Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, J. James said:

I'm totally convinced there is another reason and its not to do with the compensation either.

This silver tongued snake must have kissed the blarney stone a million times, he is worshipped by the sycophants (media) and clearly the board believe his spiel.

As another poster has said if the board dont take positive action after the defeat tomorrow, we (not "they")  deserve to be relegated.

Its not like this present mess is a surprise is it!

If the board are looking at the last 15 games, rather than just the start of thus season, then his stats are only just reaching Ranieri's and Puel's stats before their respective sackings. And it's been pointed out that we also took forever to sack Puel and Ranieri. I'd say you can still make an argument that we've acted in a similar way to how we acted with Ranieri and Puel. If we lose at Spurs and we still don't sack him then I'll come to agree with you.

25 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

My God if Rodgers manages to turn this all around so many of us are going to have to eat humble pie!

You’d have to say that would be an ideal outcome even though most of us feel like we’ve burnt our bridges with him. 
He’d be even more insufferable though if he did. Would take it though! 

More chance of me starting over Harry Maguire this year in Qatar. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just wish we were playing 2 games a week to speed this up one way or another. Those saying the board won't get rid of him under any circumstance are obviously wrong, there's not a chance we'd go through the torture of relegation and him stay. I do think the club are going to be very slow to act on this though and that's why games in succession, especially home games are critical for this to be expediated.

....the club has already stated that they have factored in relegation in their efforts to run the club when they were building Seagrave!!!

Just imagine if this was a player versus club situation, just how do you believe it would play out? It would be exactly as we are seeing right now.

Other Options are:

1. Awaiting a manager who has been identified to become available.

Yes~ that would explain why we have failed to act as we need staff in their positions before the new candidate can come in.

NO - we would not be accepting constant defeats, without showing outward concern (Vote of confidence)

2. Lack of Finance.

Yes - the rumours of big losses and the reduced spending in the recent window would point to that. Rodgers's payoff would be exorbitant

No - the club continue to push forward with the expansion and other projects, we needed bodies to go out as FFP was the real issue.

3. Hoping Rodgers is picked up by another team.

Yes - Rodgers's payoff would be huge and would also include his immediate staff.

No - we surely would not be leaving the club at the mercy of a manager, who does not want to be here and knowing that we do not want him here yet giving him the key to continually undermine the club and its supporters.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

9 hours ago, J. James said:

Lol, maybe not the best odds example - 5000/1 - in the case of LCFC to illustrate "no chance" but l take you're point.

Incidentally, l think dry toilet paper folds easier that wet!  🤣

Yes I know. The reason for the odds was that we had more chance of winning the league than winning this - but I understand your point. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, J. James said:

Nope, or even after shipping 7,8,or 9 at Spurs, its not gonna happen, he will be here until the WC at least because the people who will make the decision do not want him out and they are the only ones who matter.

I think you are right, there are so many reasons to get rid of him, and most have been around for a while.

Parker and Tuchel had no such " luck" with far less long standing reasons for them to be sacked.

The Spurs result will just be met with the same response, the usual nonsense from Rodgers, and silence from those at the "top".

It has been said so many times recently that if we lose this game, or that game, he will go, yet he doesn't !

I am not clear the finance reason stands up any more, surely relegation would cost us a heck of a lot more ?

I can't see the sense in keeping him any longer, just makes it more difficult for the next Manager to get us off the bottom.

Something very strange going on here maybe ?

Are the management just blind to all this ?  are they thinking a Rodgers miracle is just round the corner ?

Edited by itude

last season Norwich conceded 84 goals at 2.2 per game. this season we have conceded 16 goals in 6 games at 2.6 per game (rounded down)

last season we conceded 59 goals only 5 of the bottom six and Newcastle conceded more. We have brought in a set piece coach when perhaps we needed Mourinho's bus.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else just given up? 

Ive reconciled myself to relegation since this man is still in charge. We've gone. Too late to fix now. My only ambition for this season is that red filth comes down with us. 

It’s never too late, we aren’t that far adrift but agree with Rodgers in charge we will get relegated. The sooner he gets sacked the better.

• Like 1

I can't see a defeat at Spurs will in itself be a cause for sacking. The manner of defeat, yes, I could see that but defeat itself? No. There's no disgrace in a battling 2-1 defeat.

I wonder if the board have some kind of metric whereby a certain 'points per game' (or whatever) is used to decide a manager's fate? It's been remarked that Rodgers is in  Ranieri and Puel territory (depending on the timespan you wish to use) - maybe they too triggered that metric? I mean, there must be some objective measure involved in the decision. Like xG etc.

We have to be pretty darned close to that tipping point, if we're not already past it. There's been simply no sign that Rodgers can reverse this. If anything, he seems hell bent on ploughing the same path. I think he's a busted flush on borrowed time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Then why did we? Answer, the smell of money. The clearest indication of our financial plight.

...Chelsea's insistence!!!

We said no on several occasions and they increased their offer, eventually you are in a situation that the price offered becomes favourable and the player, then agitated for the move. He missed two games because his "head was somewhere else," selling him became the only reasonable resolution to the problem. 

If the offer had not come in, he would still have been here.

46 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Then why did we? Answer, the smell of money. The clearest indication of our financial plight.

But isn’t this “The Leicester City” model everyone clambers on about and how we apparently moved away from it causing all the rot?

As if he's still here?

I could handle being cut adrift at the bottom if we were currently blooding Bassey, Sowah, Wright, Maswanhise, etc and it just wasn't quite clicking yet, but we sold 3 of them because Rodger's prefers below-standard jaded old pros to anything with potential. Some kind of bizarre better the devil you know attitude to managing. Depressing.

Anyway, let's hope he gets lucky against Tottenham with some more moments of individual brilliance from Maddison but is still sacked and replaced during the international break as the board had a plan all along and hadn't just deserted us. 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

My only consolation is that, if we do get relegated, Rodgers' reputation will be totally destroyed. LCFC will survive the drop, but he won't.

Honestly he's not worth it. He'll get away with it if he leaves asap, we might not if he stays.

23 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

If he survives that then we should all be turning up outside of the training ground and not leave until he is sacked. 

I think the only thing that would make the board sack him is an empty stadium on match days. Even though season tickets are paid for the sight of rows and blocks of empty seats would focus their minds.

This might have been posted already, but **** me, is this the most protected abd coddled man in football. Bottom of the league and 5 losses in a row and he's being treated as a victim 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

This might have been posted already, but **** me, is this the most protected abd coddled man in football. Bottom of the league and 5 losses in a row and he's being treated as a victim 

I had a very heated debate in a boozer last night with someone who thinks we’ll go down with or without Rodgers. Said that there is no one available who will prevent relegation. He wasn’t a city fan.