Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Defeats against Arsenal, Chelsea, man utd and Spurs. You'd probably expect that more often than not. But the manner of all them defeats aren't good enough. Then you add in Brighton. 

Even if we'd seen it through against Brentford and Southampton, he would still be deserving of the sack 

18 minutes ago, Foxandfolly said:

This says it all.

He is responsible. He was happy to be called an “elite coach” with The FA cup win, and the 5th place finishes. He is responsible now, all of it.

He is finished. Imo, not just here. No top English club would take him now. He’s lost his way massively. 

84364F3D-2AF0-4687-8E9C-ADB0AD2B7FF7.png

Good lord that is horrific. Has to go.

I don't come here very often now. i used to support BR for longer than i should but i wanted him gone way back when he refused to play Cengis Unger  and kept persisting with Perez. I realised then that in a profession not noted for intellectual  giants we had a dwarf..Imo the club should consult an expert in employment law as I'd hate to see him getting any form of payoff.( I think he's got the neck to take it) but there must be some way to get rid of an incompetent without paying him off.in any job surely. The rest of the clubs would be so grateful if we showed how it was done. I remember campaigning for post after post for action on our defensive and attacking set pieces including corners  and today 4 years later we're still conceding from corners despite the' expert' opinion 'that no one scored from corners.Every one scores from corners when they play us. A manager who has n't sorted that in several seasons should be long gone.Its so basic. Incidentally I'm puzzled by the lack of enthusiasm for Sean Dyche. A man who kept Burnley up for season after season seems exactly what we need. With the players we have I think Dyche would take us to a midtable finish at least. Ndidi and others are basically still the same guys who stood up and performed wonders when we could hardly muster a team for injuries. Surely Dyche is the man who could get the whole team playing to their potential which even now might mean a top 10 finish.and after listening to Rogers it would be an incredible pleasure to listen to a straight talker who didn't demand a fortune in salary, Then he'd surely deserve a second season and maybe more to follow We still need another few seasons in the Premier league without some of the mistakes of the Rodgers era. and by then Kasper might be ready to manage. i think he'd be good and surely he'd take a job back in the PL with a club he loved. Mind you if we're still in the Pl in say 6-7 years I would n't begrudge a decent bonus for SD maybe Kasper could learn the trade under SD.

I know I'm a dreamer but so were the guys who hired Claudio and even maybe the guys at Forest who gave Brian Clough a job, and look how that worked out. Maybe Sean Dyche is n't smooth enough for some at the King Power. They probably would have thought Guy Roux was n't smooth enough either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No. Because he's mediocre - poor

Which is fair comment, but nothing to do with being a merrygoround manager that jumps from job to job.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd take him over Rodgers as things stand.

I'd take a wet paper bag over Rodgers as things stand though.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

There comes a point when 'Brand Brendan' can't allow this to continue for the sake damaging of his ego, reputation and 'respect' within the game.

As someone else said a few pages back it feels like Top is staring him out to see who makes the first move in order to save a few million.

It's a game of poker but it feels like it's getting to the point where Top needs to fold.

That's the only thing that might work in our favour here. If we were just getting unlucky then he could get paid off and walk into another job but with us getting spanked regularly now Brand Brendan is also taking a hiding so maybe, just maybe it can reduce the settlement 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

This sounded a bit different in tone to me compared to some of the others. He won’t resign of course, but his tone felt like he’s expecting something to happen

603D7943-5D2F-4404-AB9B-E6D4419B8936.jpeg

We can but hope. 🙏

I expect he's just ramping up his sack me pleas. He keeps saying things he knows embarrasses the board and makes them look weak if they don't pull the trigger and then when they don't sack him keeps upping the gears.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Which is fair comment, but nothing to do with being a merrygoround manager that jumps from job to job.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd take him over Rodgers as things stand.

I'd take a wet paper bag over Rodgers as things stand though.

But it's a large part of what our owners don't look at. Just because he doesn't hit every marker in what we don't look for doesn't make the statement any less true? 

There can’t be a single supporter who wants him in the job. I can’t believe it’s been allowed to get to the point where fans of the club genuinely hate the manager.

Unprecedented, and absolutely inexcusable.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Why not before Monday?

The whole country is about to come to a standstill. As a mark of respect I doubt the club will do it in the next 24 hours. Might be wrong but just a hunch.  

14 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

That's the only thing that might work in our favour here. If we were just getting unlucky then he could get paid off and walk into another job but with us getting spanked regularly now Brand Brendan is also taking a hiding so maybe, just maybe it can reduce the settlement 

I've been saying since the summer that we'll be trying to settle this with a mutual agreement.

He doesn't want to be here, we don't want him to be here.

Mutual agreement: He walks away with money in his bank, ego and reputation intact (Although it's started to be damaged - media are slowly waking up from a coma and seeing it for what it is) and we get rid for significantly less than it'd cost to sack him = Everyone's a winner.

I still say we wrote this season off before it even started by playing this charade though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1