Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Regardless of if you think he's contributed to it by pointlessly playing/overplaying certain players.... we're missing so many crucial players for us. Without Ndidi, Tielemans can't be the same player. Without Evans/Fofana, the defence is a shambles. We no longer have the stability of Justin to rely on every game. Harvey Barnes is clearly out of sorts & as is Maddison. 

I think we've got to grit our teeth and grind out some points before a few of them come back in the new year. If we go into the final 15-20 games of the season and we've still got a chance of finishing in the top 7 & still in a few cups, it'll be a brilliant result. 

• Like 3

I liked that he changed our tactics yesterday, think 442 is the way forwards, maybe with pereira/albrighton/perez instead of one of barnes or lookman for better defensive cover on the wings. It gives vardy and iheanacho more space to do their thing on the counter. Problem is our defense is shaky as anything at the moment so conceding possession is a dangerous game.

8 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Regardless of if you think he's contributed to it by pointlessly playing/overplaying certain players.... we're missing so many crucial players for us. Without Ndidi, Tielemans can't be the same player. Without Evans/Fofana, the defence is a shambles. We no longer have the stability of Justin to rely on every game. Harvey Barnes is clearly out of sorts & as is Maddison. 

I think we've got to grit our teeth and grind out some points before a few of them come back in the new year. If we go into the final 15-20 games of the season and we've still got a chance of finishing in the top 7 & still in a few cups, it'll be a brilliant result. 

That'd be pretty miraculous since we're currently heading for a 38-42 point finish!

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Football is so fickle.  With JJ, Fofana, Evans and Ndidi all fit, our results would be vastly different.  This will be turned around once our defenders come back.  We are creating and scoring which is one positive at least.  Keep the faith,  I did after losing to Harlow.

This. JJ is back soon, and we only need Evans and Ndidi back to get going again.

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Football is so fickle.  With JJ, Fofana, Evans and Ndidi all fit, our results would be vastly different.  This will be turned around once our defenders come back.  We are creating and scoring which is one positive at least.  Keep the faith,  I did after losing to Harlow.

I'm not sure that we are creating. The two goals on Sunday were from Palace mistakes and I don't recall creating much against Legia or Burnley. 

Those players coming back won't be up to speed for some time. 

• Like 1

We've only ever thrown away a 2 goal lead 3 times under Rodgers, and yesterday was the 1st time in the league. Its worrying its happened twice this season already and shows how bereft of confidence and resilience this team is right now.

The defence is an absolute mess, I honestly don't know what the answer is without Evans. I can't see Vestergaard ever being good enough though and especially without Ndidi now for several weeks it's going to be a very vulnerable team and we've got a tough run of games.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see us continue to nosedive, but football changes quickly and these next 2 weeks he needs to be working his magic. He's lucky quite a big chunk of his squad won't be on international duty. I'm wondering if its time he tries Benkovic, I can't see how he'd be any worse than Vestergaard and we cannot just sit back and carry on with him and Soyuncu together we genuinely could be in a relegation battle if not, I don't see us winning regularly with him in the team.

The relentless injuries is a huge concern as well, it was inevitable we'd stop being able to cope with losing key players and it is the single one thing that will scupper Rodgers here if he doesn't take it seriously. It can't just be down to luck.

Our defence is shocking and our chance creation is pretty terrible as well. Vardy is carrying this team at the moment. You can have bad defence getting bailed out by brilliant attackers or vice versa but when both are bad it's time to panic 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've only ever thrown away a 2 goal lead 3 times under Rodgers, and yesterday was the 1st time in the league. Its worrying its happened twice this season already and shows how bereft of confidence and resilience this team is right now.

The defence is an absolute mess, I honestly don't know what the answer is without Evans. I can't see Vestergaard ever being good enough though and especially without Ndidi now for several weeks it's going to be a very vulnerable team and we've got a tough run of games.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see us continue to nosedive, but football changes quickly and these next 2 weeks he needs to be working his magic. He's lucky quite a big chunk of his squad won't be on international duty. I'm wondering if its time he tries Benkovic, I can't see how he'd be any worse than Vestergaard and we cannot just sit back and carry on with him and Soyuncu together we genuinely could be in a relegation battle if not, I don't see us winning regularly with him in the team.

The relentless injuries is a huge concern as well, it was inevitable we'd stop being able to cope with losing key players and it is the single one thing that will scupper Rodgers here if he doesn't take it seriously. It can't just be down to luck.

Do you not think there is an arrogance about how BR sets up?

We scored first this weekend and crumbled. We usually concede first, then panic halfway through the second half and only then have a shot on target, but ultimately we do not win.

We set out to outplay the oppositions defensive abilities (Barcelonaball), yet we are not effective at this, shown by our imbalance of possession and lack of shots on target. We are then countered.

His reluctance to change, will cost him his job, and our Champions League aspirations for this season.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

This. JJ is back soon, and we only need Evans and Ndidi back to get going again.

