Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, st albans fox said:

Just a thought 

the owners made a big thing this summer of having players on big contracts and potentially not being involved in the first team squad 

Putting the coach on gardening leave earning 180k/week would seem hypothetical in that context. 

...did you mean hypocritical....!!!

Being on garden leave will most likely lead to a lower pay out of severance, or someone comes in for him and we get compensated.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If they’ve decided then every chance they leave it until Tuesday 

no one supposed to be training this week - will make no difference 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Will make a big difference to the fans

They should be in tomorrow, all ****ing day using these amazing facilities to learn how to ****ing defend 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Agreed on it making no difference in terms of training etc but the fans deserve this to be done asap 

Correct, just the mood and aura surrounding the club would be lifted, we’d be able to breath again.

Just now, adam1 said:

The media coverage you refer to - today they had Wes Morgan on Sky. No offence to Wes but he was a player under Rodgers and so was never going to be critical.

However - after I could see he was swinging in his chair, clear sign he was uncomfortable. I'd say he knows what is happening but knew he couldn't say anything.

Yeah, I watched that about half an hour ago on Youtube. He basically said 'I liked the guy, I'd like it to work out for him... but maybe it's already a case of 'when' it happens'. I can understand why Wes would say that, much like I can understand Fuchs' comments recently. They'll both be grateful for him extending their careers, and take the view that the easiest way out of all this is for Rodgers to start getting results.

The dressing room itself is probably much more divided; between those who credit Rodgers with furthering their cause and those who have either been alienated, or who are confused by his decision-making.

Most of the media coverage, though, has been ill-informed tripe of the Sherwood variety. The written press and radio have been slow to cotton on, but at least there seems to be a developing consensus that Rodgers should perhaps have done less finger-pointing, and adopted a more positive attitude towards doing his job properly. It's frankly insulting to any Leicester fan with half a brain if a supposed expert fails to recognise this, regardless of whether you happen to be Rodgers In (if that's still a thing) or Rodgers Out.

Sacking him now would only play into the media's hands as they'd slate the club for doing it while the queen's lying in state/funeral is going on. Personally I couldn't give a fck if it's now or Tuesday but it cannot go on any longer and I'm past caring about who replaces him or how much it costs to get rid, he's an absolute weasel who is destroying our club! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It actually hurt watching him look in agony himself on the touchline today.

Make no mistake, whatever happens to Rodgers here in the coming weeks, this is almost as catastrophic as what happened to Ranieri. Why it seems that either modern era football or us in general but things have to get quite so horrifying I don't know but this is enough to give anyone the willies, it's not even funny.

How apt that a performance away at Tottenham where there was so many passages of play and chances that ought to have seen us get something out of this game and yet we ended up battered is a scary resemblance to that last few weeks of Claude Puel. 

How has it got to this? Some of us have been vilified for being too reactionary and unreasonable about someone who had done so well for us, we were mocked that we were delusional and yet I so badly wish we had been all of that and that we weren't witnessing disaster and heartbreak. We are fcuked right now, we are gone. I don't see us turning this around, without strong ownership and I've lost all faith in Aiyawatt and the board he employs.

I blame them as much as Brendan, I'm furious they've done what they've done. Now swallow your pride and make the ruthless decisions needed to save a multi billion pound business because otherwise they are about to witness massive failure.

If they fail to act now there is a serious risk of people re-evaluating the club's leadership. A win against Forest might alleviate things in the short-term, but I can't see us sustaining an upturn in form under BR. All a win would achieve is to prolong the problem, instead of giving a new face the chance to use it as a springboard.

Personally, I came to the opinion a few games before the end of last season that we needed to move Rodgers on - above all, if the infamous 'rebuild' were to happen. When it didn't happen, I understood the decision to continue with him, but fully expected there to be a management crisis in the early months of the season. I didn't expect it to be this soon, or this severe.

I know you've argued strongly for him to go for a long time. For most of us, it's more a case of seeing with hindsight that the board should have acted sooner. I just about understood their decisions at the time (mainly because I didn't expect the manager to take such an active role in undermining us) - right up until the Brighton defeat, where I thought it became a matter of urgency for him to leave.

Any further delay and I dread to think where this will end up, because this situation is getting harder and harder with each day to turn around. And it's boring to say this. I feel like I'm not saying anything insightful or interesting. It's just obvious.

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sacking him now would only play into the media's hands as they'd slate the club for doing it while the queen's lying in state/funeral is going on. Personally I couldn't give a fck if it's now or Tuesday but it cannot go on any longer and I'm past caring about who replaces him or how much it costs to get rid, he's an absolute weasel who is destroying our club! 

Doing tomorrow wouldn’t cause any media problems. Monday of course feels a bit iffy. If they know he’s going then announce it asap. At the very least it means the 99% of fans can move on. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Had Rodgers left a couple of months ago he would have left with the fondness that we hold for MON, Pearson and Claudio. Now he will be remembered as this generation's Peter Taylor. Sad. 

Disagree, Brendan has never truly had the adoration of the fans for some reason. 
Has less of a natural relationship with the fans than those above even with the Fa cup win 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Doing tomorrow wouldn’t cause any media problems. Monday of course feels a bit iffy. If they know he’s going then announce it asap. At the very least it means the 99% of fans can move on. 

I guess the media will back him and slate us no.matter what so yeh im past caring and just want him gone now! 

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I guess the media will back him and slate us no.matter what so yeh im past caring and just want him gone now! 

It’s now gone way beyond the media slating us. I don’t think there is a single pundit who, although would be disappointed, isn’t expecting this. 

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree, Brendan has never truly had the adoration of the fans for some reason. 
Has less of a natural relationship with the fans than those above even with the Fa cup win 

This is true and I always quite liked him to be fair and never understood animosity towards him from some of our fans and fans of other clubs but he's started to show his true colours over the past few months and the hatred of so many football fans towards him is becoming understandable. Didnt think I could hate a manager that brought us our first fa Cup but his actions, comments, demeanour and basically everything about him over the past few months has been utterly disgusting. I can accept bad results but his mouth is repulsive! 

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Its the lack of accountability that has always been my problem with him. Find it hard to trust someone who isn't willing to hold their hands up and admit fault

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

At the end of the game the players lined up in fromt of the away end and took the abuse on the chin. Brendan stood 20 yards behind them all for all for 5 seconds then turned around and went back to the changing room.

That sums the spinless little toad up for me.

Evans did the same as Brendan. For a club captain I don’t think he’s really stepped up. Seen him do one post match interview this season and showing zero leadership on the pitch. Disappointing. 

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Think he has superseded Taylor 

Well that's just ridiculous, there is literally no comparison between the two at all. Yes we are horrid this season, but at least we have won things and had two great seasons under Rodgers. Taylor bought Akinbiyi, replaced Lennon with Lee Marshall and never achieved anything at all here.

• Like 2