Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Evans did the same as Brendan. For a club captain I don’t think he’s really stepped up. Seen him do one post match interview this season and showing zero leadership on the pitch. Disappointing. 

Totally agree and he's been as shite as the rest of them, no leadership no balls, those cringey 5 yard slow passes into midfielders are dreadful, Madders would have been a better choice of captain.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sacking him now would only play into the media's hands as they'd slate the club for doing it while the queen's lying in state/funeral is going on. Personally I couldn't give a fck if it's now or Tuesday but it cannot go on any longer and I'm past caring about who replaces him or how much it costs to get rid, he's an absolute weasel who is destroying our club! 

Didn't the king fire a load of his own staff while the church service was taking place? If he can do it...

It's an inverted version of wondering which day over Christmas is best for dumping someone. But I don't think there would be much commotion. Was it appropriate to celebrate goals today? Was it appropriate to chant 'You're Getting Sacked In The Morning'? Some hysterical hack might well complain, but it'll get drowned out by all the other hysteria. Sack Brendan now. Call it a Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sacking, if you like (apparently she was herself very intolerant of incompetence).

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well that's just ridiculous, there is literally no comparison between the two at all. Yes we are horrid this season, but at least we have won things and had two great seasons under Rodgers. Taylor bought Akinbiyi, replaced Lennon with Lee Marshall and never achieved anything at all here.

If this is the road to relegation from a team that won the league 6 years ago and FA cup 2 years ago. Think he is and will be a lot more disliked than Taylor 

Just now, filbertway said:

****ing hell steve, lay of the newcy browns lad. We've played a spasticated Man U and Chelsea and got 1 point from Brentford and Southampton at home lol 

Our worst fans are the ones that make apologies for this awful manager. If you're pro Rodgers at this point you should lose all access to the stadium and club media.

Not all fans have the same level of anger or the strongest opinions but doesn't mean they are less of a fan.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

If this is the road to relegation from a team that won the league 6 years ago and FA cup 2 years ago. Think he is and will be a lot more disliked than Taylor 

I'm sorry I just cannot agree. How would anyone be more disliked than Taylor? He signed Dennis Wise for fvcks sake! He alienated the likes of Elliott and signed the likes of Junior Lewis, Lee Marshall, Matt Jones and Akinbiyi. There was no success or even a hint of it. Rodgers three seasons 5th 5th and 8th, FA cup and Shield. This season ( and some of last season) has been a disaster, but you can't compare him with Taylor at all.

Just now, filbertway said:

Agreed, as long as they're not saying it's good. People like @fuchsntf would have us living in the stone age because they hate progress and ambition

Well let's not call out individuals. We are all fans of the club and want the best for the club, we all have opinions and not all will be the same. Sometimes a calmer approach is needed on this forum. (I should know I've been banned enough times)

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I'm sorry I just cannot agree. How would anyone be more disliked than Taylor? He signed Dennis Wise for fvcks sake! He alienated the likes of Elliott and signed the likes of Junior Lewis, Lee Marshall, Matt Jones and Akinbiyi. There was no success or even a hint of it. Rodgers three seasons 5th 5th and 8th, FA cup and Shield. This season ( and some of last season) has been a disaster, but you can't compare him with Taylor at all.

Taylor didn't have the resources this man does, we were punching above our weight in that time!  We are worse now than i can remember in my life time (I'm 50), we just have no desire from top (no pun intended) to bottom.  And considering all the resource and success of recent years, this makes it all the more unacceptable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

For general dislike you can.

Your also comparing chalk and cheese

one was a manager from the lower leagues, Southend, Dover and Gilingham expectations were lower.

The other was the former manager of Liverpool and Celtic and fourth highest paid manager in the league at the time of appointment with players on huge salaries in comparison relative to the time.

What do you think was expected by the Club of Rogers when he was paid the 4th highest salary in the league?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree, Brendan has never truly had the adoration of the fans for some reason. 
Has less of a natural relationship with the fans than those above even with the Fa cup win 

He’s never bigged us up as a club though, when he first joined he always spent far longer talking about how great the opposition was, even when we were the better side. He’d always underestimate us. 
Then there’s the over achieving comments, even if an there’s some truth to that, it doesn’t go well with the fans. I think this has always been why Rodger’s has never connected. We think Leicester City the best club in the world and we love it, and I think we want our manager to think that too, or at least pretend to think that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Taylor didn't have the resources this man does, we were punching above our weight in that time!  We are worse now than i can remember in my life time (I'm 50), we just have no desire from top (no pun intended) to bottom.  And considering all the resource and success of recent years, this makes it all the more unacceptable.

Agreed, Taylor also had big shoes to fill re O'Neill (who ironically left for Celtic of course!), although he was definitely at fault for alienating certain experienced players way too early who excelled under O'Neill of course like Ian Marshall, Walsh, Cottee  - but as you say/allude to, different times back then, as well as expectations under the tenure of a former lower league manager in essence. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree, Brendan has never truly had the adoration of the fans for some reason. 
Has less of a natural relationship with the fans than those above even with the Fa cup win 

I think there is some truth in that. I think one reason is that it has always come across as though he sees us as being beneath him. Granted he's managed Liverpool, who are one of the biggest clubs in the planet, but Ranieri has managed Chelsea, Juventus, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid etc. yet never conveyed the idea that we were beneath him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think there is some truth in that. I think one reason is that it has always come across as though he sees us as being beneath him. Granted he's managed Liverpool, who are one of the biggest clubs in the planet, but Ranieri has managed Chelsea, Juventus, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid etc. yet never conveyed the idea that we were beneath him. 

I think after the 4 months in charge of Greece and getting sacked had something to do with that. Claudio seemed genuinely happy to be at the Club. Even though he had come to one of the relegation favourites.

Where as BR probably considered himself to good for this role, but money talks