://theanalyst.com/2022/08/premier-league-stats-2022-23/

Pretty damning.

Having only had 46 shots from open play, only Bournemouth, Fulham and Villa are worse on 25, 44 and 45 respectively,  

Again it’ll come as no surprise our patterns of play and most possession comes in our own penalty box, our second most highest possession? You’ve guessed it on the edge of our own 18 yard box, CB position - again I didn’t need stats to tell you this but they confirm it.

Atleast this style is sustainable though huh? The way to play football.

image.gif.55b5d9f5d91fa64ecac45f2de9b9c4a9.gif

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

If you lived close and were up for it bud I'd have a £50 bet with you on that, £100 would be a nice night out here in the SW... Sadly, very, very sadly he's going nowhere, unlike our club ⬇️

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pretty damning.

We’re bottom expected goals for, overall:

Having only had 46 shots from open play, only Bournemouth, Fulham and Villa are worse on 25, 44 and 45 respectively, 

We’re bottom (or top whichever way you’d look at it) on expected goals against, overall.

One most definelty doesn’t come as a surprise and I could tell you without the needs of stats, we’re bottom of team sequence styles. 

Again it’ll come as no surprise our patterns of play and most possession comes in our own penalty box, our second most highest possession? You’ve guessed it on the edge of our own 18 yard box, CB position - again I didn’t need stats to tell you this but they confirm it.

Team sequence pressures, bottom….

I have no idea of how to read all this data especially when they leave the teams actual position as is ie we are bottom Arsenal are top as your eyes end up going everywhere to try & work out who's performance stats are above/below etc etc
To my untrained eye we don't look a million miles off Chelsea for instance, are we not better than them on 'xG for' ?

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Pretty damning.

We’re bottom expected goals for, overall:

We’re bottom (or top whichever way you’d look at it) on expected goals against, overall.

One most definelty doesn’t come as a surprise and I could tell you without the needs of stats, we’re bottom of team sequence styles. 

Team sequence pressures, bottom….

We're bottom in all of those tables because they're sorted by league position 

Edited by Guest
  • Haha 1

I wonder if some of the snubs made by Southgate will give the players some hunger or turn them on Brendan, in all honesty I hope they don't find some hunger just yet, wait until he's gone then work hard. Last thing we need is us putting together 3-4 decent results and giving Rodgers another 2-3 months only to find ourselves back where we are now. 

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 17:04, sacreblueits442 said:

...somewhere down the line we are going to find out what it is that has changed at this club!!!

Susan Whelan has as much to do with this as Top, the message regarding "The family" is obviously not filtering down to the people at the sharp end.

image.gif.c67adc743b934dd54bdc11d5b304be2f.gif

It feels like this guy took over the club recently. 

The problem with the logic of him not being sacked after Brighton is that based on that he's here until the end of his contract. Well on the current trajectory I don't even dare think where we'd end up.

If we lose tomorrow that's 6 defeats in a row, 1 point from our opening 7, going into an international break ahead of a run of kind fixtures, the first of which at home to our rivals in the first PL meeting in god knows how long.

If they wouldn't sack in that scenario, frankly, they deserve to be relegated.

• Like 2

I'm in a curious place with this. I find myself feeling happy about a heavy defeat - to Spurs of all teams - if, and only if, it hastens the departure of Rodgers. If he is with us for the duration, then of course I'd rather have any kind of win, the flukier and more shit-housey the better, in order to piss off the fighting cock-wombles. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The problem with the logic of him not being sacked after Brighton is that based on that he's here until the end of his contract. Well on the current trajectory I don't even dare think where we'd end up.

If we lose tomorrow that's 6 defeats in a row, 1 point from our opening 7, going into an international break ahead of a run of kind fixtures, the first of which at home to our rivals in the first PL meeting in god knows how long.

If it isn't the case that we cannot afford to sack him, I'd love to know what is convincing them he can turn things around.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

If it isn't the case that we cannot afford to sack him, I'd love to know what is convincing them he can turn things around.

That chart posted here before comparing Puel and Ranieri’s sacking convinced me we’ve not sacked him since he’s only just at the same level as Puel and Ranieri’s losing streaks. If he survives a Spurs defeat I’ll assume there’s another reason.

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

That chart posted here before comparing Puel and Ranieri’s sacking convinced me we’ve not sacked him since he’s only just at the same level as Puel and Ranieri’s losing streaks. If he survives a Spurs defeat I’ll assume there’s another reason.

I'm totally convinced there is another reason and its not to do with the compensation either.

This silver tongued snake must have kissed the blarney stone a million times, he is worshipped by the sycophants (media) and clearly the board believe his spiel.

As another poster has said if the board dont take positive action after the defeat tomorrow, we (not "they")  deserve to be relegated.

Its not like this present mess is a surprise is it!

Edited by J. James
Additions
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

Credit in the bank. The problem for me is that it's becoming increasingly apparent it was as much due to quality of players above all else. How many managers in this league have lost 5 in a row?

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don’t worry Dan. We’ll be ok when our players are fit. Chocolate Teapot told me so 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

....the people at the ground were convinced that the manager's position was begging to be terminated!!!

The people taking attendance are not there yet, they are nowhere near the point Foxestalk has reached, there is little overt pressure on Rodgers and therefore pressure on Top.

I just wish we were playing 2 games a week to speed this up one way or another. Those saying the board won't get rid of him under any circumstance are obviously wrong, there's not a chance we'd go through the torture of relegation and him stay. I do think the club are going to be very slow to act on this though and that's why games in succession, especially home games are critical for this to be expediated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just wish we were playing 2 games a week to speed this up one way or another. Those saying the board won't get rid of him under any circumstance are obviously wrong, there's not a chance we'd go through the torture of relegation and him stay. I do think the club are going to be very slow to act on this though and that's why games in succession, especially home games are critical for this to be expediated.

But I thought that was why we're in this position in the first place.......oh :unsure: 

• Haha 3

My God if Rodgers manages to turn this all around so many of us are going to have to eat humble pie!

You’d have to say that would be an ideal outcome even though most of us feel like we’ve burnt our bridges with him. 
He’d be even more insufferable though if he did. Would take it though!