Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Two quotes from him from The Guardian review,

Losing the last six doesn’t make great reading. But it’s a challenge I will relish. I’ve never had this spell in my career before. I definitely want to continue

It's not a one-sided relationship. The club doesn't exist solely as a platform for him to better himself, as some kind of personal challenge. The club's interests dictates that results come first. He's shown a distinct lack of ability to change himself to meet those needs. In common parlance, he has no 'plan b'. If plan A doesn't work his answer is only to try harder. He doesn't think of changing the plan.

If they play like they did for large parts, and cut the mistakes, they’ll climb the table

And there It is again, blame game. Does he ever even think that his tactics and his inability to change and adapt might be part of it?

Conte changed shape and approach at half time. Rodgers had no answer.

• Like 2

I stopped going to games half way through last season, I have stopped going this season. Now hearing loads others say they are not going. If he is still here we will be seeing stands like during covid times, would that be enough for us to get Rid? 

The guys lost the majority of the players, he can't inspire or ignite them to play. His changes have a negative impact on the play. Time for a change.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I would say that History was set to shine well on Puels time here because he completely overhauled us from an ageing squad that was incredibly one dimensional, into one of the most promising “young” teams in Europe. 

When he left the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans, Barnes, Chilwell, Perreira were genuinely players that could be knocking on the door of many European top 6 clubs. 

But history is increasingly likely to look like Puel signed a load of rubbish, even though he didn’t, and they were turned to Rubbish under Rodgers. 

I really rated Puels time here, on the pitch it never quite came together, but the squad he built and the way he handled those horrible events was absolutely first class. 

Puel’s personality lost him a lot of friends and supporters . It seemed like he was arrogant and deaf to criticism and he wouldn’t explain the decisions he took which resulted in terrible football and alienated the supporters .
he had a good eye for a player though .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, taupe said:

Two quotes from him from The Guardian review,

It's not a one-sided relationship. The club doesn't exist solely as a platform for him to better himself, as some kind of personal challenge. The club's interests dictates that results come first. He's shown a distinct lack of ability to change himself to meet those needs. In common parlance, he has no 'plan b'. If plan A doesn't work his answer is only to try harder. He doesn't think of changing the plan.

And there It is again, blame game. Does he ever even think that his tactics and his inability to change and adapt might be part of it?

Conte changed shape and approach at half time. Rodgers had no answer.

I cannot remember the last time Rodgers made changes to outwit the opposition . He is so one dimensional and easy to read . Even the coaches in the Europa league with half his resources schooled him last season 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, rruunneerr said:

All gone wrong since Wes Morgan was allowed to leave along with Fuchs last summer. Should’ve kept Wes in some capacity as very well respected by the squad. Clearly BR didn’t want him around the club any longer, same might be true of Kasper. 

Morgan and Fuchs were at the end of their careers, but while Fofanas antics were abysmal, I can see why he didn't want to stay under Brendan. Schmeichel too wanted to go. They could see whats coming.

We still have some very good players. Ndidi was amongst the best DMs in the League recently. They are just being badly coached and losing confidence. Sack Rodgers today, and they will soon bounce back. 

We will need a summer rebuild as many players ending contracts. I hope we are still in the PL, but that becomes less likely with every game where Rodgers is still unsacked.

Edited by foxinsox

7 hours ago, Guy said:

Agreed, Taylor also had big shoes to fill re O'Neill (who ironically left for Celtic of course!), although he was definitely at fault for alienating certain experienced players way too early who excelled under O'Neill of course like Ian Marshall, Walsh, Cottee  - but as you say/allude to, different times back then, as well as expectations under the tenure of a former lower league manager in essence. 

...also England coach and took over as manager!!!

Continually states he was the one to give Beckham his chance.

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Rodgers tenure has been in decline for over 18 months, the FA cup was the sticking plaster that covered up the gaping wound that has now become infected with gangrene.  Like most of us we could see this coming, but he won us the FA cup, and we had European football for 2 years running, so we sat of the fence and were agnostic towards him.   Now it has got so bad that nearly all the fans have forgotten his past exploits and, if we go down because of him, he'll be remembered for the wrong reasons. 

