Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

But it's a large part of what our owners don't look at. Just because he doesn't hit every marker in what we don't look for doesn't make the statement any less true? 

I’m probably being pedantic but the bottom line is Sean Dyche is not a mediocre- crap manager that jumps from job to job in the same way a right hand drive Nissan Micra isn’t a shit car that’s left hand drive. 

Just now, StevieH said:

I said last season that he would be given 10 games. He has 3 games to turn this around. The display tonight showed me that the players haven't thrown in the towel it's just bad mistakes costing us. The fixtures have been tough. I honestly think he will be given 3 games to turn it around. Schmeichel has been a massive loss out of Rodgers control. Ward not up to it and this feeds through to the backline.

How good would the next 3 games have to be to make you think he's up to the task? Can we afford to throw away games against Forest, Bournemouth, and Palace?

Claude Puel's final game we lost to Crystal Palace with the match kicking off at 5:30pm on Saturday 23rd February

Puel was announced as sacked at 10:30am on Sunday 24th February - the next day

If they are going to do it I see no reason as to why they couldn't or shouldn't announce it tomorrow morning

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StevieH said:

I said last season that he would be given 10 games. He has 3 games to turn this around. The display tonight showed me that the players haven't thrown in the towel it's just bad mistakes costing us. The fixtures have been tough. I honestly think he will be given 3 games to turn it around. Schmeichel has been a massive loss out of Rodgers control. Ward not up to it and this feeds through to the backline.

Stevie he cant turn it tound.  Points dont matter.  He is a cv..nt.  he is no leader that we or the players can get behind. He has shown us what he is.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

They will be sorting out a replacement, a few stipulation. Has to be a free transfer so someone who recently got the sack. Has to be on the cheap seeing BR will still be being paid out. Has to be ripe for a player manager role, step up Sharky.

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Don't know whether to laugh, cry or bang my head against a wall at this.

So he was given 10 games, we're 7 into that and doing terrible but 3 games would turn this round, really?!

We're all entitled to our opinions though.

Edited by Matt

The wife just asked me why the board don't just sack him (her knowledge of football isn't the greatest) 

Informed her that they would have to pay him 10+ million if we do

She genuinely nearly spat her tea out and couldn't get her head around how you can be paid so much money when your getting sacked 

Me and her both 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

Schmeichel knew what was coming and didn't trust Roger's anymore.

It was a shock to everyone when he left so I thought then something wasn't right in the dressing room.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Not a scooby

I apologise - I'm a Liverpool supporter who hasn't seen many of your games lately but just wanted to ask a few questions.

Does your team take to the pitch and often look like they're plying with each other for the first time?

And whenever there's a few bad results do you start the next game with completely different tactics?

For me when he came in he had my full backing. We had some bad results but there was a noticeable style of play yet in the following years he discarded the long term plan to implement his style of play and just changed tactics until he found something that work - and he stuck with until we had a few bad results which started the random changes of tactics all over again.

And I'm not here just to try and insult him. I'm honestly curious to see if he's repeating the same mistakes over again because when things started to go wrong at Liverpool on or focus we had fans from places lik Reading asking the same types of questions that I'm asking now...

8 minutes ago, Monk said:

The whole country is about to come to a standstill. As a mark of respect I doubt the club will do it in the next 24 hours. Might be wrong but just a hunch.  

Surely given that we don't have a game for two weeks the longer you leave it the more chance you have of him resigning, like others have said put him on gardening leave until the world cup, and if results improve surely we are in a better position to negotiate a smaller pay off?

3 minutes ago, copunk said:

The wife just asked me why the board don't just sack him (her knowledge of football isn't the greatest) 

Informed her that they would have to pay him 10+ million if we do

She genuinely nearly spat her tea out and couldn't get her head around how you can be paid so much money when your getting sacked 

Me and her both 🤣

Hope she doesn’t ask you about vestergaard……

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’m probably being pedantic but the bottom line is Sean Dyche is not a mediocre- crap manager that jumps from job to job in the same way a right hand drive Nissan Micra isn’t a shit car that’s left hand drive. 

Hes a shit to mediocre manager though. Which is my point. 

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

What dross