Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Paninistickers said:

We don't have to pay him off. As the poster above says, just relieve him.of his duties on full pay.

Then when another job gets offered to him and he fancies it, surely inside 12 months, we release him (or even demand compensation!)

Is there a precedent for that , I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Honestly,  Conte was playing pure anti football today. We'd beaten them if we had a competent coach who could organise a defence. 

utter nonsense. Conte made all the right calls at the right times, his changes changed it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Project ‘protect my own back’ has done a sterling job of keeping most of the country on his side and making us out to be the problem and not him. 

Utter c***.

Players still defending him in the press though interestingly. Maddison had his back and praised him after todays game 

13 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

It’s like Groundhog Day with this guy. Same result. Week after week. We all swear he’s surely gone now, only to see the club trot him back out, each week, and the process repeats. 

At this point, I’d accept Ted Lasso.  Not Jesse Marsch, but actual Ted Lasso. Jason Sudeikis playing his role of Ted Lasso, but actually coaching LCFC. It certainly wouldn’t be any worse than the comedy we’re all currently watching week after week. 

It is as you describe. The question surely now is not whether or not he should go, but why have those at the "top" not done it by now ?.

The financial argument simply doesn't hold water any longer with relegation being a real possibility now.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I am sure there have been managers on "garden leave", it is not that rare!!!

Steve Bruce in 2001 and Alan Pardew in 2003.

Just a thought 

the owners made a big thing this summer of having players on big contracts and potentially not being involved in the first team squad 

Putting the coach on gardening leave earning 180k/week would seem hypothetical in that context. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

If he's not removed by tomorrow afternoon then the owners deserve some serious stick. 

It's gone beyond BR now. 

Where the **** are the leaders of this club????? 

If they’ve decided then every chance they leave it until Tuesday 

no one supposed to be training this week - will make no difference 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Will make a big difference to the fans

They should be in tomorrow, all ****ing day using these amazing facilities to learn how to ****ing defend 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I can't decide whether he's strengthening or weakening his hand as a result of the club's hesitancy. On the one hand, Brand Brendan is taking a beating. On the other, he increasingly knows that the club have to fire him, which means that there's little point in him accepting a reduced settlement on mutual terms. Either a job he fancies comes up, or the board pay up.

The fact that he's alienated players, reprimanded fans and pointed the finger at the board (as questionable as they may have been over the course of this) suggests that he's not particularly averse to being shown the door.

The media coverage, on TV at least, has been substandard. I never thought much of the Sky, BT etc. panels, but I've been taken aback by the lack of knowledge and analysis. You don't need expertise to see that this isn't simply a case of an accomplished manager experiencing a bad blip. This is someone who has publicly undermined his own team's chance of success in order to avoid assuming responsibility. Who has made some of the most baffling decisions, between as well as during games, that I've seen in many years, and created an environment of despondency and unrest. Who has suffered the worst start of any team to a season at this level in almost six decades, and with a side with a top-half wage burden and the best training facilities in the country.

It's a shame that someone who has achieved so much will be leaving under such a cloud, though it's not the first time that this has happened with Brendan. The saddest thing is that while I've questioned the capability of many managers - managers who aren't fit to grace the same planet as Rodgers - I honestly can't remember ever having questioned the professionalism of a boss, or his desire to win matches.

The media coverage you refer to - today they had Wes Morgan on Sky. No offence to Wes but he was a player under Rodgers and so was never going to be critical.

However - after I could see he was swinging in his chair, clear sign he was uncomfortable. I'd say he knows what is happening but knew he couldn't say anything.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Agreed on it making no difference in terms of training etc but the fans deserve this to be done asap 

• Like 1