Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I had a very heated debate in a boozer last night with someone who thinks we’ll go down with or without Rodgers. Said that there is no one available who will prevent relegation. He wasn’t a city fan.

I would side with your opponent from last night’s argument. Brendan has failed to halt our decline and has failed to instill within us a fighting mentality, and we are stale, tepid and weak, and genuinely feel he has ingrained the right to fail within us, and I get my mistake of condoning the overachieving sentiment, recognise that mindset may be a root cause of our course of accepting failure.

So despite who comes in, the rot will need to be purged and that would not be quick.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would side with your opponent from last night’s argument. Brendan has failed to halt our decline and has failed to instill within us a fighting mentality, and we are stale, tepid and weak, and genuinely feel he has ingrained the right to fail within us, and I get my mistake of condoning the overachieving sentiment, recognise that mindset may be a root cause of our course of accepting failure.

So despite who comes in, the rot will need to be purged and that would not be quick.

I agree. Unless someone comes it with a tough stance. Pearson did that when he came in first time and the rest is history. What the club needs is freshness and a new lease of enthusiasm and determination, new ideas to keep the players on their toes. That comes from the manager. Rodgers, at the moment, isn’t doing any.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

There’s no way anybody can confidently say that this team should be relegated under any manager. It simply isn’t true. More than good enough. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else just given up? 

Ive reconciled myself to relegation since this man is still in charge. We've gone. Too late to fix now. My only ambition for this season is that red filth comes down with us. 

I think as long as he goes after today we will be fine - but this is about the limit

If (when) we lose today we need 39 points from 31 games to reach the magic 40

39 points from 31 games = 1.26 points per game

Over 38 games that gets you 48 points which is about 12th most seasons

We are still thankfully at a point where a new manager coming in and getting us playing at just a mid table level until the end of the season would keep us safe

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yep I agree. We've dithered for far too long and the rot has firmly set in. Still should get rid regardless