I think you will find it runs a bit deeper plus no way will JJ be at his best until he has a preseason.

Evans has a big issue and by the time Ndidi returns we will be bottom 6!

I think it’s a shame but he might be on borrowed time come December !

Confidence is a fickle beast.

Every team needs a reasonably settled central defence (including midfield) and we just haven't had it because of injuries. Cags has lost his partners/anchors and Vestergaard hasn't had time to settle. I don't know if it is related or a separate issue but we are blowing hot and cold going forward also.

I know it might not seem much of an answer but actually I think the coaches and players just need to work a bit harder and have a bit of faith in themselves. Almost get back to that just promoted Brentford mind set.

One thing I am sure of, if we could scramble 2 or 3 wins and get that confidence running back through the team, we can get going again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I totally agree on Benkovic. Can he really be any worse than Dan or Vestagaard?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've only ever thrown away a 2 goal lead 3 times under Rodgers,

That is quite a lot in 3 years. As I said yesterday we’ve not come back from 2 goals down for nearly 5 years now.

Not to detract from your overall point which is right btw - confidence is obviously very low and in both of those games this season we were fortunate to be 2 goals up in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Quite obviously because he's never getting a look in at any point during Rodgers' time here. 

I'm guessing it's fitness related but there's just not a chance Benkovic plays unless all our CBs get injured. 

So yes, I think at this moment in time he is worse than Amartey and Vestergaard. 

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

He must be shocking as Championship clubs don't want to give him game time on loan or in cup games for us. If he really is that bad then why the f did Rodgers register him in the EPL & EL squads. 

He has 2 strikers who when they play together have the best strike rate in the premier league, in fact one of the best in the world , for any team its like Christmas arriving every day and he simply doesn`t pick them. When you look at who he does play instead it ranks as the worst management decision in history.

Tactics, we never seem to have a midfield that come to the defence to help out of help the ball be played out creativly, again 100% down to tthe manager.

Substitutions, never seem a manager make more mistakes, we`re losing so he puts a defender on, we`re winning so he puts a striker on or shiffles the midfield aimlessly,poor decision making every single game.

Sorry because i like Rodgers but he really needs to toughen up and make better decisions

20 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Good god this post has two likes. TWO.

tbf, everyone is entitled to an opinion on here.. no need to be patronising, is there? give the lad a break 

if 25 points in 25 games doesn't concern you then you might want to look up the definition of insanity. It is also as if he is picking names out of a hat for who to sub on/sub off it's coming to a point where you have to laugh else you will cry 

Edited by JonnyBoy

58 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I liked that he changed our tactics yesterday, think 442 is the way forwards, maybe with pereira/albrighton/perez instead of one of barnes or lookman for better defensive cover on the wings. It gives vardy and iheanacho more space to do their thing on the counter. Problem is our defense is shaky as anything at the moment so conceding possession is a dangerous game.

I agree Rodgers would have to change his playing style and personnel for 4 4 2 to be more effective. With attacking wingers like Barnes and Lookman it essentially became a 4 2 4 and we exploited on the wings + overran in midfield - we should've brought Albrighton on the left at half time to sure things up. Also playing out from the back in a possession based system is going to be problematic with midfield 2, one of who isn't great on the ball - press Youri and we have no outlet. 

4 4 2 with Rodgers ball and a dodgy defence is a recipe for disaster.

15 minutes ago, turlo said:

I agree Rodgers would have to change his playing style and personnel for 4 4 2 to be more effective. With attacking wingers like Barnes and Lookman it essentially became a 4 2 4 and we exploited on the wings + overran in midfield - we should've brought Albrighton on the left at half time to sure things up. Also playing out from the back in a possession based system is going to be problematic with midfield 2, one of who isn't great on the ball - press Youri and we have no outlet. 

4 4 2 with Rodgers ball and a dodgy defence is a recipe for disaster.

Any lineup without Iheanacho in it seems a more certain recipe for disaster at the moment.

31 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

tbf, everyone is entitled to an opinion on here.. no need to be patronising, is there? give the lad a break 

if 25 points in 25 games doesn't concern you then you might want to look up the definition of insanity. It is also as if he is picking names out of a hat for who to sub on/sub off it's coming to a point where you have to laugh else you will cry 

You need a new calculator. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why are some fans so quick to blame it all on injuries?

We’ve looked pretty shit with Ndidi in the team this season, we still have regular starting defenders in Soyuncu, Ricardo and Castagne all fit, he signed Vestergaard for a reason, some will say it was a panic buy; however after previous links, he was clearly a player on our radar for sometime.

Missing Evans is the problem, yet he hasn’t found a way yet for us to cope without him.

It now feels like we are relying on Evans to get fit, for a team like us we shouldn’t have to rely on one player to hopefully magically fix our problems.

When we are without Evans, there’s a mental naivety about this team that Brendan needs to fix, if he doesn’t then that will be his undoing.

• Like 2