Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's 8am. 

There's unlikely to be anything for a few hours. 

Have they actually made any public statement concerning the position of Rodgers in the last few weeks?  Other clubs have sacked managers the same evening after such a run of results and performances such as ours.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Have they actually made any public statement concerning the position of Rodgers in the last few weeks?  Other clubs have sacked managers the same evening after such a run of results and performances such as ours.

What statement would you want? 

Just now, StanSP said:

What statement would you want? 

Not sure what I'd want but you'd normally expect some kind of public support. I know it is the old cliche about chairman's message of support for manager but striking to me that nothing has been said or I might have missed it.

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s like a relationship that started great and then quickly went off the rails.

Brendan was brilliant for 18 months - 2 years. 

Attacking wise out shape and positioning isn’t as bad as many make out at times. It’s not pretty or exciting but we do look okay.

He got us playing great football. However this inability to sort the defence is what will cost him. 

Ward is shaky. When your defence is unconfident in your keeper, it plays on the mind of those in front of him.

The fullbacks aren’t the strongest from a  defensive point of view, positionally or tracking runners.

You could play prime Maldini and Costacurta as the centre backs pairing but if you leave gaps and space a ship could go through, you’re struggling. The entire set piece setup is disgusting.

Sam Allardyce 25 odd years ago -  his setup was get your head on the ball, then know where that 2nd ball was going to land. Put people in these places to stop the 2nd cycle. It sounds simple but we don’t do it. Forget the criminal marking for a 2nd. That cross by Peresic for Kanes goal yesterday was sublime. However, how is he being allowed the space and angle to put that across. 

We are at the point where we need to forgo and attacking abilities and just grind out defensive shape. We need more solid full back position for personnel to steady the ship. It’ll reduce the width on the pitch when going forwards. However we’ll stop shipping goals like a bloody charity 5 a side match. 

Why Rodgers has persisted with this approach when we look devoid of confidence defensively for 12 months is bonkers. 

Yesterday when we fell apart, we were exposed with Evans and Faes being against 3 Spurs players. Where at the fullbacks. Just sit in and weather the storm. 

I'm no longer sure we have players capable of doing this. They just collapse at the first sign of the other side upping their level. This isn't new they did the same last season too.

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

The club doesn't appear to have made any kind of statement, has it?

The only statement will be when he has gone.  Difficult to see how they can give him the usual vote of confidence statement after yesterdays shit show.   Given the Thai´s tremendous respect of Royalty, nothing will happen tomorrow and nor should it.  If nothing today, the wait will run into Tuesday.

I can just picture Rodgers now talking to his reflection in the bathroom mirror telling himself how great and elite he is and it can’t possibly be his fault, it’s down to the owners, the players, injuries, bad luck, the fans etc etc.

…and I’m not joking.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

And to anyone say its gone south in the last 6 to 12 to 18 months, nah, i'm sorry, in his 3 years we've had 2 good half season's out of him.

He came in, steadied the ship - which was needed.

First full season - A good half a season, come January we were terrible.

Second full season - A good first half a season, I wanna say come November we turned terrible but we'll give him benefit of the doubt, we'll say January.

Europa League - Treated with contempt.

We won the FA Cup this season, which we thank him for.

Last season - Terrible.

Europa League - Treated with contempt.

Europa Conference League - A competition we found ourselves in because we treated Europa League the way we did only to get far in the competition then go out to Roma without a whimper.

This season - Terrible.

2 half seasons!!!

You know I agree with you but you’re underplaying the good spells.

We were brilliant in the first half season and then we were top of the league in Jan or Feb 2021 (albeit playing a more pragmatic style).

But since that week that we beat Chelsea and Southampton at home in 20/21 we’ve been consistently poor and getting worse. We’ve gone from mid-table form to lower-mid-table form to relegation form to Derby 2008 form.

The results have been better than performances for a long time and all of Rodgers’s chickens are coming home to roost.

Edited by ttfn

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm no longer sure we have players capable of doing this. They just collapse at the first sign of the other side upping their level. This isn't new they did the same last season too.

I sort of thought the same as I was typing. 

We might need to forgo ability and just bring in someone on a free that actually defends. We’re that desperate. 

4 minutes ago, DezFox said:

We all know he won’t get sacked. Least progressive moment in a very long time should have been sack 12 months ago. Damage is done championship here we come. Like many on here past caring now. 

I get your frustration but he's likely to get sacked isn't he. We're just not going to carry on like this game after game so what you're saying is wrong.

I personally haven't stopped caring. I can actually see Forest under a new manager being potentially one of the best nights in recent time if they're set free. 

There are positives on the horizon. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, reynard said:

I agree. A new manager won't have a magic wand to suddenly transform the players at his disposal. 

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not sure what I'd want but you'd normally expect some kind of public support. I know it is the old cliche about chairman's message of support for manager but striking to me that nothing has been said or I might have missed it.

...it very much comes across as a total indifference to what is going on at the club!!!

A statement acknowledging the difficult start to the season and even support for the manager.

This club has a problem with communication, it is just not good at it, we are all wondering what is going on with the club, and soon the thoughts will be, are we going to be up for sale, and have new owners, as the present one has, it appears, to have little interest in what is going on here.

10 minutes ago, reynard said:

I might be being totally naive but I truly believe we don't make half of the mistakes we're making under a new manager. I don't think he can motivate to save his life and his coaching team seem useless too. The players get a small reprieve from me but we'll see

• Like 1