I think some of the insults on here regarding Rodgers are uncalled for and should vie away from the personal name calling, but I can understand that supporters feel the club are not listening and as Pearson said 'I think you must be an ostrich. Is your head in the sand?'.  Maybe the accolades for our club have gone to peoples heads, perhaps there is too much back slapping and it has been too comfortable for some?  Those at the top will come under increasing criticism and scrutiny the longer this dying manager continues.  They need to act 'toute de suite', because this is unraveling faster than most of us ever imagined.......hero to zero with the best squad outside the top 4/5 and now we are the worst team in the space of 18 months.   At least you can say it is never boring being a Leicester fan!

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

I absolutely agree, all the signs have been there, including the capitulations we have experienced.

I am very much Rodgers out and have been

for a long time, but I do not feel the need to scoop so low as many of our fans seem to think it’s okay to do.

Some of the comments in this thread reek of entitlement, disgust and in general vile behaviour. Not that I am surprised as it’s seen most weeks at both home and away games.

**** him, it needs to be personal, he’s making it personal. He’s taking the club down whilst pocketing millions, blaming fans, blaming players, the lot. 

I hope someone chins him on the pitch if he leads us out for a game again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see us turning this around, without strong ownership and I've lost all faith in Aiyawatt and the board he employs.

I blame them as much as Brendan, I'm furious they've done what they've done. Now swallow your pride and make the ruthless decisions needed to save a multi billion pound business because otherwise they are about to witness massive failure.

As the cool kids say, “This”.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I see people saying “if we get a result against Forest”. This worries me. Is it not obvious that we have very little chance of any positive results - even against Forest?

Were busy beating ourselves right now. The opposition merely have to turn up. 

They're a lost cause.

• Like 1

BR carries the can here and absolutely has to go but some deeper routed problems exist with no clean sheet in 30 odd games.

The new manager has his work cut out with his first job organising that defence. We need to get back to being hard to beat. With Madders, Barnes, Daka, Youri and Kels we should score if only we can not concede.

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

BR carries the can here and absolutely has to go but some deeper routed problems exist with no clean sheet in 30 odd games.

The new manager has his work cut out with his first job organising that defence. We need to get back to being hard to beat. With Madders, Barnes, Daka, Youri and Kels we should score if only we can not concede.

That’s why Dyche would make some sense. Organisation and commitment his calling cards. Last season was one to many for him at Burnley, does not mean he’s not someone who’d improve us and get us far more organised quickly. Can see him going to forest and keeping them up if they move cooper on 

• Like 1

It’s like a relationship that started great and then quickly went off the rails.

Brendan was brilliant for 18 months - 2 years. 

Attacking wise out shape and positioning isn’t as bad as many make out at times. It’s not pretty or exciting but we do look okay.

He got us playing great football. However this inability to sort the defence is what will cost him. 

Ward is shaky. When your defence is unconfident in your keeper, it plays on the mind of those in front of him.

The fullbacks aren’t the strongest from a  defensive point of view, positionally or tracking runners.

You could play prime Maldini and Costacurta as the centre backs pairing but if you leave gaps and space a ship could go through, you’re struggling. The entire set piece setup is disgusting.

Sam Allardyce 25 odd years ago -  his setup was get your head on the ball, then know where that 2nd ball was going to land. Put people in these places to stop the 2nd cycle. It sounds simple but we don’t do it. Forget the criminal marking for a 2nd. That cross by Peresic for Kanes goal yesterday was sublime. However, how is he being allowed the space and angle to put that across. 

We are at the point where we need to forgo and attacking abilities and just grind out defensive shape. We need more solid full back position for personnel to steady the ship. It’ll reduce the width on the pitch when going forwards. However we’ll stop shipping goals like a bloody charity 5 a side match. 

Why Rodgers has persisted with this approach when we look devoid of confidence defensively for 12 months is bonkers. 

Yesterday when we fell apart, we were exposed with Evans and Faes being against 3 Spurs players. Where at the fullbacks. Just sit in and weather the storm. 

• Like 2