Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Ok ok let's get serious.

BR deserves more time, under CR we looked like a team going down and rightly so he was sacked.

I think we are not looking like a team that will go down with BR but a team who will finish mid table.

BR has been unlucky this season, with injuries and the Youri contract still ongoing.

Just keep us up BR, that's all I ask from you lad.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Who was the manager when we were looking at being champions league? Do you think that was just luck and then his incompetence ruined it at the end? 

Getting 5th is an achievement for this club. 

Apart from the top 4, which other teams had a better squad? If Rodgers was provided with the 5th strongest squad in the league, which he arguably was, then finishing 5th was par for the course.

22 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Ok ok let's get serious.

BR deserves more time, under CR we looked like a team going down and rightly so he was sacked.

I think we are not looking like a team that will go down with BR but a team who will finish mid table.

BR has been unlucky this season, with injuries and the Youri contract still ongoing.

Just keep us up BR, that's all I ask from you lad.

The owners won’t be happy with that though, going from Europe to keeping us up? After spending £100m on a training ground and proposed new stadiums expansions?

our owners targets would have been. Pressure the top four and it’s quite clear that isn’t happening. 

Ar the end of the day the people who run this club are ruthless, of form does not improve, they will consider getting rid regardless of what is fans think, I don’t want him to go and we’re not quite there yet, but the worry is we’re losing to teams we absolutely should be beating if we want to finish in the top 6. And it simply isn’t good enough, and the longer it goes on he will be in trouble. 

Im still hopeful he will turn it around, but today was really a shambolic effort both on and off the pitch, it really isn’t looking very good for us at all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Apart from the top 4, which other teams had a better squad? If Rodgers was provided with the 5th strongest squad in the league, which he arguably was, then finishing 5th was par for the course.

It's that easy. 

• Like 1

It seems to me that there is a malaise throughout the whole squad; Youri, Wilf, Cags, Ricky P, Maddison, Castagne, Barnes are shadows of the players they were not so long ago. They look totally devoid of confidence and belief. Even when we went two-up today, in no way did they look like a side that expected to go on and win; the lack of belief was palpable with every mis-placed pass, every challenge lost. People are saying how shit the Southamton pair are but if we'd just signed Youri et al we'd be saying the same of them. That's how bad it is. And Rodgers looks like a man lost for ideas on how to change things. He looks as broken as the rest of them.

I'm wondering if the last two seasons late collapses has broken them mentally? I know we won the Cup but the league still had games to play, so instead of finishing the season on the high of a Cup win, we finished on a low for the second season running, and in the same hugely disappointing manner.

I think the owners will be watching the manner of our performances as closely as they are the results; it's one thing to be having results go against us but they'll want to see us competing at least. They are not seeing that at the moment, and I don't think they'll give Rodgers quite as much time as some of you suggest. Sure, there would be a financial cost to that but a drop in the ocean compared to relegation.

Relegation is not an option for them and if they reach the conclusion that it's even a possibility, I believe they'll pull the trigger.

• Thanks 1

The new AussiGreek Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou seems to be doing wonders for them, really lifted the team spirit since he came in. I've read the players are playing great attacking football and he's really liked by them, he bought in new ideas that the players have taken in. Would really like him here when Brendan moves on

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The new AussiGreek Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou seems to be doing wonders for them, really lifted the team spirit since he came in. I've read the players are playing great attacking football and he's really liked by them, he bought in new ideas that the players have taken in. Would really like him here when Brendan moves on

1501877151_Screenshot_20211003-212152_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.1e470d3f7aa4969ce2e34cbd83b70fad.jpg 6th in a two horse race is some going 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

This is such a comical post, are you saying that Iheanacho would’ve backed up Bertrand and stopped that goal? 

No, I am saying it was an unnecessary disruption. Just let them carry on as they were. He was playing well and may well have grabbed us a third if the chance came. Just like Choudhury going off, it messed us about. Rather Rodgers sat on his subs a bit longer this time. 

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You cannot be serious? Please explain..

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's the football that Ange Postecoglou is making Celtic play, attacking football with movement and pace, which insists in every match, by the way they won today, Furuhashi scored seems like a great buy

Are you doing this on purpose?

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

"Doing wonders" in a league that the current manager, who isn't good enough for us, won comfortably three times in three years.

Tbf it was a 1 horse race when he was in charge haha

Edited by filbertway
  • Thanks 1

I see similarities to how Wolves did with Nuno in charge. Correct me if I’m wrong but they finished 7th twice and then last season finished 13th or 14th. I see us finishing mid table. Some on here calling for him to go and genuinely not suggesting anyone better or realistic. Conte would never come here and Potter isn’t the answer. Rodgers deserves more time. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

I’m not even gonna engage in this Brendan out discussion as I personally think it’s nonsense at this stage. I accept that we have had a number of spells where the football hasn’t been great and we’ve managed to get by (e.g. back end of both of the previous seasons). Throughout that time we had various injuries to key players which must have contributed. 

What is worrying me now though is that Rodgers doesn’t seem to know his best 11 or shape. We need to come back after the international break with a clear view of how we want to play, what formation / setup and (injuries permitting) what our starting 11 should be. He seems to be tinkering every game and it can’t be good for getting us into a rhythm. 

Good post. The more I hear him speak the less I'm reassured. The only answer is Jonny Evans apparently.

He must be able to get a tune out of vestergaard and soyuncu. Vestergaard can play, just not in the way we're playing at the moment.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Get Evan, Fofana and Justin fit we are a different side. 

I like to think it's down to that too, but one thing that hasn't been mentioned is how many penalties we got the last few seasons through direct running, committing defenders by turning them the other way. Other than the Charity Shield, we haven't had a single penalty this season or even any real shouts that I can remember. We are a different team to the one which was hovering around the top 4 even though we've not sold anyone.

• Like 3

I'm massively fvcked off. When Brendan started I thought he was a god. Now I think he's a strange stubborn little man with dodgy false teeth. Just win a few matches, get the players playing, and I will deify him again. (I'm very fickle - it's part of the joy of football for me. I can be incredible fickle about parts of the team whilst being totally loyal. It's a funny old game)

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 2

Guest Col city fan

It’s a good job Rodgers has a lot of credit in the bank with LCFC

If he’d joined the club at the start of this season as a relative unknown, given the signings he made in the summer and how we are playing, I think most of us, being honest, would be showing him the door.