Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...did you mean hypocritical....!!!

Being on garden leave will most likely lead to a lower pay out of severance, or someone comes in for him and we get compensated.

Yeah I did ! 
the club were able to make purely financial calls in the summer and chose to go down varying routes, one of which is that players were being paid a lot to be part of the squad and if you want someone in then someone has to leave. 
they could have negotiated on that to rid themselves of players but chose not to 

to do that with rodgers now opens them up to criticisms of hypocrisy. 
I reckon for that reason they will endeavour not to go down the gardening leave road. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Correct, just the mood and aura surrounding the club would be lifted, we’d be able to breath again.

9 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Time to pull the trigger.  Get the new manager in and bring all the players in for training next week.

there won’t be anyone around today and I expect the complex is shut tomorrow. They may well decide to do it today but if I was them I wouldn’t want to be accused of using the queens funeral and lead up as being used ‘a good day to bury bad news’. Most non Lcfc fans would see rodgers sacking as being undeserved. That the club are responsible by denying him funds. 

a chunk of players will be off on international duty and others will be off for a few days away if they can. There is no training this week. 

7 hours ago, tickler28 said:

If Rodgers is not gone by Tuesday at the latest I'm resigning as a supporter of LCFC....seriously had enough of Brendans shit 

They know the vast majority will still be there every week - we don’t get to choose our club and we have an irrational need to be there 

6 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s awful right now but there’s a lot of revisionism on here atm. Rodgers was a very popular appointment and remained so until the middle of last year. People saying they never liked him etc are either lying or looking at the past with the benefit of hindsight 

Something was never quite there. As a supporter you would have done a lot for Nigel. Granted that puel wasn’t a ‘fans man’. Rodgers was somewhere in between. given our ‘success’ under him, it should have been a stronger relationship 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex

I think we should have a minute’s applause at one minute in recognition of Brendan’s great achievement of our one point tally to date

It may cost us a packet to sack Brendan but it will cost us a lot more if we go at the end of the season. There have been good times, but 6 defeats in a row, shipping goals, and seemingly incapable of changing his ethos, any manager in his shoes would be getting the bullet right now. What we need is a manager to put some backbone in this squad. I seem to say this time and time again, all this playing from the back, ball playing centre backs, it is all well and good but their first job is to keep cleans sheets, and keep us in the game. We do not have the players needed to play a possession based game high up the pitch, it just exposes our inadequacies. What we badly need is a centre back in the Huth mould, and I am not sure we have one. That said, if we realise we need to shut up shop at the back and play accordingly, Vesty may still come good for us as not been his fault he does not fit how Rogers wants to play. Dyche may be a good shout right now, and a fair indication of where we are at. Sorry brendan but you gotta go son and i think you know it. For all you have done but for all this club has also given you, the honourable thing would be to resign.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm no longer sure we have players capable of doing this. They just collapse at the first sign of the other side upping their level. This isn't new they did the same last season too.

A historic story which may be relevant. In the Battle of Hastings, after early losses to the English army, a rumour went around the battlefield that William had been killed and the Norman soldiers started to retreat and flee. At this, William rode to the head of the battle, lifted his helmet to show he was very much alive and the rest is history as they say. 

We have a good squad with talent that is being squandered by poor leadership. A new face can reinvent and reinvigorate our players. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

I sort of thought the same as I was typing. 

We might need to forgo ability and just bring in someone on a free that actually defends. We’re that desperate. 

...stop pushing our Fullbacks up so high, stop over elaborating the CB positions, just bring it back to basics!!!

The players are attempting to follow instructions but do not believe in what they are doing. It is the reason why they crumble, they do not know how to cope in a system they do not understand. 

Just looking at KDH it is noticeable that someone who plays with his heart on his sleeve  has started to go backwards, they all do under this regime.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Doubt he will get the chop until Tuesday. 

Maybe. In respect of the queen. The family do respect royalty. Not saying it’s the right thing, but just offering explanations. 

Imo he needs to go today. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

What we badly need is a centre back in the Huth mould, and I am not sure we have one. 

I agree. For those of us feeling really low about things I remember well the 1983-84 season and then we signed Bob Hazell. Exactly the type of player you describe.

from wiki

In the 1983–84 season, Leicester had a poor start with six successive league defeats which represented the Foxes' worst start to a season and labelled them as early relegation favourites. After going out of the League Cup though, their form picked up with only 2 defeats in their next 15 league games from the end of October until the end of January. Their relegation worries were formally avoided when Leicester beat Nottingham Forest 2-1 at Filbert Street on 5 May with 2 games to spare and the Foxes finished the season in a fairly comfortable 15th place.

If players play badly they can expect to be dropped.  If managers manage badly they should expect the same fate.  The manager is an integral part of the team as decisions made influence the outcome of matches just as much as superb or terrible play does.

IMO both players and the manager have contributed to our dire position.  If nothing changes we cannot expect any improvement to our performances.  There is no longer an option to change players through the transfer market.  The only hope we have is to effect improvement through a change to the manager.

40 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

He is not going anywhere. i think deep down we all know it. im not sure what he has on Top 

Maybe it's the fact that funds were not available in the summer.  Top probably feels he is partly responsible & is giving Rodgers longer than he should. 

Unfortunately he needs to grasp that sentiment & loyalty in sport (in our situation especially) should be put to one side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well that's circumstances the club have put themselves in and find themselves in, tough, get on with it, suck it up.

I've heard for too long now 'It hurt Top/The club the flack they got when the sacked Ranieri' or 'They club are very mindful of decisions as they don't want a bad rep with managers'.

You do the best for yourself and the club and quite frankly I don't give a ****, neither should they, this has been allowed to go on for too long.

They've had several chances and opportunities of which are only intensifying.

So wait until the queen has been interred tomorrow 

we have almost unique outside circumstances today and tomorrow 

we have an ownership who are steeped in royalty and respect for it. top will have met the king and POW via polo events on many occasions.  He won’t want to make any announcements over the next 48 hours. 

the fans just need to get on with their lives for two more days 

the board has dragged its feet on this -  if they continue to do so post Tuesday, then we have serious questions to ask and justifiably so.

We absolutely need these ‘easier’ fixtures to help with a new manager bounce. Wasting the potential for 7-9 points with BR in charge will condemn us to relegation. 

And I don’t buy all this nonsense about the Queen. It should have no impact on how and when we make decisions and make them public.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

I think we'll see an announcement later today. Realistically I don't think the logistics allowed for it last night given that we were playing away. Had we been at home I suspect we would have seen some movement but they wouldn't have got back into Leicester until late last night so probably wasn't ample opportunity. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1