Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Right, who was the caller on 606 then? 

He’s a regular. Didn’t necessarily call anyone out tbf, hard to disagree with what he said. 

Classic big media outlets trying to ‘put us in our place’ when anyone has a complaint though. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Having to pick people up on cliche's today.

Weren't people saying this at the last international break?

Did we reassess? Change anything? Improve?

Nope, think it's got worse if anything, can only see that continuing, because nothing changes, we just keep doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

Since the first International break, things did change; we went 433, Maddison and Perez were dropped, Lookman and Soumare came in. So it's unfair to say we haven't tried anything because we changed players, and played 433 in a few games and 352 against Legia. We played 442 today. Nothing has worked, but changes have been tried.

On paper the break could be good. We could settle on one system specifically and practice the shit out of it until we are good with it. Rodgers likes the team to be versatile and able to play many different systems, but this team is bereft of confidence. Stick to one system, go back to basics, be hard to beat, get positioning correct. During Rodgers first summer preseason he was brilliant with the players, they started 19/20 playing at a level much higher than under Puel because of time spent on the training ground. That might be the way to go.

I get that you aren't a fan of his, but he isn't going to be sacked yet. If we were still in this position come January then Top might pull the trigger. But getting rid of Rodgers will be costly, as would bringing in another good manager to replace him. We didn't sell any players this summer and have to pay for stadium / ground improvements. So it's highly likely we stick with him.

Edited by StriderHiryu

I just knew it was going to go end bad when he took Kelechi off. We were struggling to hold them out but taking Kelechi off just handed the initiative to Palace.

With two up front we could force them to keep two or more defenders back.

I don't agree with Brendan's assessment that Kelechi is only a Striker, He has more to his game if given an extended run in the Team.

These are the decisions a frightened Manager makes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Having to pick people up on cliche's today.

Weren't people saying this at the last international break?

Did we reassess? Change anything? Improve?

Nope, think it's got worse if anything, can only see that continuing, because nothing changes, we just keep doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

I’m not saying that it will fix anything, I’m just saying that it’s come at a much needed period for us.

You seemed to ignore the rest of the sentence. If nothing improves after the international break then he’s staring down a barrel. 

I’m not willing to go all out negative on him just yet, I don’t think we’ve reached that period, I said elsewhere that I’d give him till the Brentford game, the period from Palace to then will tell us a lot about him and our team, we’ve started that period in shitty fashion, if that continues over our next three games, then a change might be needed.

We’re missing our equivalent of Van Dijk, Gomez/Matip, Robertson and Fabinho in terms of positioning and importance to the team. Take that group out of Liverpool, and they would be up against it, as the previous season showed. 

That said, the manager is paid big money and found solutions last season. 

The international break has come at a good time for us so he can focus on finding a tactical solution, and hopefully we get players back in the next few weeks. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I really can’t see Rodgers being anywhere close to the sack at this point in time, but who do people think we would target if it did happen? 

Not a chance will Rodgers lose his job any time soon in my opinion. We'd have to be in this form until about March I reckon.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I really can’t see Rodgers being anywhere close to the sack at this point in time, but who do people think we would target if it did happen? 

Looks like Brendan Rodgers wants a quick escape with a sack , I say let him stay keep us up .  In the summer let him go , and we could if we can get Tomas Frank .  Bags of heart and intelligence . He’s showing greater promise than previous newly promoted managers .  Get in quick before Spurs snap him up .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Thought Hamza was playing well, off he goes and then concede. Iheanacho playing well, off he goes and we concede. 

I have never rated Rodgers' subs throughout his time here. It's one thing I think he constantly gets wrong.

Hamza was doing well, as was Iheanacho. Two stupid subs, at stupid times, for me.

• Like 1

We won't know how bad things are until we get our first choice back line back from injuries. At the moment the distribution out of the back is not just pitiful. Lurch clearances are gentle headers or lobs straight back to the opposition. Schmeichel kicks out to touch almost every time like he's practicing for a switch to Rugby Union some time soon. So the midfield isn't utilised going forward and is really slow going backwards, meaning without big Wilf we are exposed. With no midfield there is precious little need for attack. So sort the back with Justin, little Wes and Evans all back and playing properly with Soyu with Timmy and Ricardo doing the wing back to marauder roles and then we will know just how bad things have become.

The Southampton pair thought, what a pair. Nightmare on the park every time. Absolute scare fest.

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I can see the logic with wanting to put another midfielder on at the time though and trying to control possession a bit more, but it just didn’t work.

Leaving two strikers probably would have been a better decision in hindsight, I was thinking he could have used Daka’s pace for Kel to try and scare the back line if it had to be him hooked.  Wasn’t the right game for Maddison to come into. 

Yes in some games that's an option, But today they were crushing us. Kelchi has proved to me anyway with his pace and skill that he can play a midfield role if needed as well as providing an attacking threat. He knows his angles and can use the channels well.

Maddison at his best then maybe but not in his current form. He was never going to be physical enough to stem the tide.

What we needed was to keep them as far away from our box as possible. 

Daka certainly would have been a better choice to spread their defence with Vardy and Daka''s pace and Kelechi supporting them.

I think Brendan possibly thought Daka ran himself out on Thursday and needed a rest.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I have never rated Rodgers' subs throughout his time here. It's one thing I think he constantly gets wrong.

Hamza was doing well, as was Iheanacho. Two stupid subs, at stupid times, for me.

Does it mean,like some others , all of you know better..?

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Does it mean,like some others , all of you know better..?

Do I know better than a football manager? No.

Am I a member of a forum to discuss what the manager does? Yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's not covering himself in glory despite the injuries.

However, he more than deserves time to get through this patch of poor performances based on what he has achieved most of the time here 

If we're still in the same boat in early December that's when I think the question really needs asking.

3rd coming of the cult of Pearsonality???

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do I know better than a football manager? No.

Am I a member of a forum to discuss what the manager does? Yes

Is it  to criticise without Throwing in your own ideas, and Show & prove they would make any difference....

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Kopfkino

He said today “the types of players we have sometimes doesn’t allow us to keep the ball as much as we’d like”. So why the heck do we persist with a style of football that relies on controlling a game by keeping the ball? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He said today “the types of players we have sometimes doesn’t allow us to keep the ball as much as we’d like”. So why the heck do we persist with a style of football that relies on controlling a game by keeping the ball? 

Also hes had three windows to address that? A very odd comment.