Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He wants to be fired. I think he's tired of being here abd just wants his payout abd move on. The idiots in the media will continue to defend him saying be hasn't been backed, but will fail to mention he's spent over £200m in 3 seasons, and his main 11 are mostly the 11 Puel played.

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I don't think it was anywhere near this bad under Puel. 

I think the Newport FA Cup R3 defeat for all the nation to see killed it for Puel and the team never really recovered from that until, ironically Rodgers came along! Also Puel's dropping Vardy a month or so later was the final nail in the coffin, as well as the five match losing streak in the Prem. of course but as you say, he did bring stability after the Ranieri 'mark two' and the shaky Shakespeare period! - while his legacy (re his signings) stood us in good stead for the following two seasons. However this predicament we're now in (taking the lead, playing well for a time to match/better the opposition but then capitulating to lose heavily for two games on the bounce), really is worse though by far - and is only likely to end one way. This is the worst top flight start since we lost 7 in a row in 1983/84 under Gordon Milne but under him we then recovered to finish 15th and had players in their prime like Lineker, Alan Smith and Lynex of course as well as solid defenders like Bob Hazell - and mostly Wallington in goal. Can you see us finishing 15th as we did in 1984 in the top flight? At this point I can't! 

48 minutes ago, ttfn said:

This is exactly it, Rodgers has played his cards brilliantly, he’s got the club over a barrel to the extent that it’s a genuine financial wrench to sack him for gross underperformance. Top has to accept this, we’ve been played.

Top gave him the contract he has to pay the due fees to sack him, just stick him on gardening leave and its done.

• Like 1

It’s like Groundhog Day with this guy. Same result. Week after week. We all swear he’s surely gone now, only to see the club trot him back out, each week, and the process repeats. 

At this point, I’d accept Ted Lasso.  Not Jesse Marsch, but actual Ted Lasso. Jason Sudeikis playing his role of Ted Lasso, but actually coaching LCFC. It certainly wouldn’t be any worse than the comedy we’re all currently watching week after week. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He will be out the door like a shot when Top pays up - in full. 

We don't have to pay him off. As the poster above says, just relieve him.of his duties on full pay.

Then when another job gets offered to him and he fancies it, surely inside 12 months, we release him (or even demand compensation!)

28 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

There's a danger here of Top being asleep at the wheel. He has to do the right thing, there are no excuses now and there's no time to waste. We are in a desperate position and I'm surprised the decision to fire Brendan has not been made already. 

Top and he shallow purse is also part of the problem. Doesn’t seem too keen to spend money when needed. Whether it’s money for players or payouts for Rogers, wake up Top.